22.4 or RPC’s for T-S work?

22.4 or RPCD’s for Tuesday- Saturday work?

• 22.4’s

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • RPCD’s

Votes: 27 50.0%
  • I am in denial that Saturday work is here to stay.

Votes: 10 18.5%

• Total voters

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
In my area it is

These part time cover drivers work full time hours, no 9-5 protection, no 8 hour request, less pay and only part time pension contributions.

So you guys are adding multiple PCD jobs each year.

K) As of January 1, 2014, for each one hundred fifty-six (156) TCD reports that an individual works during the calendar year, the Employer will add one (1) PCD in that center for each occurrence.

So you guys are adding multiple PCD jobs each year.

K) As of January 1, 2014, for each one hundred fifty-six (156) TCD reports that an individual works during the calendar year, the Employer will add one (1) PCD in that center for each occurrence.

But if they don't add one, you have to file. Ok, say you file on it and win, they open a new RPCD slot and a PTCD gets promoted. Perfect, right? Wrong, now the company says you have too many RPCD for your volume (or your Sup/Mgr doesn't like losing grievances) and forces a layoff. Now that PTCD is back on the sort for $11/hr, but had he kept his mouth shut he would be working at 75% top rate as a driver.

That's why most PTCD just stfu and press on until a spot opens. This is how there can be, and has been a legitimate 2-tier driver system.

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
But if they don't add one, you have to file. Ok, say you file on it and win, they open a new RPCD slot and a PTCD gets promoted. Perfect, right? Wrong, now the company says you have too many RPCD for your volume (or your Sup/Mgr doesn't like losing grievances) and forces a layoff. Now that PTCD is back on the sort for $11/hr, but had he kept his mouth shut he would be working at 75% top rate as a driver.

That's why most PTCD just stfu and press on until a spot opens. This is how there can be, and has been a legitimate 2-tier driver system.

Great then you have no TCD's working because a PTCD is on layoff.

(A) Seniority part-time employees may work as coverage drivers. They may cover vacations in excess of those filled by full-time vacation coverage drivers and may fill absences in excess of those covered by full-time non-bid drivers. All TCD(s) will be offered package car driver (PCD) work prior to using seasonal package drivers. Additionally, during the peak season period, when a PCD(s) is absent, said route(s) will not be abolished and helper(s) utilization increased to avoid using a TCD(s) to cover said absence(s). No coverage drivers may be used if full-time employees are on layoff. Part-time coverage drivers may not be used to supplement the work force, only as temporary replacements.

LagunaBrown

In my area it is

These part time cover drivers work full time hours, no 9-5 protection, no 8 hour request, less pay and only part time pension contributions.
Exactly. A 22.4 would actually an upgrade to them because they would be getting Full Time pension Do you see all the different language and names all these two tier drivers are called across the country. A 22.4 makes it one universal full time position language.

LagunaBrown

I realized you’re a maroon. How is our supplemental feeder language 2 tier? Let’s see how you fail. Maybe @Gimme Danger can have a laugh too. I’ll make it easier for you, just answer the questions?

1) How much will the current outside casuals make per hour and how many hours will they work in feeders?
2) How much will the current eligible part timers make per hour and how many hours will they work in feeders?

Bonus questions.
How many weeks a year will each work?
Who gets full time pension credits?
Who gets enhanced medical?
Who gets time off on their progression?
Why don’t you post it so I can rip you some more. Your hypocritical to think just because it’s certain times of the year it’s ok to have two tier feeder drivers. Hell 22.4’s get Full Time pension and progression credits too but you have chastised them while you put this Two tier Feeder position on a pedestal. Please don’t forget to put that a Part Timer with a class A would have right to feeder work over a Full Time package Driver with a class A.

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
Exactly. A 22.4 would actually an upgrade to them because they would be getting Full Time pension Do you see all the different language and names all these two tier drivers are called across the country. A 22.4 makes it one universal full time position language.

Is the extra 240 a month in pension at retirement worth the $40000-50000 less in wages a 22.4 would make vs a PT cover over 3-4 years when waiting on rpcd?
Serious question.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Why don’t you post it so I can rip you some more. Your hypocritical to think just because it’s certain times of the year it’s ok to have two tier feeder drivers. Hell 22.4’s get Full Time pension and progression credits too but you have chastised them while you put this Two tier Feeder position on a pedestal. Please don’t forget to put that a Part Timer with a class A would have right to feeder work over a Full Time package Driver with a class A.
Lol you have no idea. The very reason you asked me to do proves you have no idea. Job opportunity will always go to FT qualified. But I can answer the questions for you since you have no idea.

LagunaBrown

Is the extra 240 a month in pension at retirement worth the $40000-50000 less in wages a 22.4 would make vs a PT cover over 3-4 years when waiting on rpcd?
Serious question.
Pension would be equal to RPCD so let’s keep that the same. The difffence comes in that a coverd driver gets hired years before he would ever go Full Time and makes 70% for 6 months then 75% driver wage. This is almost $10 higher than a Full Timer in progression and he earns that full time progressions as well. They can the go to a 22.4 at 85% driver wage which is above progression and earn Full time pension. Then when the opportunity arises he goes to a RPCD position and is automatically at top rate. So when talking about a 22.4 making $6 less an hour in some cases he can earn more on the front end with those less paying jobs the get red circled than a part time employee going into RPCD progression.

Last edited:

LagunaBrown

Lol you have no idea. The very reason you asked me to do proves you have no idea. Job opportunity will always go to FT qualified. But I can answer the questions for you since you have no idea.
Its is ok I will post the language when it’s done. Then you can tell me all about your two tier Feeder driver.

wide load

Its is ok I will post the language when it’s done. Then you can tell me all about your two tier Feeder driver.
You got it! Just prove it based on the wages. It should be a simple win for you. Just show the difference in the hourly difference. Like this:
RPCD will make $36.86
22.4 can only make $30.64
See. 2 teir. Now do the same!!

LagunaBrown

You got it! Just prove it based on the wages. It should be a simple win for you. Just show the difference in the hourly difference. Like this:
RPCD will make $36.86
22.4 can only make $30.64
See. 2 teir. Now do the same!!
A part timer that gets a class A license can drive feeder and goes to the bottom of the feeder progression wage or his inside rate which ever is higher.

So YOU tell me what is Feeder top rate and what is the difference beginning progression. The tell me why in the hell you give that work to a part timer instead of the Full Timer next in seniority.

See Two tier. Stop trying to polish a turd.

542thruNthru

A part timer that gets a class A license can drive feeder and goes to the bottom of the feeder progression wage or his inside rate which ever is higher.

So YOU tell me what is Feeder top rate and what is the difference beginning progression. The tell me why in the hell you give that work to a part timer instead of the Full Timer next in seniority.

Does his 4 year progression start the moment he covers feeder? If so wouldn't he be top scale after 4 years. Wether he drives feeder or not (when covering feeder not working inside)

LagunaBrown

Does his 4 year progression start the moment he covers feeder? If so wouldn't he be top scale after 4 years. Wether he drives feeder or not (when covering feeder not working inside)
Either way it’s the same for a 22.4. Why is it ok to have a two tier Feeder and not a two tier a Package driver.

542thruNthru

Either way it’s the same for a 22.4. Why is it ok to have a two tier Feeder and not a two tier a Package driver.

PT feeder wouldn't be two tier though. They would just be a feeder driver in progression and after 4 years would be top scale. They wouldn't be stuff at a lesser pay.

wide load

The part timers will be replacing outside casuals to cover vacations and peak. If a bid becomes available, it will absolutely go to a regular full timer. This is work that is going to our current work force. The part timer can eliminate progression, get level 1 medical and full time pension and work a guaranteed 40 hours a week.

Faceplanted

This is exactly what happened in my center circa 2011. All of the cover drivers were sent back to the hub, and even a few low seniority full time drivers got laid off. Now everybody just shuts the :censored2: up and works when they can instead of making 12hr pre loading.

Your talking 10 drivers in just one center who got killed 8 of them lost 70% of their income.

Last edited:

542thruNthru

This is exactly what happened in my center circa 2011. All of the cover drivers were sent back to the hub, and even a few low seniority full time drivers got laid off. Now everybody just shuts the :censored2: up and works when they can instead of making 12hr pre loading.

This is why cover driver language never should have been allowed. It's too easy to manipulate.

Faceplanted

This is why cover driver language never should have been allowed. It's too easy to manipulate.
I agree 100%....but

In my eyes as well as most of the part time cover drivers in my center this is an improvement.

But all you senior 25 year drivers who have been out of the loop for years and are just angry every day, keep screaming strike strike strike can’t understand.

542thruNthru

I agree 100%....but

In my eyes as well as most of the part time cover drivers in my center this is an improvement.

But all you senior 25 year drivers who have been out of the loop for years and are just angry every day, keep screaming strike strike strike can’t understand.

I'm definitely not a 25 year senior driver. I also did 6 years of CD.

I don't want a strike. I want 22.4s to get a better deal. I waited 10 years to go FT and the reason is because of cover drivers. I don't want to see people wait 15 years to go RPCD because of 22.4s.

If you're happy with it vote Yes. I can't fault anyone for it. I just don't want people to jump at it because they feel it's the best they will get.