2021 October Step Increase

Aquaman

Well guys, it’s that time of year again. And I’m pleased to announce that this year we’ll be increasing the steps 1.5%. With snowmageddon 21 we just don’t have the money this year for a step. The Memphis hub basically shut down for a week in February. That really hurt us. Not to mention the added expense of moving all that freight trying to play catch up. On top of the snow/ice disaster, we lost our huge Trump tax cut. It’s been really hard with COVID too... We used your step raise last year to buy “heroes work here” signs for your stations. But the pandemic just hit us hard... with record volume I mean. But you know Express. It’s expensive to move all that additional freight. We’ve been making more money than ever before, but with that comes additional costs. Did I mention it costs money? Oh ya and the TNT purchase we made... Turns out that’s expected to turn a profit in the year 2085. So you see it’s just been hard. But I’m happy to be able to tell you guys that the steps will be increasing 1.5%... the step you’re already on. Here’s a keychain.

AB831

Well guys, it’s that time of year again. And I’m pleased to announce that this year we’ll be increasing the steps 1.5%. With snowmageddon 21 we just don’t have the money this year for a step. The Memphis hub basically shut down for a week in February. That really hurt us. Not to mention the added expense of moving all that freight trying to play catch up. On top of the snow/ice disaster, we lost our huge Trump tax cut. It’s been really hard with COVID too... We used your step raise last year to buy “heroes work here” signs for your stations. But the pandemic just hit us hard... with record volume I mean. But you know Express. It’s expensive to move all that additional freight. We’ve been making more money than ever before, but with that comes additional costs. Did I mention it costs money? Oh ya and the TNT purchase we made... Turns out that’s expected to turn a profit in the year 2085. So you see it’s just been hard. But I’m happy to be able to tell you guys that the steps will be increasing 1.5%... the step you’re already on. Here’s a keychain.
Hey, bud. That bonus is going to tide everyone over for at least the next 2 years. Fat Freddy doesn’t spring a nickel on his employees unless he’s buying leverage to use against you later.

bacha29

Hey, bud. That bonus is going to tide everyone over for at least the next 2 years. Fat Freddy doesn’t spring a nickel on his employees unless he’s buying leverage to use against you later.
Sounds like Fat Freddy needs a new name..... "King Poormouth".

Aquaman

Ain’t that the truth. I’ll be complaining about pay on this site for the next 20 years lol.

FedexCares

I don’t understand why they implemented the whole step increase program if they never planned to stick to it. I feel like all it has done is create even more disgruntled employees. I remember back when they implemented our senior manager made sure to choose his words carefully by calling it a 10 step program and made no mention of a 10 year program.

A couple couriers called him out asking if this was a 10 year plan and he said it was simply a 10 step plan. All the senior couriers at my station knew right then Fedex would never stick to the plan, but at least some people did get a huge initial pay raise when they implemented the system so it wasn’t all bad.

AB831

I don’t understand why they implemented the whole step increase program if they never planned to stick to it. I feel like all it has done is create even more disgruntled employees. I remember back when they implemented our senior manager made sure to choose his words carefully by calling it a 10 step program and made no mention of a 10 year program.

A couple couriers called him out asking if this was a 10 year plan and he said it was simply a 10 step plan. All the senior couriers at my station knew right then Fedex would never stick to the plan, but at least some people did get a huge initial pay raise when they implemented the system so it wasn’t all bad.
They implemented it for sake of argument and nothing else.

Aquaman

They implemented it for sake of argument and nothing else.
Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure the guy that put the step plan in place is gone now lol. Fact is they can’t afford it. And increasing the steps year after year only makes the gaps between larger, which continues to make the steps more expensive and unaffordable for the company. It’s a nightmare for the company I’m sure. And ya they only call it a 10 year plan when they’re speaking to a new hire. I’ve had multiple new drivers tell me the managers specifically told them 10 years. It’s a hiring tool for managers. That’s all.

MAKAVELI

Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure the guy that put the step plan in place is gone now lol. Fact is they can’t afford it. And increasing the steps year after year only makes the gaps between larger, which continues to make the steps more expensive and unaffordable for the company. It’s a nightmare for the company I’m sure. And ya they only call it a 10 year plan when they’re speaking to a new hire. I’ve had multiple new drivers tell me the managers specifically told them 10 years. It’s a hiring tool for managers. That’s all.
What makes you think they can't afford it?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Well that’s what we’re told year after year. Although last October I don’t remember hearing any excuses at all. We just got 2% with no explanation.
FedEx has been crying broke for a looong time. It’s all a ploy to get people to believe we need to tighten our belts to save the company. In reality, they just want to increase the quarterly dividends to the shareholders and make sure the corporate jets and perks keep coming. The day I see our executives flying with the little people, is the day I believe we’re in trouble. Until then, ignore the BS they’re feeding you.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
C80D604A-FA92-49B7-AF68-D0D7A9F0647D.jpeg

Here is our October step increase. It’s literally going to the dogs. Lol.