22.4 eliminates 6000 RPCD jobs.

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
Am I reading it wrong or only M-friend jobs included in the protected number of jobs?

The 6000 T-S jobs that were created due to Saturday delivery are transitioned to M-friend but not protected.

The number of RPCDs working a Monday through Friday
schedule in each building, shall be verified and agreed to by
each Local Union and the Company Labor Representative, as of
August 1, 2018 and shall be protected jobs. “Protected jobs” shall
include RPCDs that will continue to be replaced by employees
covered under Article 41, Section 2.

Boxchucker

I love dirty boxes
0CFF0C21-0A15-4990-AE85-E0EF8AA98DCE.jpeg

Tony Q

There are 65,000 Red-Circled package car driver jobs that can't be eliminated, and we have never had an actual number attached to package car jobs that are protected. So how is this a bad thing? Help me understand this, please. If a center has 50 RCPD positions as of august first and whenever someone retires, quits, or moves to feeders or 22.3 that job has to be bid so the number in that particular center stays at 50. Help me understand your logic.

Dollar Chasing

There are 65,000 Red-Circled package car driver jobs that can't be eliminated, and we have never had an actual number attached to package car jobs that are protected. So how is this a bad thing? Help me understand this, please. If a center has 50 RCPD positions as of august first and whenever someone retires, quits, or moves to feeders or 22.3 that job has to be bid so the number in that particular center stays at 50. Help me understand your logic.
This place doesn’t have any logic right now. Everyone is grabbing any number they can find and coming up with imaginary equations out of it that somehow :censored2: them and everyone else straight to death via this contract. It’s hysteria, and it’s stupid. It’s like nobody wants the company to succeed.

saintrick

The center has 50 drivers but only 40 are m-friend and 10 are t-s. So 10 of the jobs are not protected.

Am I reading it wrong or only M-friend jobs included in the protected number of jobs?

The 6000 T-S jobs that were created due to Saturday delivery are transitioned to M-friend but not protected.

They didn't create Jack crap for the Saturday jobs. They just did more work with less people.

saintrick

Its more of a question. Are current drivers who are T-S included in the number of protected jobs? Language says M-friend.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

You make up more numbers than the Lottery! I have never, in my life, met someone who lies more than you do and that is saying something!

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
What about growth?

DOK

They didn't create Jack crap for the Saturday jobs. They just did more work with less people.

Yeah in our center they just moved a half dozen drivers that were m-friend to t-s and just cut their routes on Mondays. No new jobs in our center, same number of routes we always had.

Smashmouth

So lets use your numbers and say when your center does its count for RPCD jobs there are 50. So those 50 jobs are protected and when someone retires, quits, or falls over dead from excess overtime, those jobs have to be filled to maintain the 50 protected jobs. Now since there are 50 jobs in your center, there are allowed to be 12(13 if UPS rounds up) 22.4 drivers. But lets say UPS only needs six 22.4 drivers at the current time to handle the work in your center. When the centers volume grows over the coming years, do you think they will hire more RPCDs?? Nope!...they will add more drivers though 22.4 until they reach their 25%. So until the volume requires them to use more then 25% 22.4s, that 50 protected number will NEVER go up.

So lets use your numbers and say when your center does its count for RPCD jobs there are 50. So those 50 jobs are protected and when someone retires, quits, or falls over dead from excess overtime, those jobs have to be filled to maintain the 50 protected jobs. Now since there are 50 jobs in your center, there are allowed to be 12(13 if UPS rounds up) 22.4 drivers. But lets say UPS only needs six 22.4 drivers at the current time to handle the work in your center. When the centers volume grows over the coming years, do you think they will hire more RPCDs?? Nope!...they will add more drivers though 22.4 until they reach their 25%. So until the volume requires them to use more then 25% 22.4s, that 50 protected number will NEVER go up.
Duh...it's a race to the bottom

Grey

giphy-6.gif

CoffeeStainedUniform

Its more of a question. Are current drivers who are T-S included in the number of protected jobs? Language says M-friend.
(New) Section 4. (b). Full-Time Combination Drivers
All existing regular full-time package car drivers (RPCD) shall be considered RPCD drivers for the purpose of this Section.

I'm neither for nor against the proposed contract but it sounds to me like a full time package car driver working t-s is a protected position.