Taking RPCD's work; 22.4's forced to work Mondays for the duration of peak.

browned out

If I really have to tell you how projected excessive volume and extra routes is not extra work than it's not worth my time.

By all means file a grievance or better yet a NLRB charge. :)

Argued just like management, Actually argued more like a company controlled Union rep. Someone who introduced a lower paid classification which most of the voting drivers were against. Someone who supported a contract that received more no votes than yes votes.

Someone who created a position that can get up to 60 hours while an RPCD is only guaranteed up to 40 hours and has no say in that over time.

Someone who did not have the foresight to see that the company would shift this volume to the lower paid classification drivers at the expense of taking the over time from those who rightfully deserve it.

Yes, After talking to your management and your Union steward, file a grievance... that work is rightfully ours on Mondays.

542thruNthru

Someone who created a position that can get up to 60 hours while an RPCD is only guaranteed up to 40 hours and has no say in that over time.

Yes, After talking to your management and your Union steward, file a grievance... that work is rightfully ours on Mondays.
Wow! I didn't realize that RPCDs could not get up to 60 hours. I'm shocked... SHOCKED!!!

This is my shocked face----------:scared:

That work is rightfully yours that way you are working in Monday and doing a full route... The additional routes created from that volume is not extra work though.

But please by all means file a grievance and a NLRB charge when you are told you're wrong.

browned out

Wow! I didn't realize that RPCDs could not get up to 60 hours. I'm shocked... SHOCKED!!

Here is my not surprised face.:thumbdown. RPCDs can be limited to 40 hours while 22.4's get up to 60 hours. Why doesn't the RPCD have a right to 60 hours before a 22.4? You can not rationally explain that.

The # of RPCDs who are guaranteed 40 hours is drastically impacted by the intentional neglect of the negotiating team. Hoffa/Hall/Taylor should have changed the language to ensure all RPCDs were guaranteed 40 , instead they sold them out. Simple language should have been added: All RPCDs will be guaranteed 40 hours before a 22.4. Simple. But instead we are still stuck with:

There shall be a weekly guarantee in each center as follows: In each classification in each center, the most senior ninety percent (90%) of employees called or put to work on the first (1st) workday shall be afforded the opportunity of working forty (40) hours of straight time work during the week.

The Hoffa/Hall/Taylor team created and introduced the new 22.4 classification that tops out a $6 an hour less than an RPCD and never has 9.5 rights.
They crafted all that language yet somehow they could not craft language that would allow RPCDs to work Saturdays if they did not get their 40 hours in during the week? They could not craft language allowing RPCD's to be Tues to Sat if that was their preference. They could not craft language that would disallow the manipulation of OT to the lower wage 22.4s?

It would be at least somewhat less concerning if we could believe the Teamster negotiating team somehow forgot to add a 40 hour guarantee for all RPCDs; that they forgot to introduce language allowing OT to be offered to RPCDs first, etc. We wish we could explain their failure was due to the Teamster leaders being incompetent, ignorant or just plain being outsmarted by UPS.

Lets not fool ourselves; the National negotiating committee and the locals that recommended this steaming pile were not oblivious to the lack of language protecting RPCDs rights to hours.

All the locals who recommended this contract knew exactly what they were doing. They could have afforded RPCDs actual rights to hours and OT.

Instead; they sold us out. It's reprehensible and abhorrent. Can't say we were surprised.

If UPS works 22.4s or T-S drivers on Mondays and you are in the Central States; Grieve it. It is the M-friend drivers' work. Section 16—Extra Work Seniority shall prevail for extra work and the work shall be assigned by seniority, within the classification and work area.

the Company may create full-time 22.4 combination driving jobs. Such jobs may include inside work. In the event the Company utilizes this classification,

22.4s are not in a classification that works Mondays. Its our work up to 14 hours on Mondays. 22.4s do not have the right to extra work on Mondays. Grieve it.

Last edited:

browned out

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

You can stay in bed with UPS; while we do something.

The Hoffa/Hall/Taylor/ team is squeaky clean and have UPSers best interests in mind. They would never be guilty of something like this. HaHa. Just a matter of time until they are caught. Just like these rats.

Dennis Williams becomes 2nd ex-UAW president charged in corruption probe

lol

Sell outs

Last edited:

browned out

How does one file a fake NLRB charge?

Easy to change topics.

Awfully hard for you to admit the absolute incompetence of the crafting of the language regarding hours of work in regards to 22.4s and RPCDs.

You do understand one of the main pillars of unions is seniority rights to OT and preferred shifts? Sure you do. You just chose to ignore those.
We hu?
Yeah like file a fake NLRB charge.

It's not my fault you have no idea what and how extra work works.

542thruNthru

How does one file a fake NLRB charge?

Easy to change topics.

Awfully hard for you to admit the absolute incompetence of the crafting of the language regarding hours of work in regards to 22.4s and RPCDs.

You do understand one of the main pillars of unions is seniority rights to OT and preferred shifts? Sure you do. You just chose to ignore those.

The topic was extra work. You went off on the 22.4 language and Hoffa/Taylor rant. All I told you was it's not a extra work grievance.

File a grievance for 22.4s working Mondays. Sure I'll agree with you. File a grievance if 22.4s work Monday and the bottom 10% of seniority RPCDs don't get their guarantee. Sure I'll agree with you.

You're the one that went into a hissy fit when I told you extra work doesn't mean what you are trying to make it mean.

Yolo

Is there a center anywhere in the country that has laid off RPCDs? We have been working 60 hours a week all year. I wish they would hire more 22.4s. I'm losing precious video game time.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Here is my not surprised face.:thumbdown. RPCDs can be limited to 40 hours while 22.4's get up to 60 hours. Why doesn't the RPCD have a right to 60 hours before a 22.4? You can not rationally explain that.
It's early.... And I'm just a dumb jock....

But the 22.4 contract, be it the greatest ever or crap, was put in place for rpcd's who wanted bankers hours.

So when they wanted 8hr days the 22.4 would take their extra.

But they all don't want 8hr days and many do work all night. It's not extra.

The 22.4 (not to be confused with a 224 Mafia member) will be definitely working 8hrs AND taking the stops off someone else.

That too is not considered extra because the contract, be it the greatest ever or crap, says 22.4s are there to be railroaded into the ground until they quit because it's cheaper.

Yes that last part is in there. You just have to thoroughly read it.

The only way for 22.4s to stop it, specifically center depending, is to start putting their foot down. But your work ethic has to justify it and be able to outweigh your pushback or you will be shown the door.

Hope that kinda helps.