30 day probation... dqed for not running 0.00 or below

Scuderia

IMO it’s a lay-off issue. If they promote you to FT, and lay you off, they technically have to send you back to the hub, but with an 8 hour guarantee. You would bump the lowest seniority part timers. At least that’s how it works in my local.

The last thing UPS wants is a bunch of full timers doing part time work.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
The "credit" is negligible.
When the op is 12-15 minutes over it can make a difference on a heavy industrial route.
Take advantage of every credit available. That's the point Mr. Know It All.

Maybe the op can come in and sort their truck off the clock like you did?

Your advice is "negligible" at best.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When the op is 12-15 minutes over it can make a difference on a heavy industrial route.
Take advantage of every credit available. That's the point Mr. Know It All.

Maybe the op can come in and sort their truck off the clock like you did?

Your advice is "negligible" at best.

It would take longer to input the data.

His numbers were more than adequate------there had to be other reason(s) for his DQ.

PT Car Washer

IMO it’s a lay-off issue. If they promote you to FT, and lay you off, they technically have to send you back to the hub, but with an 8 hour guarantee. You would bump the lowest seniority part timers. At least that’s how it works in my local.

The last thing UPS wants is a bunch of full timers doing part time work.
Your building doesn't have a bunch of Art 22.3 employees?

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Not retired but it was there 40 years ago.
Somewhat disagree.
Huh?

I was talking about when I started over 40

years ago.

Been retired for many years.
Two drivers I know started in the 60s and late 70s. They were road tested one day and put to work.
Heck, no cdl needed to drive feeder equipment (t/t), no 30 day probation period and the company was growing so fast that hiring into a fulltime position off the street was a given.

The supe asked one guy if he ever drove a tractor before and he said nope!...so they jumped into it and after one day he was "qualified".

quad decade guy

Somewhat disagree.

Two drivers I know started in the 60s and late 70s. They were road tested one day and put to work.
Heck, no cdl needed to drive feeder equipment (t/t), no 30 day probation period and the company was growing so fast that hiring into a fulltime position off the street was a given.

The supe asked one guy if he ever drove a tractor before and he said nope!...so they jumped into it and after one day he was "qualified".

Absolutely bet there are exceptions to almost anything.

M

MenInBrown

On day 29 I was told that I was disqualified for not making scratch 5 days in a row. I came off the the sort onto the road and during my probationary period was told alot of different things. Such as I only needed 3 days of scratch not finding out it was 5 until half way through. And that if I made close to scratch that it would count. I did show improvement through out and some everything they asked. This is a heads up for anyone heading into their 30 days. Here's my numbers.

Day 16) -.30
Day 17) .21
Day 18) -.03
Day 19) .23
Day 20) -.35

I have talked to my shop steward and someone above him. What else can I do? And what are my chances of fighting it?
Contact the NLRB and file charges against your union reps.