"5s and 10s"

upschuck

Somewhere there is an old geezer who used to work in the Ivory Tower who thought all this 5 & 10 stuff up and probably got a promotion for it. He expected everyone to memorize it all but today he can't even remember his own name.
Actually, the 10 is a nationally recognized driving system. Called Smith something something, I think. 10-15 years ago, they wanted to change the following distance, and couldn't, because it would violate copyright, or something like that.

oldngray

nowhere special
Actually, the 10 is a nationally recognized driving system. Called Smith something something, I think. 10-15 years ago, they wanted to change the following distance, and couldn't, because it would violate copyright, or something like that.

They did change the eye lead time.

rod

Retired 22 years
I did learn the 5 seeing habits--I could probably still recite them word for word if I thought about it--------but I'm not going to. I never did learn any of the other stuff. When asked I would just say "hell I don't know---ya got me". Then I would listen to them explain it all over again--and again and again. One thing that has stuck with me is backing into parking spaces. At our monthly retirees breakfast you can always tell the retired UPS'ers. All their personal vehicles are backed into the parking spaces at Perkins.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

It's the 5 that are the Smith driving system
When-guy-still-hasnt-texted-you-you-pretend-youre-cool.gif

Smith System - Five Principles of Safe Driving | Platinum Drivers Inc.