2018 Contract leaks

Distracted driver

Distracted Driver
Well just like I was told by a good source last year. UPS is going to do anything g it can to change a lot of language in the upcoming contract . The main one is going to be Sunday work. Yes we will be working on Sundays I can almost guarantee that . I’m sure not all of us but a handful of routes will be Sun thru Thurs . Now I hope our negotiators will be smart about and not change that we are entitled to double pay for any work performed on sundays .I am not for this in any way but I know UPS will get their way by threatening that competition is doing this and if we don’t there will be layoffs (which is bull:censored2:). Just what they said about Saturdays.
I totally agree brother

Distracted driver

Distracted Driver
It’s not an issue for me. The fact that we fought for OT after 8 and then conceded to after 10 is a huge concession. As for errands on the additional day off? I have a doctor that’s open on Saturday, I have a dentist that’s open on Saturday, I have a chiropractor that’s open on Saturday, I have a massage therapist that’s open on Saturday.
Wow sounds like you have some issues with your back and teeth

anHOURover

It would be nice to have a day off during the week to run those errands that can't be done on the weekend.

Budget based on 40 and this wouldn't be an issue for you.
The boss of his household won't let him come home with a 40 hour check. He keeps killing himself and keeping the boss happy. The boss has a lot of free time as well as I do.

anHOURover

Not in the Central Region.

2cid4c9.jpg

1pdksj.jpg

The language clearly states "Full Time Seniority Employees".

At the time.... it would have included Feeder, Package, and 22.2 inside workers.

-Bug-

Are you in D.C. Or Florida bug ?
I'd like to come visit you. I can't wait to do a q and a with you on YouTube.

Last edited by a moderator:

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
The boss of his household won't let him come home with a 40 hour check. He keeps killing himself and keeping the boss happy. The boss has a lot of free time as well as I do.
I work a lot over OT and the boss is self employed. She makes way more than I do. We do ok. I hope you are ok sleeping on the floor mattress still.

Over disciplined0123

For the love of god learn to use punctuation and write a coherent sentence.

So why does ups want you out of the building at 10 am
And not 8 am?
We have the later start time because it increases their revenue for air packages and shippers can have later pick up times .It also helps with the advancing of loads and controlling volume on specific days . I believe it also helps with the time diffence east to west coast

Over disciplined0123

We have the later start time because it increases their revenue for air packages and shippers can have later pick up times .It also helps with the advancing of loads and controlling volume on specific days . I believe it also helps with the time diffence east to west coast
And sorry about my punctuation. I really don’t write much being a ups driver ...I’m sure you can figure it out without a period or question mark or a capitol I . Holy Jesus I did not know we needed proper punctuation in this forum of truck drivers .(period). I will indent my paragraphs next time Mrs Privatera (she was my 10th grade English teacher)

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
How does having less time increase air revenue?

Over disciplined0123

Curious what made you join 6 years ago but not post anything until recently and just go crazy binge posting?

Troll much?
Cuz it’s contract time and we should all stick together and keep each other informed sir. So you can stop stalking me now Brownslave688 and how come you are the only one to care about punctuation... I’m only hear to share some info and mabey see if it is just my area that is getting screwed on a day to day basis .. Over dispatched and over 9.5. ..everyday even being on the 9.5 list. The company just says file a grievance we don’t care

Over disciplined0123

How does having less time increase air revenue?
Because the plane that flys to Louisville now leaves later so customers and shippers and drop shippers have till I believe 1030 pm instead of 9pm for a overnight package and international ..That is the bread and butter of ups. They make hardly nothing on ground packages

Over disciplined0123

Because the plane that flys to Louisville now leaves later so customers and shippers and drop shippers have till I believe 1030 pm instead of 9pm for a overnight package and international ..That is the bread and butter of ups. They make hardly nothing on ground packages
And that starts a chain reaction also from air packages arriving in our facility from other areas henceforth that is why we start later .. They now have more time ::I can see a 10oclock start happening soon