30 day progression NOT being honored

Brownroundtown

So I applied for a full time driver position, completed the integral process and have been working for UPS for more than the 30 work days required to officially become a full time driver. Management says because the last few weeks have been peak season that they are unsure if I can handle the workload. Can they deny me my full time status or do they have to promote me since I've completely 30 days?

Brownroundtown

Was you hired off of the street or was you already an employee before you started driving?
I was a helper a few years back and applied online once I got my drivers license reinstated. I applied for full time driver not the seasonal position they had posted and I was told by EVERYONE including management that anyone hired on before November was full time and not seasonal.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I was a helper a few years back and applied online once I got my drivers license reinstated. I applied for full time driver not the seasonal position they had posted and I was told by EVERYONE including management that anyone hired on before November was full time and not seasonal.

How come you had to have your license reinstated?

Brownroundtown

Unpaid traffic tickets. And how do you make your seniority? I thought working 30 days was the way to make your seniority. Every driver in my center tells me I should be in since I've worked more than 30 days have been working Saturday's and have also been sent to help other drivers. I have a meeting with them Monday and I just want to know the facts when I'm speaking with them

upschuck

So how does the 30 days work and do they have to honor it? Cause now they're saying we can let you go or keep you on as seasonal and rehire you in January so we can see how you work without a helper lol.
Not called a free period for nuttin. I've never heard of anyone doing their probationary period with a helper. I did my time during peak, as well, and qualified after it was over. My days counted, but couldn't qualify til afterwards.

Just keep coming in on Saturdays so I don’t have to. Thanks for your hard work. Buh-bye.
tenor (8).gif

Brownroundtown

The 30 days doesn't count in November and December unless you was already in the union and bid that job.
Thanks for the info and I yeah I started before November and December. Is there something in writing that says you are automatically converted after completing your thirty or is that just something they have the option of doing