401k returns

ManInBrown

Got all mine in the Bright Horizon 2035 . I know nothing about the stock market. From what I read this particular fund is suited for folks such as myself. If y’all have suggestions I’m all ears.
In times like this that’s a good place to be parked. Very conservative. I’m 100% S&P. Very risky but bigger rewards when things are going well. When things are in the tank, very bad. It’ll rebound so it doesn’t matter in the long run.

ManInBrown

How big of a hit did you take so far? I have 45% S&P 500 and I don't even wanna look at what I've lost at this point.
I looked once last week and I was down a sheetload. Lol. I haven’t looked since. I’m too afraid. It’ll rebound. Might take some time but it will come back. Only way it doesn’t is if this virus knocks out 50% of the world population which I highly doubt is going to happen.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
The people this hurts are the ones who try to time the market. or the very old who don't have the time for the market to recover if the world falls into a recession.

Just go to mostly bonds. The bright horizon have high fees.

do you plan on using your 401k right when you retire?
You can make anything in bonds right now. They want you to stay in the market.

Screenshot_20200303-142238.png

The Driver

I drive.
I plan on leaving my current allocations forever. If, in the future when I’m retired, the markets tank... well, I’ll just live on the pension while I wait on the recovery. I want results and can handle the risk. I live a pretty lean financial life.