2018 Contract leaks

Well just like I was told by a good source last year. UPS is going to do anything g it can to change a lot of language in the upcoming contract . The main one is going to be Sunday work. Yes we will be working on Sundays I can almost guarantee that . I’m sure not all of us but a handful of routes will be Sun thru Thurs . Now I hope our negotiators will be smart about and not change that we are entitled to double pay for any work performed on sundays .I am not for this in any way but I know UPS will get their way by threatening that competition is doing this and if we don’t there will be layoffs (which is bull:censored2:). Just what they said about Saturdays.

Working on Saturdays has only caused more layoffs and less work available for senior employees who need the work.

Well just like I was told by a good source last year. UPS is going to do anything g it can to change a lot of language in the upcoming contract . The main one is going to be Sunday work. Yes we will be working on Sundays I can almost guarantee that . I’m sure not all of us but a handful of routes will be Sun thru Thurs . Now I hope our negotiators will be smart about and not change that we are entitled to double pay for any work performed on sundays .I am not for this in any way but I know UPS will get their way by threatening that competition is doing this and if we don’t there will be layoffs (which is bull:censored2:). Just what they said about Saturdays.

Our center started working Saturdays and it only caused layoffs. And less work time available for senior employees who need the work.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
No, for me that part would hurt...though I would imagine a 4/10 schedule would easily turn into 4/12. Its still UPS.

EDIT: if you mean that the company would not pay OT until after 10 hours, then yeah, friend that.
Anyone that would agree to 4 10’s without overtime after eight is an FN Puss!

They already do 4-10's in feeders with O/T after 10 each day.
I doubt UPS will force this on a driver.
If I had a chance to get 3 days off each week, I would personally jump on it.

Over disciplined0123

Gotta admit, 4 d
Our center started working Saturdays and it only caused layoffs. And less work time available for senior employees who need the work.
lay offs on I am assuming Monday. Because they use mondays work to fill the lack of work for Saturday. And our teamsters thought this wouldn’t cause a problem . Well now they cut 50 percent of the routes on Monday’s something g needs to be done about this. Mabey a national group grievance for anyone’s route cut Monday due to Saturday ground delivery. Let’s all get paid for the lost day of pay ... because I am not going to run a route cold I don’t know all because they cut my route Monday 30 yr driver not a cover guy

mike1646

For me the 4, 10s suck. Your work your butt off and make less money. Unless they call you to work on your day off there’s no money to be made.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That’s the tactics they used to get Saturday as a workday. They said amazon and 3 other big shippers will shift work to competition. I was like that’s bull:censored2: because the competition can’t even handle amazons volume as it is that’s why amazons uses multiple carriers Ups just thinks we are all dumb truck drivers I think
Well you obviously don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Lots of large shippers already start diverting their volume after Wednesday. We started Saturday delivery to try and get some of that volume back.

Saturday delivery is a good business move. Sunday I'm not too sure.

Oh and no tactics were needed to start Saturday delivery. Almost every region already had Saturday delivery language in their contract. Been in the central 20+ years I think.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Well you obviously don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Lots of large shippers already start diverting their volume after Wednesday. We started Saturday delivery to try and get some of that volume back.

Saturday delivery is a good business move. Sunday I'm not too sure.

Oh and no tactics were needed to start Saturday delivery. Almost every region already had Saturday delivery language in their contract. Been in the central 20+ years I think.
Then why haven’t the large shippers started diverting work back? I’m pretty sure this was just a line, and we all fell for it. Saturday ground for over a year, if anything, we lost jobs.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Then why haven’t the large shippers started diverting work back? I’m pretty sure this was just a line, and we all fell for it. Saturday ground for over a year, if anything, we lost jobs.
@FrigidFTSup was the one that said it and I trust that he normally knows what's going on.

Either way it's obvious it kind of had to be done. All of our competitors work that day.

I personally think it had more to do with giving us an extra day to pump volume thru and aging system.