22.4 or RPC’s for T-S work?

22.4 or RPCD’s for Tuesday- Saturday work?

• 22.4’s

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • RPCD’s

Votes: 27 50.0%
  • I am in denial that Saturday work is here to stay.

Votes: 10 18.5%

• Total voters

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Ok, let's take a step back... this is not the choice we're being given. Current t-s rpcd are not having to choose between keeping their current schedule or going 22.4. And part timers aren't being given the choice between a t-s rpcd position and 22.4.

Let's ask the current t-s drivers, would you have rather been offered your current position or 22.4? Work saturday as an rpcd? Or work all weekend at $6 an hour less?

Now let's ask the part timers who are happy about 22.4, if you were offered a t-s rpcd job would you be happier about that option, or would you still rather be a 22.4? You have to frame to questions properly for them to have any meaning.

And let's not use the poor language in some areas as an excuse to bring the rest of the country down. We have non-bid drivers we call cut drivers who are full drivers, no temps except during peak, no lower paid cover drivers. You guys need to fix your crap, not fling it at everyone else.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Google the countless threads on Saturday ground here on Browncafe where no RPCD’s wanted to work Saturdays

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.browncafe.com/community/threads/saturday-ground-on-topic.374277/?amp=1

Now google the countless 22.4 Threads saying it should go back to being RPCD’s jobs.

You can’t have both so pick one.

For those who didn't click on the link, it takes you to a thread asking about religious exemptions for Saturday work. If you do a search for Saturday in thread titles through brown cafe, a few threads are about drivers complaining about being forced from a m-friend schedule to a t-s schedule. The rest are just complaining about how poorly managed Saturday operations are, not the schedule itself. Something smells a little fishy, could it be a red herring?

LagunaBrown

62BA3C80-4D6F-4A7E-A449-AFC5AFCF35C6.gif

I love a good conspiracy theory.

LagunaBrown

For those who didn't click on the link, it takes you to a thread asking about religious exemptions for Saturday work. If you do a search for Saturday in thread titles through brown cafe, a few threads are about drivers complaining about being forced from a m-friend schedule to a t-s schedule. The rest are just complaining about how poorly managed Saturday operations are, not the schedule itself. Something smells a little fishy, could it be a red herring?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Google the countless threads on Saturday ground here on Browncafe where no RPCD’s wanted to work Saturdays

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.browncafe.com/community/threads/saturday-ground-on-topic.374277/?amp=1

Now google the countless 22.4 Threads saying it should go back to being RPCD’s jobs.

You can’t have both so pick one.
You’re conflating multiple issues. People don’t believe the RPCD’s should go back to T-S, they feel that when you deliver ground you should get the appropriate full ground rate and 9.5 protection. 22.4 has neither of these. Stop conflating these issue.

LagunaBrown

You’re conflating multiple issues. People don’t believe the RPCD’s should go back to T-S, they feel that when you deliver ground you should get the appropriate full ground rate and 9.5 protection. 22.4 has neither of these. Stop conflating these issue.
Holy Jesus are you serious? If you give a 22.4 full ground rate and 9.5 protection that would be for all intent and purpose be a RPCD working T-S. You guys are killing me.

wide load

Holy Jesus are you serious? If you give a 22.4 full ground rate and 9.5 protection that would be for all intent and purpose be a RPCD working T-S. You guys are killing me.
So we should friend em? Ok, let them work 60 hours a week at a lesser rate. Good union man!

LagunaBrown

So we should friend em? Ok, let them work 60 hours a week at a lesser rate. Good union man!
Clearly your A hypocrite. Go read up on YOUR contract don’t try to act like some high and mighty Union guy with me. Your openly voting yes on your supplement that has two tier part time Feeder jobs. Do you even know what your taking about?

6558E84F-1933-4B02-BE56-3B6760D25D56.jpeg

LagunaBrown

This language has been manipulated for the past 20 years and now 22.4 is the answer??? Please stop using this as an excuse. Had 20 years to fix it.
Then vote for RPCD’s to deliver T-S like we originally had it. Personally I am good either way but for God’s sake make up your mind. As far as the two tier it’s not an excuse it’s a reality and has been here since 1997.

panther

Then vote for RPCD’s to deliver T-S like we originally had it. Personally I am good either way but for God’s sake make up your mind. As far as the two tier it’s not an excuse it’s a reality and has been here since 1997.
Can you tell me why you think 22.4 do not have 9.5 protection? I mean they are full time.

panther

Look I'm all for weekend work because it means more jobs for everybody. HOw about lets bid saturday and sunday work and force from the bottom up to fullfil those positions. Same driver pay, same progression, and yes same 9.5 protection.

F

Frankie's Friend

Let's go 2 tiered all the way this time instead of slowly.
2 tiered jobs for every classification.

What do you have?

Disgruntled workforce and a bolstered RTW following.

If the 22.4 plan is voted in we will finally see the intent of those who proposed it and the behind the scenes plan to abuse it or not.

It's all on voice recording? It's never "all" recorded.

LagunaBrown

Look I'm all for weekend work because it means more jobs for everybody. HOw about lets bid saturday and sunday work and force from the bottom up to fullfil those positions. Same driver pay, same progression, and yes same 9.5 protection.
I am actually fine with that too. It is the way we originally did it here in the West with RPCD’s but few RPCD’s liked being forced T-S and or a 6th day. The 22.4 was made to answer both those issues. Like I said I am good either way but pick which one you guys want already.

LagunaBrown

Let's go 2 tiered all the way this time instead of slowly.
2 tiered jobs for every classification.

What do you have?

Disgruntled workforce and a bolstered RTW following.

If the 22.4 plan is voted in we will finally see the intent of those who proposed it and the behind the scenes plan to abuse it or not.

It's all on voice recording? It's never "all" recorded.
Ok then let’s go back to RPCD’s working T-S but realize there is still gonna be a two tier driver (cover drivers) working at a lesser wage and pension rate with no 9.5 protection because that language has been in the contract since 1997. You can thank Ron Carey for that one.

Last edited:

wide load

Clearly your A hypocrite. Go read up on YOUR contract don’t try to act like some high and mighty Union guy with me. Your openly voting yes on your supplement that has two tier part time Feeder jobs. Do you even know what your taking about?

View attachment 207213
I realized you’re a maroon. How is our supplemental feeder language 2 tier? Let’s see how you fail. Maybe @Gimme Danger can have a laugh too. I’ll make it easier for you, just answer the questions?

1) How much will the current outside casuals make per hour and how many hours will they work in feeders?
2) How much will the current eligible part timers make per hour and how many hours will they work in feeders?

Bonus questions.
How many weeks a year will each work?
Who gets full time pension credits?
Who gets enhanced medical?
Who gets time off on their progression?

Last edited: