2018 Contract leaks

Inthegame

Beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

I don't think I need glasses yet....

33k431e.jpg

:biggrin:
Saw her at a summit in DC the IBT called in response to Taft Hartley plans not eligible for subsidies under the ACA. She turned lots of heads mostly from old guard leaders. Well preserved for being in her fifties.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Met her. She had some good ideas. Wish her the best.
She might not have been the right person to run a local but to be a ba it would have been to the benefit of the members... it sounded like many of the members liked her.... and we really do need more women in leadership roles with the teamsters union... especially in Washington....

Last edited:

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
She might not have been the right person to run a local but to be a ba it would have been to the benefit of the members... it sounded like many of net members liked her.... and we really do need more women in leadership roles with the teamsters union... especially in Washington....
She meant well.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
She might not have been the right person to run a local but to be a ba it would have been to the benefit of the members... it sounded like many of the members liked her.... and we really do need more women in leadership roles with the teamsters union... especially in Washington....
She meant well.
NEver met her but I think you’re right...
Do you two know what happened in her local, that lead to it being contracted?

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
That’s just nasty bubble...and why did you tag me as creative when I mentioned that More women should be involved????
Bug's comment of "Communist Kalifornia" reminds me of something Trump would say, and yes, that is nasty.

Your post was deemed "creative" due to the entire post.
Stating women should be more involved isn't all you wrote.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Bug's comment of "Communist Kalifornia" reminds me of something Trump would say, and yes, that is nasty.

Your post was deemed "creative" due to the entire post.
Stating women should be more involved isn't all you wrote.
I think the west coast in general gets a bad rap for being too liberal but that’s for a different discussion... now for Pope....what exactly is your take on her??? I do not know her nor have we never met, but from different posts on here and reading some things on the internet it seems like her local respected her... I’ve seen some videos of her and she seems pretty Charismatic and sounded like she knew what she was talking about.... that’s more than what I can say for some other labor leaders.... O’Brien is also another person who talks with meaning and at least on the surface sounds intelligent...your thoughts??

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I think the west coast in general gets a bad rap for being too liberal but that’s for a different discussion...
Too liberal, or the most union-friendly state in the "union"????.....but yea definitely a tangent.
I do not know her nor have we never met, but from different posts on here and reading some things on the internet it seems like her local respected her...
She was the principal officer in a relatively small NYC local, who like many others were tasked to lead their local through the Great Recession of the late 2000's.

Like so many other locals, her local also endured financial losses over that period, but Local 805 was far from insolvent when it was absorbed by Local 810.

It is my understanding that this "merger" occurred as a result of losing their single biggest employer, not insolvency.
From what I understand, if it weren't for that, she had things trending in a positive direction.

If you can sort through the trash, this thread has some valuable information, especially from @Inthegame :

TDU Leader bankrupts Local

@BigUnionGuy lets his hated of TDU cloud his perception of the facts, over and over and over....

I'm not and have never been a member of TDU, nor do I plan to be.
While I have no love or angst for the organization, I do understand how TDU persists.
If the IBT ever manages to keep it's act together for any extended period of time, I believe it will evaporate.
I’ve seen some videos of her and she seems pretty Charismatic and sounded like she knew what she was talking about.... that’s more than what I can say for some other labor leaders....
I met her a couple of times and had only one candid conversation with her.
I told her that running as an independent candidate for GP in the General Election was a mistake and a waste of time.
I think her heart was in the right place, while her allegiances made it even harder for her to make a dent in the "man's world" of Teamsters politics.
O’Brien is also another person who talks with meaning and at least on the surface sounds intelligent...your thoughts??
He has my complete attention going forward.

Last edited:
F

Frankie's Friend

Saw her at a summit in DC the IBT called in response to Taft Hartley plans not eligible for subsidies under the ACA. She turned lots of heads mostly from old guard leaders. Well preserved for being in her fifties.
Screenshot_20180114-211947.jpg

You got that right itg and I doubt that she kissed any company's rear end.

35years

Gravy route
12/4 doesn't address the actual start time. Good place to put the language though.
-Bug-
Now I am confused.
I have been around a long time.
Was there language in the past that prevented UPS from changing your start time more than 1 hour unless mutually agreed upon by the employee and employer?
Was that language removed in a later contract? Or is it just in a different part of the Master or Central than 12/4?

I certainly have exorcised this "right" over the years. UPS has never claimed I do not have this right, and my BA also backs me on this.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Now I am confused.
Was there language in the past that prevented UPS from changing your start time more than 1 hour unless mutually agreed upon by the employee and employer?
Was that language removed in a later contract? Or is it just in a different part of the Master or Central than 12/4?

I certainly have exorcised this "right" over the years. UPS has never claimed I do not have this right, and my BA also backs me on this.
It will be in your supplement or rider. In the western it is in the supplement, Article 21.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Now I am confused.

You may he thinking of Article 3 Section 9 of the Central involving changing a route by 50% or more or changing a start time by an hour or more, allowing a bump.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Communist Kaliforina.

That explains everything.

It’s nice to have a pension that is actually funded.

My benefits are better than yours.

I don’t have to take half the sh_t I read about on here, not even close.

But hey, what do I know. We’re just a bunch of commie fruit loops out here.