2018 YES vote : Why does the IBT BACK THIS ?

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
B79SJISCQAA80RA.jpg

Froome

If you are allowed 25% 22.4s and do not hire 25% there will not be anyone moving to rpcd until the 25% is met. Thus no new full time drivers for a long time. People will have to quit or retire to get the % up. Once they finnally get the 25% then and only then will 22.4s have a chance to go full time rpcd.Read between the lines and really see what is there.

LagunaBrown

If you are allowed 25% 22.4s and do not hire 25% there will not be anyone moving to rpcd until the 25% is met. Thus no new full time drivers for a long time. People will have to quit or retire to get the % up. Once they finnally get the 25% then and only then will 22.4s have a chance to go full time rpcd.Read between the lines and really see what is there.
Did you not read what I said about routes being in? If they put 25% more 22.4’s that’s 25% more cars on road and they would be forced to hire more full time drivers. Any route in 3 out of 5 days for 30 days it considered a Route and can only be bid to RPCD’s. Get it?

LagunaBrown

2 tier? Our part timers that transfer into full time feeder cover aren’t 2 tier. They go through progression like every single driver and make $10 more an hour than west coast covers. All east coast covers go to top rate.
Ugh. They are both two tier they both earn progression credits and go to top rate when time. Look if your Local is telling you to vote no then cool but don’t act like it’s not a two tier system other wise you would just higher them as full time feeder drivers. Period. Your just putting lipstick on a pig.

LagunaBrown

Maybe 5% of our drivers are lower paid cover drivers.

You want 25% to be paid less.
In addition to the covers that aren't going away anyways, so it's besides the point.
You guys don’t even understand the dynamics of how they work. It is getting pointless to even explain it if you are not willing to try. If they hired 25% you would see more RPCD’s hired. They will only hire as many as needed for Saturday delivery. Stop the paranoia.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
They will only hire as many as needed for Saturday delivery. Stop the paranoia.
I agree they will only hire as many drivers as they need.

22.4 does not create jobs, it only changes jobs that would have been top rate to a lower paid class of drivers.

I could explain it to you all day you just repeat the same company line over and over Tony.

Froome

It doesn't say they have to hire 25%, it only says they are only allowed to hire up to 25%. Don't expect ups to hire any more than they need. If there are 100 rpcd, they may only need 10% to get the ot down and cover Sat,Sun. That would mean until ,theoreticly, they could lose 12 rpcd and hire 12 more 22.4, so 88 rpcd to 22 22.4s, before they even have to start to replace any rpcd.
Did you not read what I said about routes being in? If they put 25% more 22.4’s that’s 25% more cars on road and they would be forced to hire more full time drivers. Any route in 3 out of 5 days for 30 days it considered a Route and can only be bid to RPCD’s. Get it?

LagunaBrown

I agree they will only hire as many drivers as they need.

22.4 does not create jobs, it only changes jobs that would have been top rate to a lower paid class of drivers.

I could explain it to you all day you just repeat the same company line over and over Tony.
Just answer how long have you already had a driver that gets paid 85% of top rate?

LagunaBrown

It doesn't say they have to hire 25%, it only says they are only allowed to hire up to 25%. Don't expect ups to hire any more than they need. If there are 100 rpcd, they may only need 10% to get the ot down and cover Sat,Sun. That would mean until ,theoreticly, they could lose 12 rpcd and hire 12 more 22.4, so 88 rpcd to 22 22.4s, before they even have to start to replace any rpcd.
That is 10 new full time jobs created to deliver on Saturday and Sunday on top of your 100 drivers. If you keep it the same you would have no new jobs and RPCD delivering on the weekends. Do you already have a two tier driver like @DriveInDriveOut does?

LagunaBrown

We have never had 25% of our drivers as cover drivers. You are a disgrace. Just sit down, take your pension money which this is all about, and keep your mouth shut Tony.
Oh look How you dodge the question and get all mad. How long have you already had a two tier driver that gets 85% of top rate? I know you don’t want to say because it shows you are a sellout and never gave a :censored2: before this contract.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Oh look How you dodge the question and get all mad. How long have you already had a two tier driver that gets 85% of top rate? I know you don’t want to say because it shows you are a sellout and never gave a :censored2: before this contract.
You are implying two tier drivers is a bad thing. Glad we have finally come to an agreement that 22.4 is bad language. Good talk Tony.

Froome

That is 10 new full time jobs created to deliver on Saturday and Sunday on top of your 100 drivers. If you keep it the same you would have no new jobs and RPCD delivering on the weekends. Do you already have a two tier driver like @DriveInDriveOut does?
No, we don't have two tier drivers, all our drivers are rpcd. We have cover drivers but they are in progression to top rate not less. If this contract passes we will have a two tier system. Every new driver will be a 22.4 until we reach 25%. In our bldg there are about 180 rpcd. What means the next 45 new hires will be 22.4s. Wheres the rpcd job they are going to get?

LagunaBrown

No, we don't have two tier drivers, all our drivers are rpcd. We have cover drivers but they are in progression to top rate not less. If this contract passes we will have a two tier system. Every new driver will be a 22.4 until we reach 25%. In our bldg there are about 180 rpcd. What means the next 45 new hires will be 22.4s. Wheres the rpcd job they are going to get?
Some places I agree with a no vote you may be one of them. What is your Local telling you?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Still dodging the question.... In some cases they can be but in others it is an upgrade and works. Once again, it depends on your supplements and riders.
If you need a supplement to fix the bad language in the master, that is a great reason to vote no.

Thanks for your support of the vote no movement Tony!