30 day progression NOT being honored

Brownroundtown

Not called a free period for nuttin. I've never heard of anyone doing their probationary period with a helper. I did my time during peak, as well, and qualified after it was over. My days counted, but couldn't qualify til afterwards.
Thanks for the info. And yes originally they told me I couldn't have a helper cause I was doing my thirty but as the peak season loads got heavier they started sending helpers out with me. And they make more than me LMAO. Im getting the new full time driver pay 18.75 and my helper is getting the seasonal driver pay 23.75 SMH. My ass is starting to hurt just thinking about it

Thanks for the info and I yeah I started before November and December. Is there something in writing that says you are automatically converted after completing your thirty or is that just something they have the option of doing
Your days in November and December do not count towards your 30. They could keep you on and qualify if they really want to but honestly you don't have a leg to stand on.

Best of luck to you.

upschuck

Thanks for the info. And yes originally they told me I couldn't have a helper cause I was doing my thirty but as the peak season loads got heavier they started sending helpers out with me. And they make more than me LMAO. Im getting the new full time driver pay 18.75 and my helper is getting the seasonal driver pay 23.75 SMH. My ass is starting to hurt just thinking about it
Helper making 23+?

upschuck

If they say you're seasonal, demand the pay difference of 5/HR.

Brownroundtown

Your days in November and December do not count towards your 30. They could keep you on and qualify if they really want to but honestly you don't have a leg to stand on.

Best of luck to you.
I hear you but they just qualified another driver and we're in December so that's not necessarily true either. That's why I'm asking is there something in writing that's set and clear about this process because it seems to be at their discretion

Brownroundtown

They're miscoding him then. Nice while it lasts. I had a helper like that one year, got played helper rate.
No I talked to a manager last night about it.. He said as peak went on they started offering more to seasonal employees as an incentive .. The guy has drove a few days but has mainly been used as a helper and a couple days as a shuttle driver

I hear you but they just qualified another driver and we're in December so that's not necessarily true either. That's why I'm asking is there something in writing that's set and clear about this process because it seems to be at their discretion
Ask your steward. I know here that between Memorial day and Labor day doesn't count , neither does November and December ....unl unl you are already an employee who is in the union and signed a qualifying bid.

Brownroundtown

Ask your steward. I know here that between Memorial day and Labor day doesn't count , neither does November and December ....unl unl you are already an employee who is in the union and signed a qualifying bid.
Yeah my steward said "if you did your 30 your in" then I told him what my supervisor said and he switched his story to OH well I'm not sure you'll have to talk to them lol.. It's like a big joke. They all work together and it seems like nobody is representing me. I pay union dues out of each check and started back in October. So my 30 days gets paused when Nov, and Dec, hit. That doesn't seem fair.

Yeah my steward said "if you did your 30 your in" then I told him what my supervisor said and he switched his story to OH well I'm not sure you'll have to talk to them lol.. It's like a big joke. They all work together and it seems like nobody is representing me. I pay union dues out of each check and started back in October. So my 30 days gets paused when Nov, and Dec, hit. That doesn't seem fair.
That's what happens to everyone. But than can qualify you if they really want to
How are your numbers? Are you running scratch ?

He has a helper, soooo
IMG_20181216_150014056.jpg