2018 YES vote : Why does the IBT BACK THIS ?

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by rpoz11, Sep 29, 2018.

1. rpoz11

rpoz11 Member

Tell us all why you think the current IBT is backing a YES vote

What is the REAL reason behind this

2. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Because they negotiated it?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. JustDeliverIt

JustDeliverIt Active Member

Exactly. They negotiated a large portion to go into the pension. I think that is the biggest reason they are pushing so hard, keep a lot of the funds afloat a little longer.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Because they've been paid very well to back it?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

Because they got most pensions and H&W Funds shored up for the time being, got raises for RPCD's, got PT'ers a raise, got better language for certain areas and also know that UPS is their golden goose and they do not want to poke the bear.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  6. Froome

Froome Active Member

Because we got everything UPS asked for!!

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Observer

Observer Active Member

Just think we'll know whether some voted yes and most voted no. Pray for no and hope this "electronic" voting isn't rigged. Think back to "dangling chads" - the minuted they stated "handshake deal" was the giveaway. They have been brokering secret deals for years and now everyone knows this. WHO do you think the next IBT President will be? It will be interesting - remember back when you went to work and were paid correctly and there wasn't all of this undo stress. Too bad those days are long gone. I'm surprised there isn't more workplace violence on the news.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

Actually no, I do believe that the Union proposed the 22.4 language.

UPS couldn't believe it and are trying their best to prove @UpstateNYUPSer right with a two tier wage system.

9. Froome

Froome Active Member

Sorry, I was being funny. The IBT did propose the 22.4. Why they did that I will never know. Tgey could have proposed UPS hire more drivers or leave all the routes in to reduce the overtime.

10. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

I know you were being funny, so was I.

UPS didn't know that the Union was going to propose what UPS has always wanted, but was afraid to ask.

11. Froome

Froome Active Member

Scary thought that we are being represented by those who think like ups not like the members. That explains why they are pushing the yes vote.

12. rpoz11

rpoz11 Member

And ....
    Who might be that region IBT negotiator ( without using that persons complete real name )
    who submitted this 22.4 to the offer?

13. LagunaBrown

LagunaBrown Well-Known Member

Most places already have a two tier driver and if they dont then they use casuals (guys off the street) to cover peak or vacations.

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut Proud Deplorable

So double down and make even more people second class drivers. Great logic smart guy. Smh.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. LagunaBrown

Our guys make $27 dollars an hour in full time progression while yours makes $18.. you don’t even know how it works. SMH

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  16. badpal

badpal Active Member

You nailed it, i bet there is already in the works for UPS to take over some more troubled ones if needed.

17. DriveInDriveOut

Wrong

18. LagunaBrown

Just because you put and an emoji charm and say wrong doesn’t make it real. Ask any cover driver in the West what they make in full time progression blockhead. I am sure one can tell you.

19. DriveInDriveOut

Our cover drivers make over $30, so ya, you're wrong to say ours make $18. Sorry you guys make 3 bucks less.

It's besides the point anyways. 25% of the drivers making 6 dollars less is not the same as using cover drivers.

It's a concession.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. badpal

badpal Active Member

I really didnt read the contract i voted yes on , but the rumors are the hybrids are up to full pay in 4 years anyway? Same system as now like iguanabrown said.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List