2018 Contract leaks

Over disciplined0123

Well you obviously don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Lots of large shippers already start diverting their volume after Wednesday. We started Saturday delivery to try and get some of that volume back.

Saturday delivery is a good business move. Sunday I'm not too sure.

Oh and no tactics were needed to start Saturday delivery. Almost every region already had Saturday delivery language in their contract. Been in the central 20+ years I think.
You don’t know what you are talking about. The language in Contract regarding Saturday was written for feeder classification I have always been told for last 20 years tues thru sat work even Sunday is in there the important language is the 6th day of work. Ups is a billion dollar doubling and tripling its profits and setting records every year so come on really Saturday should of been considered extra work until ratification of the 2018 contract anydriver with available hours could work for extra hours We have a bunch of OT whores in our center. Me personally hate it ..... ups is killing us I had the same route for 20 years with amazing transformations Of how 85 stops was a 8hr day and now 130 stops is ... they are making $$$$$$ from our sweat and blood .They need to throw us a bone

Last edited:

Over disciplined0123

@FrigidFTSup was the one that said it and I trust that he normally knows what's going on.

Either way it's obvious it kind of had to be done. All of our competitors work that day.

I personally think it had more to do with giving us an extra day to pump volume thru and aging system.
dont compare yourself to their competitors do you see them out there delivering still at 830 pm. No don’t think so They are all done by 5 mostly. And hey how come fed ex can be out of their building by 8am But at ups it’s like 945am lately .. ups being as smart as they are kept pushing it back 10 min every month so we didn’t raise hell and look 2 years later start time turned into 905am

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You don’t know what you are talking about. The language in Contract regarding Saturday was written for feeder classification I have always been told for last 20 years tues thru sat work even Sunday is in there the important language is the 6th day of work. Ups is a billion dollar doubling and tripling its profits and setting records every year so come on really Saturday should of been considered extra work until ratification of the 2018 contract anydriver with available hours could work for extra hours We have a bunch of OT whores in our center. Me personally hate it ..... ups is killing us I had the same route for 20 years with amazing transformations Of how 85 stops was a 8hr day and now 130 stops is ... they are making $$$$$$ from our sweat and blood .They need to throw us a bone
It's your opinion it was for for feeder work.

Obviously the union and company felt otherwise.

So if 85 stop was an 8 hour day now 130 is either they made you much more efficient (good for them) or you started working much faster (slow down)

Brownslave688

dont compare yourself to their competitors do you see them out there delivering still at 830 pm. No don’t think so They are all done by 5 mostly. And hey how come fed ex can be out of their building by 8am But at ups it’s like 945am lately .. ups being as smart as they are kept pushing it back 10 min every month so we didn’t raise hell and look 2 years later start time turned into 905am
For the love of god learn to use punctuation and write a coherent sentence.

So why does ups want you out of the building at 10 am
And not 8 am?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The language in Contract regarding Saturday was written for feeder classification

Not in the Central Region.

2cid4c9.jpg

1pdksj.jpg

The language clearly states "Full Time Seniority Employees".

At the time.... it would have included Feeder, Package, and 22.2 inside workers.

-Bug-

Over disciplined0123

It's your opinion it was for for feeder work.

Obviously the union and company felt otherwise.

So if 85 stop was an 8 hour day now 130 is either they made you much more efficient (good for them) or you started working much faster (slow down)
My point was that they determine what a fair days work for a fair days pay is. Each route should be ridden by union official and management for a real time study .. They constantly keep taking time away from us. And I’m now going any faster I’m just getting home at 855pm instead of 6

Brownslave688

My point was that they determine what a fair days work for a fair days pay is. Each route should be ridden by union official and management for a real time study .. They constantly keep taking time away from us. And I’m now going any faster I’m just getting home at 855pm instead of 6
Who gives a :censored2: about their time studies?

Having a union official and management ride along for a time study is one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard.

Brownslave688

Curious what made you join 6 years ago but not post anything until recently and just go crazy binge posting?

Troll much?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
In supplement that is why

Your supplement has different language than the Central Region.

What supplement is that ? (would save me from looking)

But still.... after 1987, it's a possibility for Tues-Sat for all employees.

Not just feeders. (in your supplement)

Just say'n dude.

-Bug-

Over disciplined0123

I said it didnt. It will always be vague that is how it’s negotiated lol. Then grievance and arbitration and let the lawyers decide. They do that on purpose I think

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I don't see what the big deal is about getting more options for scheduling. In feeders there are plenty of drivers who like working 4 10's and Sun-Thur. If you don't like those schedules then don't bid them.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
It would be nice to have a day off during the week to run those errands that can't be done on the weekend.

Budget based on 40 and this wouldn't be an issue for you.
It’s not an issue for me. The fact that we fought for OT after 8 and then conceded to after 10 is a huge concession. As for errands on the additional day off? I have a doctor that’s open on Saturday, I have a dentist that’s open on Saturday, I have a chiropractor that’s open on Saturday, I have a massage therapist that’s open on Saturday.