2018 Contract leaks

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
How is the possibility of creating more full-time jobs and potentially funding the pension at a higher rate a concession?

It might adversely impact OT whores and giuys who milk the clock on a daily basis, but from what is written on this forum about over dispatching and no family life it would seem many drivers would be for that schedule.

If this is such a big deal you may want to have some guys in your feeder department file ASAP. I don't have any union connections but I'm guessing there is already a LOA somewhere in the contract covering this topic.
You think 4 10’s will create more jobs and boost the pension? Are you kidding me? It was created to reduce cost. Period. It’s your backwards thinking that is causing a regression of what many men died for. My supplement tells a different story. I have no 4 10 language.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
4 10's would become 4 11's, then 4 12's. You know it and I know it. They couldn't even deny it with a straight face! Remember UPS pays H&W and Pension fees on only the first 8 hours worked. After that those costs go away for the company. That is why its cheaper to work 2 top scale drivers 12's instead of working any 3 drivers 8 hours.

brown_trousers

4 10's would become 4 11's, then 4 12's. You know it and I know it. They couldn't even deny it with a straight face! Remember UPS pays H&W and Pension fees on only the first 8 hours worked. After that those costs go away for the company. That is why its cheaper to work 2 top scale drivers 12's instead of working any 3 drivers 8 hours.

Already working 12 hour days here, as is everyone else. I'd take the pay cut to get an additional day off. I believe a good majority of my coworker would as well, as it may not pay as much, the quality of life would be greatly increased

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That would have to change if they change our schedules.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
You think 4 10’s will create more jobs and boost the pension? Are you kidding me? It was created to reduce cost. Period. It’s your backwards thinking that is causing a regression of what many men died for. My supplement tells a different story. I have no 4 10 language.

I thought pension was covered only on straight time hours which is why I thought it would help the pension.

What supplement are you under?

anHOURover

i love my 4 10's
it was once 2 part time jobs that paid nothing into the pension
thanks to mr carey now its 1 full time thats paying into the teamsters pension .
thanks mr carey for my 4 10's

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Hold on cowboy, one punch here pays for the week. Every plan is unique.

Our contributions are made on compensated hours. Once we work 2080 hours, contributions halt.

We are talking about the payments UPS makes to the union. UPS pays the Teamsters a set amount per hour for Health and Well fare and a set amount for Pensions......UP TO 8 HOURS PER DAY PER PERSON. So if a driver A works 12 hours and driver B works 12 hours UPS pays the union 16 times the set hourly rate. The union then uses the monies to provide us our Health care insurance and our pensions. If the UPS uses 3 drivers who work 8 hours each then the company would pay the Union 24 hours worth!

REMEMBER THAT :censored2: WHEN YOU GET THE LETTER SAYING YOUR PENSION IS IN THE RED AND ONLY 60% FUNDED THE SAME DAY DISPATCH GAVE YOU 11,5 HOURS!!!!

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
i love my 4 10's
it was once 2 part time jobs that paid nothing into the pension
thanks to mr carey now its 1 full time thats paying into the teamsters pension .
thanks mr carey for my 4 10's
And now it’s being enacted into feeder departments that were always full time. Why? Waaaaayyyyy cheaper. That’s a $7500 reduction in income per year on 40 hours. UPS won.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Some of the regulars over in Romper Room are talking about a rumored buyout. I haven’t heard anything about this.

Has anyone else heard these rumors and, if so, what is the Company supposedly willing to offer to get us senior guys to leave?

Inthegame

We are talking about the payments UPS makes to the union. UPS pays the Teamsters a set amount per hour for Health and Well fare and a set amount for Pensions......UP TO 8 HOURS PER DAY PER PERSON. So if a driver A works 12 hours and driver B works 12 hours UPS pays the union 16 times the set hourly rate. The union then uses the monies to provide us our Health care insurance and our pensions. If the UPS uses 3 drivers who work 8 hours each then the company would pay the Union 24 hours worth!
Your plan pays per hour (up to 8). Mine pays per week. As I stated, every plan is unique.
BTW, the "union" doesn't get a dime of these payments.