22.3 Midnight/Preload 6th day/holiday question (Central)

cheetoloaf

So, as the title says, I'm midnight/preload. Midnight does not have forced 6 days, but preload does. This means they're asking that I show up close to 5 hours later than my normal start time and not expecting me to work 8 hours. My steward said in passing that they can't do anything if I don't show up to these, but I'm curious if anyone else has any experience with this combo. Same with holidays. They're expecting me to show up for Midnight the day before Thanksgiving and then just leave with 4 hours. And then expecting me to show up to preload for a half day after thanksgiving, so my holiday begins and ends with half days? Seems wrong to me.

So, as the title says, I'm midnight/preload. Midnight does not have forced 6 days, but preload does. This means they're asking that I show up close to 5 hours later than my normal start time and not expecting me to work 8 hours. My steward said in passing that they can't do anything if I don't show up to these, but I'm curious if anyone else has any experience with this combo. Same with holidays. They're expecting me to show up for Midnight the day before Thanksgiving and then just leave with 4 hours. And then expecting me to show up to preload for a half day after thanksgiving, so my holiday begins and ends with half days? Seems wrong to me.
You are full-time I don't know how they can expect you to work anything less than 8 hours