2019 Peak

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
How prepared is UPS to adequately handle yet another unpredictable Peak, especially since it is taking over more of the Amazon volume since FedEx backed out?

D3205DD3-FFFF-464A-9BC8-B8CA980DF90A.jpeg

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
To answer the question, the Company will hire at (pick a number) 8% growth from last year. There real number will be closer to 30% just like the previous 10 years and therefore will be mystified when they can't find enough vehicles to stuff it in. They will also scramble around right after black friday to try and find more helpers because they screwed it up so badly. They are also under the gun because the shareholders didn't make as much as they wanted last year, so they will understaff this year to compensate. The ability of the company to force saturdays and sundays because of the new 60-70 hour language will cause more safety issues than normal. They are already telling buildings around us that there will be 7 day work for everyone. Fedex is not doing the other work which also gives us additional volume. My prediction is complete catastrophe this year.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
To answer the question, the Company will hire at (pick a number) 8% growth from last year. There real number will be closer to 30% just like the previous 10 years and therefore will be mystified when they can't find enough vehicles to stuff it in. They will also scramble around right after black friday to try and find more helpers because they screwed it up so badly. They are also under the gun because the shareholders didn't make as much as they wanted last year, so they will understaff this year to compensate. The ability of the company to force saturdays and sundays because of the new 60-70 hour language will cause more safety issues than normal. They are already telling buildings around us that there will be 7 day work for everyone. Fedex is not doing the other work which also gives us additional volume. My prediction is complete catastrophe this year.
So 12 hour PTs?

Poop Head

Judge me.
The ability of the company to force saturdays and sundays because of the new 60-70 hour language will cause more safety issues than normal. They are already telling buildings around us that there will be 7 day work for everyone.
No forced 6th or 7th punch here. That's gotta suck

Poop Head

Judge me.
Might want to check the new NATIONAL language that specifically says supersedes any supplemental language.
"
This Section is not intended
to give the Company the right to force seniority package car driv-
ers to work on a weekend unless permitted by the applicable Sup-
plement, Rider or Addendum
"

Supplement regarding 6th/7th punch, "
Employees may refuse this
work when called."