22.4 eliminates 6000 RPCD jobs.

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Pizza, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Pizza

Pizza BrownCafer of the Month

Am I reading it wrong or only M-F jobs included in the protected number of jobs?

The 6000 T-S jobs that were created due to Saturday delivery are transitioned to M-F but not protected.

The number of RPCDs working a Monday through Friday
    schedule in each building, shall be verified and agreed to by
    each Local Union and the Company Labor Representative, as of
    August 1, 2018 and shall be protected jobs. “Protected jobs” shall
    include RPCDs that will continue to be replaced by employees
    covered under Article 41, Section 2.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Boxchucker

Boxchucker I love dirty boxes

0CFF0C21-0A15-4990-AE85-E0EF8AA98DCE.jpeg

3. saintrick

saintrick Active Member

If we had 5000 22.4 but eliminate 6000 RPCD how have we helped the pensions?

4. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

5. Tony Q

Tony Q Well-Known Member

There are 65,000 Red-Circled package car driver jobs that can't be eliminated, and we have never had an actual number attached to package car jobs that are protected. So how is this a bad thing? Help me understand this, please. If a center has 50 RCPD positions as of august first and whenever someone retires, quits, or moves to feeders or 22.3 that job has to be bid so the number in that particular center stays at 50. Help me understand your logic.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. This place doesn’t have any logic right now. Everyone is grabbing any number they can find and coming up with imaginary equations out of it that somehow :censored2: them and everyone else straight to death via this contract. It’s hysteria, and it’s stupid. It’s like nobody wants the company to succeed.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. saintrick

saintrick Active Member

The center has 50 drivers but only 40 are m-f and 10 are t-s. So 10 of the jobs are not protected.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. They didn't create Jack crap for the Saturday jobs. They just did more work with less people.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  9. saintrick

saintrick Active Member

Its more of a question. Are current drivers who are T-S included in the number of protected jobs? Language says M-F.

10. Benben

Benben Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

You make up more numbers than the Lottery! I have never, in my life, met someone who lies more than you do and that is saying something!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  11. Benben

Benben Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

Asked my BA that directly and he refused to answer!

12. wide load

wide load Starting wage is a waste of time.

What about growth?

13. DOK

DOK Well-Known Member

Yeah in our center they just moved a half dozen drivers that were m-f to t-s and just cut their routes on Mondays. No new jobs in our center, same number of routes we always had.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. They cut more routes on Monday than they ran on Saturday. We probably lost jobs over it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  15. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

I really wish @Indecisi0n was a moderator.

He would Donkey Punch all these goofy posters and their contact "theories".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. Smashmouth

Smashmouth Active Member

So lets use your numbers and say when your center does its count for RPCD jobs there are 50. So those 50 jobs are protected and when someone retires, quits, or falls over dead from excess overtime, those jobs have to be filled to maintain the 50 protected jobs. Now since there are 50 jobs in your center, there are allowed to be 12(13 if UPS rounds up) 22.4 drivers. But lets say UPS only needs six 22.4 drivers at the current time to handle the work in your center. When the centers volume grows over the coming years, do you think they will hire more RPCDs?? Nope!...they will add more drivers though 22.4 until they reach their 25%. So until the volume requires them to use more then 25% 22.4s, that 50 protected number will NEVER go up.

17. Duh...it's a race to the bottom

18. Grey

Grey Active Member

[​IMG]

19. CoffeeStainedUniform

CoffeeStainedUniform Active Member

(New) Section 4. (b). Full-Time Combination Drivers
    All existing regular full-time package car drivers (RPCD) shall be considered RPCD drivers for the purpose of this Section.

I'm neither for nor against the proposed contract but it sounds to me like a full time package car driver working t-s is a protected position.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. They have 18 monts to transition those jobs