30 day probation... dqed for not running 0.00 or below

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Maybe you were in a location that didn't use the word.

We had to scratch for the last week of probation ...yes that term was used...over 35 years ago.

Wouldn't even consider you unless you did.
When I started Driver Training was 3 days with a Supervisor.
I never once cared about numbers.
The Union doesn't recognize production standards set by Management.

Dough99

On day 29 I was told that I was disqualified for not making scratch 5 days in a row. I came off the the sort onto the road and during my probationary period was told alot of different things. Such as I only needed 3 days of scratch not finding out it was 5 until half way through. And that if I made close to scratch that it would count. I did show improvement through out and some everything they asked. This is a heads up for anyone heading into their 30 days. Here's my numbers.

Day 16) -.30
Day 17) .21
Day 18) -.03
Day 19) .23
Day 20) -.35

I have talked to my shop steward and someone above him. What else can I do? And what are my chances of fighting it?
It’s all about if they like you or not and if you are going to be pain in the ass. Looks like you answered your own.question

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
It was 3 str8 days under allowed for me. Did you have weather delays? I was under 21 of my 30 days. Training routes are mostly cupcakes routes that should be easy to scratch after a week or 2.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
When I started Driver Training was 3 days with a Supervisor.
I never once cared about numbers.
The Union doesn't recognize production standards set by Management.
You’re so full of it, when we came up if you had that attitude in your 30 you’d of been shown the door by not only management but the drivers as well.

Now today, yes we can enjoy the ability of telling them to pound dirt.

Rack em

Made the Podium
It was 3 str8 days under allowed for me. Did you have weather delays? I was under 21 of my 30 days. Training routes are mostly cupcakes routes that should be easy to scratch after a week or 2.
My route is a training route and I average 2 hours over everyday. No one can come in under an hour over allowed on my route, it's impossible and my center manager knows it. Guys get qualified all the time on my garbage route.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

My training route was pretty brutal. I had to sprint all my resi's and take my breaks during long drives between stops in order to scratch.

quad decade guy

BS

You must have been clueless.

The 30 day probation has been around since at least Jimmy Carter (1970s).

Ask Scratch or Rod. They have been around even longer than me.

Unless you started in some bldg with 20 employees.

Around here it was really 22 days with 5 consecutive days under. And when you made it,

"scratch or better" was the motto by ORS's. If they didn't like you....fail. No matter

what. But then that was at least 30 years ago.

pierregarcon

When I came through, we got paired up with a driver mentor. Not even sure it had an official title. But it was an OG driver who got like 30 mins OT each morning to talk with us, answer questions, etc. He laid it out for me. For your 30 days you don't have a lunch or 10 minute break. It belongs to the company. You use those 60 minutes to your advantage. Head out and deliver your air. Stop. Sort your 1000's. Code out the roughly 10 minutes. Deliver the 1000's. Stop. Code out another 10 minutes while you sort the 2000's. Deliver. Rinse Repeat. Obviously we don't get 80 minutes, but the more you this, the faster you get, and through time you are sorting the whole truck. And if you can't find a package? Dont sweat it. Move on. The runbacks will net you mileage which will help your cause. Even better you get some misloads. Adding more time. Now with the cradle, here's a little pro tip for misloads. Sheet em when you find them. When they say you have to deliver them, send them a message saying you don't know that area and need directions. Now they just transfer the misload stops to my board, and can just use the nav.

quad decade guy

When I came through, we got paired up with a driver mentor. Not even sure it had an official title. But it was an OG driver who got like 30 mins OT each morning to talk with us, answer questions, etc. He laid it out for me. For your 30 days you don't have a lunch or 10 minute break. It belongs to the company. You use those 60 minutes to your advantage. Head out and deliver your air. Stop. Sort your 1000's. Code out the roughly 10 minutes. Deliver the 1000's. Stop. Code out another 10 minutes while you sort the 2000's. Deliver. Rinse Repeat. Obviously we don't get 80 minutes, but the more you this, the faster you get, and through time you are sorting the whole truck. And if you can't find a package? Dont sweat it. Move on. The runbacks will net you mileage which will help your cause. Even better you get some misloads. Adding more time. Now with the cradle, here's a little pro tip for misloads. Sheet em when you find them. When they say you have to deliver them, send them a message saying you don't know that area and need directions. Now they just transfer the misload stops to my board, and can just use the nav.

This just proves that the system doesn't work without cheating and stealing. Co.

knows it and condoned by the Union. This whole approach is just plain stealing

from the employee. And dishonesty. This is exactly why UPS sucks.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
wtf u r not real

Tom Jefferson

if you did that at the center I’m currently running my probation on. They’d pass you instantly. I’m struggling with my probation though. A business route with 180 stops. Not all business but it’s still kicking my ass.. I almost scratched last week then went over the next day. I feel like I’ll be one of those people they dq on my 29th day. They all like me though because the sort manager pretty much told them to take care of me and that I work hard. I don’t think that’s enough though.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
It isn't all about "numbers".
Too many missed deliveries and pick ups, time sensitive airs that aren't made on time, and valid negative customer comments to management will get you dq'd.

On another note, did you check your AM and PM time on the few days that you missed running 0.00 to prove you were held up getting on the road in the morning by the preload or add/cuts at the last minute or you were stuck in line at the Air Recovery dock waiting to pull your airs and internationals?

Are you coding over 70s in special counts when you pick them up?

It isn't all about "numbers".
Too many missed deliveries and pick ups, time sensitive airs that aren't made on time, and valid negative customer comments to management will get you dq'd.

On another note, did you check your AM and PM time on the few days that you missed running 0.00 to prove you were held up getting on the road in the morning by the preload or add/cuts at the last minute or you were stuck in line at the Air Recovery dock waiting to pull your airs and internationals?

Are you coding over 70s in special counts when you pick them up?
Yes I am.