22.4 or RPC’s for T-S work?

22.4 or RPCD’s for Tuesday- Saturday work?

• 22.4’s

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • RPCD’s

Votes: 27 50.0%
  • I am in denial that Saturday work is here to stay.

Votes: 10 18.5%

• Total voters

Tony Q

Google the countless threads on Saturday ground here on Browncafe where no RPCD’s wanted to work Saturdays

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.browncafe.com/community/threads/saturday-ground-on-topic.374277/?amp=1

Now google the countless 22.4 Threads saying it should go back to being RPCD’s jobs.

You can’t have both so pick one.
All I can say is that you have led a valiant effort. You can't save the member from the member though. You have to let it run it's course. I can tell you are an agent, and you deep down inside understand what I am saying here. Nice effort

Stop spreading that BS about a cover driver being anything close to a 22.4.

Cover drivers will work as replacements for full time package drivers only for the purpose of covering vacations, holidays, jury duty, personal holidays, funeral leave, sick days and leaves of absence. The number of cover drivers will be determined by each center but may not exceed the number of persons off for reasons as described in this paragraph

The last thing I wanna do is back up Laguna, but the concept of cover drivers is entirely different from the execution. They are typically used year-round instead of just covering the afore mentioned conditions. Smaller centers use them to have an extra driver in the pool, larger centers use them to cover all of those conditions, which works out to all year in some cases. No one files on it because the PTer is making more money and would just be laid off if they file a grievance for a FT slot. It has essentially been a second tier of driver since its inception. Awful.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
The last thing I wanna do is back up Laguna, but the concept of cover drivers is entirely different from the execution. They are typically used year-round instead of just covering the afore mentioned conditions. Smaller centers use them to have an extra driver in the pool, larger centers use them to cover all of those conditions, which works out to all year in some cases. No one files on it because the PTer is making more money and would just be laid off if they file a grievance for a FT slot. It has essentially been a second tier of driver since its inception. Awful.
Then vote your supplement down til they fix it?

BrownRecycler

I am still trying to get at figuring out the volume differences in size and mass of Saturday delivery aka high probability home delivery vs week day only. Again, 22.4 is making me scratch my head.

However, 22.4 cannot exceed 25% of the driver workforce. So, who, what, and why Saturday is special?

DR7

We have zero cover drivers in our center. Management just denies optional days if there is no coverage. Then the driver calls in and management blames him for us being short handed and over dispatched.

We have zero cover drivers in our center. Management just denies optional days if there is no coverage. Then the driver calls in and management blames him for us being short handed and over dispatched.
All your drivers are on bided routes? That must suck to cover 5 vacations, 1 optional, 2 sicknesses.

saintrick

In the south 156 reports as a PT cover adds a full time job.
It also pays more then 22.4 top rate will.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day

DR7

All your drivers are on bided routes? That must suck to cover 5 vacations, 1 optional, 2 sicknesses.
No. We have two bid vacation cover drivers and a handful of unassigned swing drivers but they are all paid at rpcd wages. No two tiers wages here...yet.

I wonder how many of those positions will be “red circled”? Is it just bid routes or are all rpcds red circled on July 31?

No. We have two bid vacation cover drivers and a handful of unassigned swing drivers but they are all paid at rpcd wages. No two tiers wages here...yet.

I wonder how many of those positions will be “red circled”? Is it just bid routes or are all rpcds red circled on July 31?
Those swing drivers are cover drivers.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
RPCD no longer works saturdays according to our tentative local supplement, Saturdays will be done exclusively by 22.4 employees within 2 years.

Here's the interesting tidbits from my neck of the woods: Western/JC37

upload_2018-8-14_19-0-6.png

upload_2018-8-14_19-1-26.png

No 9.5, easySat Sun loopholes, uneven dispatch, "area knowledge", "as long as work is available". Helpers are still fkd at minimum wage. Two authorized weeks of helpers year round.

BrownRecycler

RPCD no longer works saturdays according to our tentative local supplement, Saturdays will be done exclusively by 22.4 employees within 2 years.

View attachment 207176
View attachment 207177

No 9.5, easySat Sun loopholes, uneven dispatch, "area knowledge", "as long as work is available". Helpers are still fkd at minimum wage. Two authorized weeks of helpers year round.

That's great. Anybody like this supplement contract implemented?

542thruNthru

View attachment 207176
View attachment 207177

Wow I would never vote Yes on any language that had "area knowledge" in it. Might as well erase "seniority" with that crap in there.