25 Year Milestone?

Dutch Dawg

I recently achieved my 25 year milestone with the company and not one past or present supervisor or manager took the time to acknowledge the occasion during my 10 hour shift with even a handshake or verbal comment. Hey I suppose if I worked in a large domicile I might have better understanding, but I don’t.

Before we go any further this ain’t no pity party, nor do I seek any congratulations provoked by this thread. Secretly, I was kinda hoping they would fail in recognizing this nonevent, as it would prove better evidence to my claim in point.

Management can create all the memos, edicts, and talk they want regarding cohesiveness amongst employees. But when it comes to walking the walk, they invariably fall a step or two behind, the result of their melancholic indifference.

feeder53

ADKtrails
Congratulations on your 25 years, It is an important milestone in your career, There are some that appreciate it, and you do not carry the baggage of the missed opportunity...they do. Good Job.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
Hey Dutch Dawg congrats on 25 wonderful years... were did the time go? How much longer to the promised land of retirement?

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I recently achieved my 25 year milestone with the company and not one past or present supervisor or manager took the time to acknowledge the occasion during my 10 hour shift with even a handshake or verbal comment. Hey I suppose if I worked in a large domicile I might have better understanding, but I don’t.

Before we go any further this ain’t no pity party, nor do I seek any congratulations provoked by this thread. Secretly, I was kinda hoping they would fail in recognizing this nonevent, as it would prove better evidence to my claim in point.

Management can create all the memos, edicts, and talk they want regarding cohesiveness amongst employees. But when it comes to walking the walk, they invariably fall a step or two behind, the result of their melancholic indifference.

Congrats.
There were 2 guys that were 35 years at our center, were not recognized by managers until 3 months later.
haha

HazMatMan

Congrats on 25 years. Some on here may say your reward is your paycheck every week, I disagree. A milestone is a milestone and should be recognized as such. Kind of like a bonus for us working stiffs, be it a watch, grill, or whatever else is on the milestone list. Hey, management gets a bonus for doing a good job don't they? So why shouldn't we?? Once again congrats!!

tieguy

Banned
Congrats on 25 years. Some on here may say your reward is your paycheck every week, I disagree. A milestone is a milestone and should be recognized as such. Kind of like a bonus for us working stiffs, be it a watch, grill, or whatever else is on the milestone list. Hey, management gets a bonus for doing a good job don't they? So why shouldn't we?? Once again congrats!!

he does and he will when he selects his 25 years of service award. that should have been managements first clue when they saw the box come in.

Congrats Dawg and thank you for your 25 years of service.:happy-very:

Service Failure

I thought that plaques were handed to those who reach every 5 year milestone and nicer ones 25 and up. They do the aknowledgements for milestones during our PCM's usually. How unfortunate because most don't know how difficult it is to actually stick with this company for 25. Anyways, a very much deserved congratulations!! You people are nuts!

UPS Lifer

I have been in your shoes and know how it feels (35 years). Nothing can be done to make it up!

This was a lost opportunity to help build or mend relationships.

Here is the silver lining.... we learn from everything that happens to us in life. This is your chance to make the effort to celebrate an important event in someone else's life so they don't have the same feeling you do.

Be proud! You achieved something very special !

JohnnyPension

Best Wishes on your 25. It won't be long for you now!

When I went to work the day of my 25th the customer counter clerk handed me a dirty damaged box with my name on it. He said they found it laying underneath the belt. Had my 25 year plaque in there. Management had no clue and nothing was said until one of my coworkers got mad and mentioned it to one of the powers that be a few days later. I have to be honest and say that it did hurt with that kind of treatment. 25YEARS!!! My wife was livid when I told her the story.

John

Floridacargocat

As a fairly young one in the UPS organisation (less than 2 years), I salute you and give you my respect for working such a long time for this company. If the managers do not have the time (or are not attuned ) to render at least a short hommage to such a length of service, I do.
The people I work with (preloaders) do know that I realize their contribution, and that I think about their safety and well-being, even when I find their misloads, and tell them that they have to improve in order to maintain the image of UPS as a reliable provider of services.
Regards,
Floridacargocat

HazMatMan

I thought that plaques were handed to those who reach every 5 year milestone and nicer ones 25 and up. They do the aknowledgements for milestones during our plaques usually. How unfortunate because most don't know how difficult it is to actually stick with this company for 25. Anyways, a very much deserved congratulations!! You people are nuts!
If that's the case they forgot to give me my 5 year (1993) 10 year (1998) 15 year (2003) plaques. And they better not forget me in Sept 08 (20 years) Lol.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Common occurance here for service and safety awards. One of the reasons I quit taking them. I have thrown away my safety awards in the trash for the last 15 years. Threw my 20 year service award in the trash can in front of the center manager as soon as he handed it to me. Told the center safety director to quit ordering them so they haven't even attempted to give one to me the last two years.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Common occurance here for service and safety awards. One of the reasons I quit taking them. I have thrown away my safety awards in the trash for the last 15 years. Threw my 20 year service award in the trash can in front of the center manager as soon as he handed it to me. Told the center safety director to quit ordering them so they haven't even attempted to give one to me the last two years.
Congrats to you, and I say it is sad.
Had the same thing on my 20th. It depends on your team, but you know and the people you work with and service know. So I guess that is more important anyway. Just a lost opportunity for them to celebrate achievements of the company and the people who help to build it.

wornoutupser

Same stuff in the Orlando area as well.

One of the Center managers around here just retired with over 30 years. He was given a cake that was bought by the center,no gift and no higher ups came around.

I posted about another employee around here a while back that got nothing for his retirement.

I bet the Atlanta suits get more than this for the same service times!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Congrats on 25 years. I had the same thing happen to me at 20...but I didnt take it personally. My sup is a nice guy but hes managing 60 people and working 70 hrs a week. I didnt expect him to be aware of it, and to his credit when he saw the plaque I got a few weeks later he did say something nice to me. I suspect it is a communication issue rather than a personal one.