46 CHEMA pkg drivers laid off

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Ah- those were the days. There are still 2 gals left at my old center who work part time for 28 bucks+ an hour with full benefits. One is the morning clerk (no one knows what she does other than gossip with everyone) and the other one does re-wrap and porter. You can only imagine how much the UPS would like to get rid of those two.:wink2: P.S. Neither one of their husbands work :happy-very:

Send 'em to the unload!
=/

Last edited:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Re: Where can I apply?

Hello. Do you know where I could apply for that job that pays $28 an hour. I would love to have the extra time to help my son with school and be the lunch mom and go to the beach and things like that. But right now I work a hard 40 hours a week with UPS and I have to work part time on the weekends to make the ends meet so if I could get a part time job at UPS for $28 an hour I could make some life adjustments that I would be much happier.

So, where should I apply?
In order to be making $28/hr , you would have to be hired back in the 70's and stayed until today. We have ( myself included ) 6 left.

W

westsideworma

Yes, CHEMA is a hub and is a big building...

But how many drivers/centers does it have?

CACH is a big building too...but it has 0 drivers.

well we run about 125-135 in worma normally with two centers (pkg car drivers) and they're much bigger than us so i'd say at least 200-225 pkg drivers. over9five would know better.

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
I believe there is in the area of 230 package drivers in chelma, there are four centers 1.Lowell
2.Marlboro
3.Willmington and
4.Lawrence
We currently have 253 package cars and service about 100 give or take a few tractors in areas all around, dover, keene, nashua, lynnfield, chelmsford, manchester etc...

UPSNewbie

Next week is going to be ugly. Thank God LLBEAN is coming back....anything work at this point is welcome, even more Pottery Barn!! (ok maybe thats going a bit too far) ;)

My management tried to pawn off the pottery barn bulk preload while I was on TAW to me... I respectfully declined. :peaceful:

We're not having any layoffs due to so many being on comp & Disability. However, from what I hear our volume is still high for the norm for this time of year.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I believe there is in the area of 230 package drivers in chelma, there are four centers 1.Lowell
2.Marlboro
3.Willmington and
4.Lawrence
We currently have 253 package cars and service about 100 give or take a few tractors in areas all around, dover, keene, nashua, lynnfield, chelmsford, manchester etc...
Please control your avitar,we don't need any chimp attacks on the B.C Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape! taylor charleton heston

705red

Browncafe Steward
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe the part time workers have a very good track record of union envolvement. If they organized as a group they wouldn't get crapped on as much as they have the last few contracts. The signing bonuses were a joke, but it was a brilliant way for the company to get the contracts passed. UPS might have bought alot of people off with the bonuses --------------but not all of us. I can honestly say I never voted yes on a contract during my whole career--- not that I was a "Rebel" or "Troublemaker" --- I just always felt that we could have done better. If the part timers ever did get organized they could make it real tuff for the full timers to continue getting the BIG piece of the pie. JMO:peaceful:
Rod i hear you! This was the very first contract that i voted yes on. It wasn't because i was on the negotiating team, it was because the national had settled 9 months prior. We had an advantage in this contract by looking in to the nationals and taking out what we felt was bad language. I am very happy with the outcome of gains we received this contract, however starting pay for ptimers is my biggest complaint with the contract! Thats slave wages!

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
At LAWNJ I think there have been a handfull of package drivers sent back inside(out of 250+drivers) We have had a few feeder runs cut. Drivers on either disability or retiring has helped keep us working. No feeder drivers sent back inside ......yet *crosses fingers*. Just have to make it until April-ish for our rebid of jobs. Vacations will start and keep us working until the fall......hopefully