Safebychoice

So today at PCM our Center Manager said he had a surprise for us. About 30 seconds later about 15 guys dressed in browns walked into where we were standing at PCM and our center manager said these new guys are the new 22.4 drivers and they will be treated with the utmost respect and if anything other than that was reported to him actions would be taken. He then rattled off a list of names (all senior drivers on the 9.5 list) and had these guys ride with the drivers to start to learn the area. He then said another slew of these 22.4 drivers would be coming in next week. He said once we get into 2019 almost all drivers can expect a 22.4 driver to meet them around 4:30 and they’ll be taking over the remaining work for that day keeping almost all RPCD’s at 8 hours a day. Apparently the only OT we’ll be seeing will be in peak season. Sad days ahead indeed.

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
tenor (39).gif

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
So today at PCM our Cebter Manager said he had a surprise for us. About 30 seconds later about 15 guys dressed in browns walked into where we were standing at PCM and our center manager said these new guys are the new 22.4 drivers and they will be treated with the upmost respect and if anything other than that was reported to him actions would be taken. He then rattled off a list of names (all senior drivers on the 9.5 list) and had these guys ride with the drivers to start to learn the area. He then said another slew of these 22.4 drivers would be coming in next week. He said once we get into 2019 almost all drivers can expect a 22.4 driver to meet them around 4:30 and they’ll be taking over the remaining work for that day keeping almost all RPCD’s at 8 hours a day. Apparently the only OT we’ll be seeing will be in peak season. Sad days ahead indeed.
C2829FBB-B69B-4701-8836-0284C6EB1BBA.gif

So today at PCM our Center Manager said he had a surprise for us. About 30 seconds later about 15 guys dressed in browns walked into where we were standing at PCM and our center manager said these new guys are the new 22.4 drivers and they will be treated with the utmost respect and if anything other than that was reported to him actions would be taken. He then rattled off a list of names (all senior drivers on the 9.5 list) and had these guys ride with the drivers to start to learn the area. He then said another slew of these 22.4 drivers would be coming in next week. He said once we get into 2019 almost all drivers can expect a 22.4 driver to meet them around 4:30 and they’ll be taking over the remaining work for that day keeping almost all RPCD’s at 8 hours a day. Apparently the only OT we’ll be seeing will be in peak season. Sad days ahead indeed.
So ill have to walk back to the center? That will take a couple hours.

Safebychoice

man where you at that makes no sense we still contract extension

It’s crazy. A few drivers brought it up that it wasn’t even ratified yet and he said “I can’t deny that, but we’ve gotten permission from the local to go ahead and proceed in with this. There’s just a few minor adjustments to me made, but 22.4 drivers were a sticking point of this contract on the company’s side AND the unions side. I know there are some upset union employees but this decision came from way above me head”

JJ85

It’s crazy. A few drivers brought it up that it wasn’t even ratified yet and he said “I can’t deny that, but we’ve gotten permission from the local to go ahead and proceed in with this. There’s just a few minor adjustments to me made, but 22.4 drivers were a sticking point of this contract on the company’s side AND the unions side. I know there are some upset union employees but this decision came from way above me head”

what local your in

oldupsman

If I would have had that I would have stuck around another 5 years. The reason I retired early because of
too much stinkin overtime. Keep us informed. Because I'll believe that when I see it done everyday, day in and day out.

vote yes!!!!

Fake News, the contract hasn’t been settled yet plus 22.4 are bidders jobs. No way this happened.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
[QUOTE="Safebychoice, post: 3769206, member: 73405"
images-28.jpg
]So today at PCM our Center Manager said he had a surprise for us. About 30 seconds later about 15 guys dressed in browns walked into where we were standing at PCM and our center manager said these new guys are the new 22.4 drivers and they will be treated with the utmost respect and if anything other than that was reported to him actions would be taken. He then rattled off a list of names (all senior drivers on the 9.5 list) and had these guys ride with the drivers to start to learn the area. He then said another slew of these 22.4 drivers would be coming in next week. He said once we get into 2019 almost all drivers can expect a 22.4 driver to meet them around 4:30 and they’ll be taking over the remaining work for that day keeping almost all RPCD’s at 8 hours a day. Apparently the only OT we’ll be seeing will be in peak season. Sad days ahead indeed.[/QUOTE]