22.4 Should Be Eliminated.

Imchar1

22.4 is an abomination and should render this contract dead on arrival. Excessive overtime a problem? Expand the 9.5 list to all drivers that want to be on it to 5 days a week and you have to stay on it for a year. Hire enough regular full time drivers to make cover the adjusted routes and every year determine staffing based on growth and the 9.5 list. Why the union is willing to give the company a means to abuse full and part time employees when simple 9.5 language would suffice.

Vote no and eliminate 22.4 completely.

SameRightsForAll

22.4 is a sign that we have no union any more. Instead of hiring more drivers, buying more UPS trucks, taking care of the customer and paying DRIVERS the pay rates that were promised in previous contracts, they're going to instead create a LOWER CLASS of driver who does the same thing but on weekends, too, and pay them LESS and with no 9.5 protection? This should have never even been considered, but here we are. There's no getting rid of this "hybrid" driver class once it's here. Just step back for a minute and think about it. This is a stepping stone towards UPS pushing every driver into this "class" eventually which is the same as going back 30 years of pay rates that our union fought for in the past? On top of ALL OF THIS, UPS does not and will not honor any contract, period. They'll break the rules daily across the planet and not a single gutless turd democrat union rep will do anything about it. Teamsters, my ass.

Box Ox

Is that true TonyQ ; are you trying to screw FREIGhT too ?

Summarized:

14118xv.png

born2Bwild

Beware of voter fraud. Get a screen printout of your electronic vote or even a short video. Print and give a copy to your BA. if there is even an evidence of one vote alteration the entire vote will be voided. Quite frankly and call me paranoid I am very concerned about this.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Beware of voter fraud. Get a screen printout of your electronic vote or even a short video. Print and give a copy to your BA. if there is even an evidence of one vote alteration the entire vote will be voided. Quite frankly and call me paranoid I am very concerned about this.

You're paranoid.

The IBT doesn't count the votes, and there are independent witnesses.

Just like every other time....

born2Bwild

Well I’m entitled to my opinions but after this “best contract ever” work I question their loyalty and commitment to us and this where “paranoia” is born

Smashmouth

where do I hand it in?

Both negotiating sides , I said BOTH, are conspicuously quiet.

Because they are in bed together....but they arent really quiet...theres another teletownhall this weekend, put on by the company....that tells me all i need to know...Ive been here 31 years and never seen the Company try to sell a contract like this. They know they are putting one over on us...now their pushing it to the finish line. Vote NO!

born2Bwild

Please ask when call:
will all RPCD have a uniform starting time?
How much time will 22.4 will be on the road?
Will Monday’s work be advanced to Sunday?

Over disciplined0123

22.4 is a sign that we have no union any more. Instead of hiring more drivers, buying more UPS trucks, taking care of the customer and paying DRIVERS the pay rates that were promised in previous contracts, they're going to instead create a LOWER CLASS of driver who does the same thing but on weekends, too, and pay them LESS and with no 9.5 protection? This should have never even been considered, but here we are. There's no getting rid of this "hybrid" driver class once it's here. Just step back for a minute and think about it. This is a stepping stone towards UPS pushing every driver into this "class" eventually which is the same as going back 30 years of pay rates that our union fought for in the past? On top of ALL OF THIS, UPS does not and will not honor any contract, period. They'll break the rules daily across the planet and not a single gutless turd democrat union rep will do anything about it. Teamsters, my ass.
22.4 is UNION BUSTING TACTIC 101