2018 Contract leaks

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We have the later start time because it increases their revenue for air packages and shippers can have later pick up times .It also helps with the advancing of loads and controlling volume on specific days . I believe it also helps with the time diffence east to west coast
No, we have a later start time because 20 years ago people were saying we could process x amount of trailers everyday, when they were all half empty. Now we have blown out trailers coming in every single day and nobody has the balls to say we can't do it anymore. And if you do have the balls to say it, they tell you to figure it out.

Over disciplined0123

It doesn’t.
Don’t you get it we are now out there later making pickups. Here is a example . 10 years ago the cut off for you to receive a on call air was 3pm now it is 630 pm they can said to a ground driver and after 630 it goes to a air driver .Drop boxes used to be picked up at 7 pm now they are picked up at 9pm. So you see now

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Because the plane that flys to Louisville now leaves later so customers and shippers and drop shippers have till I believe 1030 pm instead of 9pm for a overnight package and international ..That is the bread and butter of ups. They make hardly nothing on ground packages
The planes leave at the same time they always do. If anything the sort is going longer on the back end.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Don’t you get it we are now out there later making pickups. Here is a example . 10 years ago the cut off for you to receive a on call air was 3pm now it is 630 pm they can said to a ground driver and after 630 it goes to a air driver .Drop boxes used to be picked up at 7 pm now they are picked up at 9pm. So you see now

Uh.....no.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Cuz it’s contract time and we should all stick together and keep each other informed sir. So you can stop stalking me now Brownslave688 and how come you are the only one to care about punctuation... I’m only hear to share some info and mabey see if it is just my area that is getting screwed on a day to day basis .. Over dispatched and over 9.5. ..everyday even being on the 9.5 list. The company just says file a grievance we don’t care
I just can't take someone seriously that doesn't know the difference between here and hear and thinks maybe is spelled mabey.

Plus it makes it very hard to read your posts.

Brownslave688

Another reason for later start is all the scanning and pal labels they have to put on packages and that slows down the sort and advancement of parcel.
We are cramming more packages than ever down the belts faster than ever and you think the sorts have slowed down.

Smh

Brownslave688

I don't see the problem?

Brownslave688

We actually just moved our commit time to have air back at the building up by 15 minutes.

35years

Gravy route
No, we have a later start time because 20 years ago people were saying we could process x amount of trailers everyday, when they were all half empty. Now we have blown out trailers coming in every single day and nobody has the balls to say we can't do it anymore. And if you do have the balls to say it, they tell you to figure it out.

So we have later start times because UPS will not spend the money on infrastructure (more, bigger, updated facilities, more vehicles) and personnel...more routes and drivers etc.

It is a calculated business decision at some level, to save them money. Drivers don't see their kids anymore because the decision makers are uncaring greedy bastards.

At least at contract time comparing us to mail carriers (who are off by 4:30) carries even less weight.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

So we have later start times because UPS will not spend the money on infrastructure (more, bigger, updated facilities, more vehicles) and personnel...more routes and drivers etc.

It is a calculated business decision at some level, to save them money. Drivers don't see their kids anymore because the decision makers are uncaring greedy bastards.

At least at contract time comparing us to mail carriers (who are off by 4:30) carries even less weight.
They've spent billions updating centers and hubs the last few years. Should they have started soon? Sure but let's not act like the company isn't spending any money.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit

They're throwing a crap ton into infrastructure right now.

And you know what we get? The same people who are complaining on here about late start times, complaining they are spending money in a contract year to hide profits.

Distracted driver

Distracted Driver
And sorry about my punctuation. I really don’t write much being a ups driver ...I’m sure you can figure it out without a period or question mark or a capitol I . Holy Jesus I did not know we needed proper punctuation in this forum of truck drivers .(period). I will indent my paragraphs next time Mrs Privatera (she was my 10th grade English teacher)
I think Brownslave688 is a English major I don’t punctuate either unless Siri does it for me holy :censored2: I failed 9th grade English 3 times. That’s probably why I am just a UPS driver. Lol. But making over 75 grand

Distracted driver

Distracted Driver
I'm surprised you didn't jump on that one to give me a stroke
We are now getting the new auto sort system for smalls in our area . I’m curious to see what they do with the 45 full time inside employees who once manned the smalls sort. As you no ..No new technology shall replace any teamster jobs or cause lay offs or work shortages

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We are now getting the new auto sort system for smalls in our area . I’m curious to see what they do with the 45 full time inside employees who once manned the smalls sort. As you no ..No new technology shall replace any teamster jobs or cause lay offs or work shortages
May not replace any jobs. But it will sure as hell prevent any more from being created

Brownslave688

I think Brownslave688 is a English major I don’t punctuate either unless Siri does it for me holy :censored2: I failed 9th grade English 3 times. That’s probably why I am just a UPS driver. Lol. But making over 75 grand
I am just a dumb hillbilly. When I have trouble reading your posts because the grammar and spelling is so bad. It's really bad!!!