2018 YES vote : Why does the IBT BACK THIS ?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Because they got most pensions and H&W Funds shored up for the time being, got raises for RPCD's, got PT'ers a raise, got better language for certain areas and also know that UPS is their golden goose and they do not want to poke the bear.

Observer

Just think we'll know whether some voted yes and most voted no. Pray for no and hope this "electronic" voting isn't rigged. Think back to "dangling chads" - the minuted they stated "handshake deal" was the giveaway. They have been brokering secret deals for years and now everyone knows this. WHO do you think the next IBT President will be? It will be interesting - remember back when you went to work and were paid correctly and there wasn't all of this undo stress. Too bad those days are long gone. I'm surprised there isn't more workplace violence on the news.

Froome

Sorry, I was being funny. The IBT did propose the 22.4. Why they did that I will never know. Tgey could have proposed UPS hire more drivers or leave all the routes in to reduce the overtime.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Sorry, I was being funny. The IBT did propose the 22.4. Why they did that I will never know. Tgey could have proposed UPS hire more drivers or leave all the routes in to reduce the overtime.

I know you were being funny, so was I.

UPS didn't know that the Union was going to propose what UPS has always wanted, but was afraid to ask.

Froome

Scary thought that we are being represented by those who think like ups not like the members. That explains why they are pushing the yes vote.

rpoz11

And ....
Who might be that region IBT negotiator ( without using that persons complete real name )
who submitted this 22.4 to the offer?

badpal

Exactly. They negotiated a large portion to go into the pension. I think that is the biggest reason they are pushing so hard, keep a lot of the funds afloat a little longer.
You nailed it, i bet there is already in the works for UPS to take over some more troubled ones if needed.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Just because you put and an emoji charm and say wrong doesn’t make it real. Ask any cover driver in the West what they make in full time progression blockhead
Our cover drivers make over $30, so ya, you're wrong to say ours make $18. Sorry you guys make 3 bucks less.

It's besides the point anyways. 25% of the drivers making 6 dollars less is not the same as using cover drivers.

It's a concession.