22.4- what’s the word in your hub?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Yes you read right. The number of M-friend RPCDs on Aug 1st 2018 will be protected. That's what I thought you were talking about.

I ask because we're in a 22.4 thread and I wanted to make sure you weren't thinking that the 25% goes off of the # of protected RPCDs. It's the total RPCDs in the building.
That’s good info. Appreciate it.

So does the protected number have to be maintained? How much leeway?

Grey

You will be thankful later in your career that you have those credits

Too far away to think about.

44fa444a96eb066cd166df503ab79356858c78a89e6af03a22f05144d945a321.jpg

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Has to be maintained. If it drops below then that would mean the 22.4s have to be dropped as well because they can not exceed 25% of the total RPCDs.

Question: What if a new building is put in operation, could the company only use these 22.4's positions to run their packages. Could they bypass that 25 % ratio language if their was no RPCD's in the building?

542thruNthru

Question: What if a new building is put in operation, could the company only use these 22.4's positions to run their packages. Could they bypass that 25 % ratio language if their was no RPCD's in the building?

Well let's think about this.

A building is usually built in area that's already established. Meaning it already has RPCDs that service the area. So those positions would be moved to the building and the language says that the protected job will follow it.

Also if they don't have RPCDs who's going to del on Monday? I believe every contract has working on the 7th day is double time. So a 22.4 would be making close to $70 a hour all hours worked on Monday.

Main thing is I've never heard of a new building being opened where routes were not moved to. Have you?

BucsGuy

I’m a 22.4 as of about a week ago. Worked about 40 hours in 4 days driving only. Then today. Worked preload from 430-930 and drove air till 12. Pretty sweet so far. Fingers crossed

Superteeth2478

I haven’t seen any combo 22.4 drivers but I have been seeing a lot of combo 22.4 supervisors...they load trucks , harass pre-loaders, wear polos, and steal union work.
Hey, don't badmouth the 22.4 supervisor position...it was proposed by the union! You better :censored2: like it, you ungrateful ass! If you don't like it, you should have voted!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Main thing is I've never heard of a new building being opened where routes were not moved to. Have you?

Nope.

But the company is required to file for a change of operations.

ARTICLE 38. CHANGE OF OPERATIONS

Section 1.

(a) The Employer agrees that prior to any change in its operation that will result in a change of domicile....

(b) Any agreed to change of operations reached by the Local Union(s) and the Employer shall be reduced to writing and filed with the Joint National Change of Operations Committee.

https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/ups18nationalmaster.pdf