2018 Contract leaks

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Where is it that you feel ambiguous language benefits us as much as the Company, and why do you think UPS has such an advantage in making it work for them?
Sick days for example. Company tries to discipline for excessive days off. It states on what we are given. It doesn’t say limited to. UPS tries and sometimes gets away with disciplinary action, most times not.
As soon as we ratify our contracts UPS is doing the work on how to exploit the language while we only seem to fight to preserve the language. Just my opinion.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Where is it that you feel ambiguous language benefits us as much as the Company, and why do you think UPS has such an advantage in making it work for them?

Hell our center is lucky if we see our BA twice a yr. Ups makes up the rules at will. The union just let's it happen. I'm totally disgusted by what it has become. Lunch and break is an option here. 3\4 of my building don't take it. But, for some reason. They whine about how much they have to do? I really can't believe the stupidity of the other drivers. Ups is definitely looking for a nervous amped workforce now. Who drink 3 monster energy drinks before work. Plus a pack of cigarettes

F

Frankie's Friend

Because the employee can often sit out of service for weeks on end without pay or benefits while the company stretches the language just to make an example out of the hourly.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Put another way, there is not a reason in hell I nor anyone else should be delivering cardboard at 10:30 at night.

Outside of peak season, I agree. Why don't people utilize the 9.5 list ?

I've heard countless times that this will never be a 9-5 job. Fine, I agree. How about 8-6? Think outside the box a little.

Rest assured, the company does.

Think of it this way.... do you think the company is going to pay drivers to

sit in rush hour traffic, twice a day ?

I'm sorry but this....

"I want to get home and have dinner with my family

Equates to.... "I a willing to be a company punk, paying $400+ a week for insurance."

...Is one of the most asinine things I have ever read on here. Just because we want a life outside of work does not equate to that line of BS.

That was a little harsh. I shouldn't always type what I think.

As "partners" in the business, how can we accept it as "their prerogative to run it into the ground"?

The rest of this post is noted. But, why are people under the illusion that

employees (or the Union) are some sort of "partners". It's blatantly obvious,

demonstrated by the companies distain for all employees.

It's never been a level playing field, and never will be.

To think otherwise.... is naive.

-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Well here it takes six weeks to get your job after they fire your ass and they will. Be thankful you have a strong local that really backs there members!!

Because the employee can often sit out of service for weeks on end without pay or benefits while the company stretches the language just to make an example out of the hourly.

That sounds like personal experience.

Care to explain ?

But it already is a contractual issue. Article 12 section 4 of the Central Supplement.

12/4 doesn't address the actual start time. Good place to put the language though.

But, what does the company get in exchange ?

-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Sick days for example. Company tries to discipline for excessive days off. It states on what we are given. It doesn’t say limited to. UPS tries and sometimes gets away with disciplinary action, most times not.

It's hard for UPS people, comprehend life outside their own job.

My Local has "white paper" contracts that spell out attendance policies.

4 infractions = warning letter
5 infractions = suspension
6 infractions = termination.... period.... end of story.

As soon as we ratify our contracts UPS is doing the work on how to exploit the language while we only seem to fight to preserve the language. Just my opinion.

I've said that exact thing for years.

-Bug-

F

Frankie's Friend

Not my personal experience.

F

Frankie's Friend

It's hard for UPS people, comprehend life outside their own job.

-Bug-
What a shortsighted and biased comment you've made about 250,000 Teamsters who have not only fought hard for what we've won through the years but we even struck the company in unison. White paper contract are ok for us? Whatever you say.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Not my personal experience.

Then you have no right to comment or "generalize" your assessment.

I'm willing to bet, you are disgruntled by personal experience.

What a shortsighted and biased comment you've made about 250,000 Teamsters who have not only fought hard for what we've won through the years but we even struck the company in unison.

According to "others"....

Every contract since the late Ron Carey, has been a concessionary contract.

But yet, the majority of voting members have approved them.

For 20 years.

Help me understand your thoughts.

-Bug-

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny

But yet, the majority of voting members have approved them.

For 20 years.

-Bug-

The majority doesn't vote you mean. Less than 25% is pathetic.

F

Frankie's Friend

-Bug-
You would lose the bet. You can observe it up close without stepping in it don't you know :raspberry-tounge:

-Bug-
I'm not an "other" and concessionary (my computer says this isn't a word!@?) is only established by a defining standard. What is that standard in negotiating give and take? You can base the standard on past perimeters and other variables that are constantly devaluing and also past gains percentages but few of those are constant year to year. Am i wrong?

No one that hasn't been in negotiations can truly judge the quality of the outcome without knowing the whole situation.
But people must be angry for some reason(s) considering the last general election outcome. Sometimes you gotta amputate to save the life. Maybe that is what happen in the last coll. bargaining agreement i don't know and probably never will.

I know that i make $100,000/yr and get free healthcare because i am over 21 yrs old and passed high school.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I know that i make $100,000/yr and get free healthcare because i am over 21 yrs old and passed high school.
That's not why and I do acknowledge your sarcasm, so the following dissertation is not for you.

It's just that so many believe that, and it's just not how it plays out.
There are a multitude of other intangibles that define whether a driver is successful in negotiating a full career as a UPS driver.
Those who pass muster, earn every penny and are a dying breed, which is qualified by the shrinking pool of applicants.

All of that being said, drivers aren't the majority, and the remaining employees are the ones the dialogue should center around in the upcoming negotiations.

Let's all try to concentrate on NOT regurgitating future Company talking points.

F

Frankie's Friend

That's not why and I do acknowledge your sarcasm, so the following dissertation is not for you.

It's just that so many believe that, and it's just not how it plays out.
There are a multitude of other intangibles that define whether a driver is successful in negotiating a full career as a UPS driver.
Those who pass muster, earn every penny and are a dying breed, which is qualified by the shrinking pool of applicants.

All of that being said, drivers aren't the majority, and the remaining employees are the ones the dialogue should center around in the upcoming negotiations.

Let's all try to concentrate on NOT regurgitating future Company talking points.
That is a winner. Totally agree. We live it today.
The part time vote can rule the cba outcome any time. We shall see if they care enough to do it. It's like having a grilled steak in front of them and they're too lazy to cut and eat it.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
That is a winner. Totally agree. We live it today.
The part time vote can rule the cba outcome any time. We shall see if they care enough to do it. It's like having a grilled steak in front of them and they're too lazy to cut and eat it.
Both sides seem to be banking they won't?

When will there be another charismatic leader that is successful in galvanizing both full and part time employee at UPS?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It’s not an opinion wide... it’s a straight up fact....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Both sides seem to be banking they won't?

When will there be another charismatic leader that is successful in galvanizing both full and part time employee at UPS?
I’m sure ups would not want Sean O’Brien in the GP role.....that fact in of itself makes ME think that he is the man for the job...