2018 contract. Steward said 2 yrs?

Sacred

Newer to ups. My 1 year is coming up as a full time driver. My steward came to me and said There doing a 2 year progression and I'll be grandfathered in. I of course was excited to be top rate out of left field having no idea what he was talking about. So I told my wife, and we start looking into it. The contract hasn't gone through yet... not till july, so how would my steward know this is a definite thing? I have major doubts this is going to happen. And don't understand what my raise for this year would be either. I Should be getting bumped to 19.50 in the next month, but if its a new grandfathered contract?? Also again, why would my steward say this as it's a for sure thing if contracts won't be posted till july.

Can anyone chime in because I'm not understanding.

I appreciate it.
Michigan ups

km3

Newer to ups. My 1 year is coming up as a full time driver. My steward came to me and said There doing a 2 year progression and I'll be grandfathered in. I of course was excited to be top rate out of left field having no idea what he was talking about. So I told my wife, and we start looking into it. The contract hasn't gone through yet... not till july, so how would my steward know this is a definite thing? I have major doubts this is going to happen. And don't understand what my raise for this year would be either. I Should be getting bumped to 19.50 in the next month, but if its a new grandfathered contract?? Also again, why would my steward say this as it's a for sure thing if contracts won't be posted till july.

I appreciate it.
Michigan ups

Your steward doesn't know what he's talking about. Negotiations on the national haven't started yet.

Plan on going through the 4 year progression.

Cementups

Box Monkey
There isn't a hockey pucks chance in hell that they would go back to a 2 year progression. I know I'm in the minority, but I think it should stay at 4 years like it is. But there are talks of it going to 3.5 or maybe even 3. And you will not be grandfathered into any situation other than the one in place when you first started progression.

Box Ox

There isn't a hockey pucks chance in hell that they would go back to a 2 year progression. I know I'm in the minority, but I think it should stay at 4 years like it is. But there are talks of it going to 3.5 or maybe even 3. And you will not be grandfathered into any situation other than the one in place when you first started progression.

Probably a shorter progression but a lower top rate when you get there for new FTers after 7/31/18. Maybe a few healthcare concessions thrown in.

Nothing good is gonna come for little or free for the Union after that weak :censored2: the Company was able to pull over peak.

PhatPattheRiverRat

Probably a shorter progression but a lower top rate when you get there for new FTers after 7/31/18. Maybe a few healthcare concessions thrown in.

Nothing good is gonna come for little or free for the Union after that weak :censored2: the Company was able to pull over peak.

How much you think they would cut top rate by?

I appreciate it.
Michigan ups
Your progression goes by what contract you started driving under.

Sorry. 4 years for you.

Might be the first time in history that a progression got shorter. The grievances from anyone who did 4 years would wrap around the earth.
Just like this contract. New drivers made more than someone who just started driving before this contract and the guys were upset.

They couldn't understand that they was going to get top rate in 3 years and not 4.

Nobody is ever happy.

km3

Might be the first time in history that a progression got shorter. The grievances from anyone who did 4 years would wrap around the earth.

As amusing as that sounds, it would be pointless. They were paid appropriately for the contract that existed at the time. Can't imagine any grievances being successful on that one...

Box Ox

If they cut top rate by 10+ dollars after making over a billion dollars and corporate tax cuts that would be a complete failure by the union.

For sure. But we would have said the same thing about the establishment of PVDs and 70 hour work weeks in 2016 had we thought they were even a possibility. Union isn’t what it used to be.

PhatPattheRiverRat

For sure. But we would have said the same thing about the establishment of PVDs and 70 hour work weeks in 2016 had we thought they were even a possibility. Union isn’t what it used to be.
70 hour week was a DOT thing wasn't it? Could the union have fought that? Sorry I'm not at my 30 days yet, just know what I read on here.

Sacred

I'm not air. Top rate for me will be $36. I'm interested to see how this goes. I had a feeling my steward didn't know after we started reading up. I guess "roomer" is if they do a 2 year progression the drivers get compensated for there $1 a year raise after prgression for the time they missed being in the 3 or 4 year progression. My big concern is letting us wear shorts & short sleeves with tattoos. I gotta be fully covered in 97* weather. It's terrible. I can manage 4 years progression but the rules on that should really be reconsidered.

Box Ox

My big concern is letting us wear shorts & short sleeves with tattoos. I gotta be fully covered in 97* weather

I’m gonna put big temporary tattoos of barbed wire and Biggie and Tupac all over my arms and legs if they become shorts/short sleeve permitted. Because I deserve it.