70 HOS exemption for vehicles under 10k LBS

floridays

That's a lot of moving parts that have to all move in the right directions at the right times and everything has to fall into place, and the prize is that you get to live in a country with a screwball economy and they can screw you like you've never been screwed before.

When we first started taking our trips to Vegas, we did coupon runs. This was before the 2 guys who are heavy gamblers were heavy gamblers and got the sweet deals that we all benefit from. There were all these coupon books and pamphlets that had offers of free play, cheap/free food, and other stuff. We'd hog up a bunch of them and run all over town redeeming them. Turns out it was a lot easier to toss nearly all of the coupons and just do what we wanted instead of trying to stretch our money to silly lengths.
You guys still a happy threesome? Not that there's anything wrong with it. :winkiss: :rolleyes::2guns::2guns::2guns::nonono:

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Exactly what is their importance flying empty aircraft around?

Only when they are flying aircraft with freight.

If no freight makes it to the ramp, they go empty.

If freight makes it to the ramp, but is not loaded..... they go empty.

If you don't do your job for a day, screw it a week, will the circle be unbroken?

Which is worse?
*One courier doesn't run his route and one route's freight is left behind.
*One pilot doesn't fly his plane and 20+ AMJs full of freight are left behind.

Which is easier to replace?
*One guy with a standard operator's license.
*One guy with an FAA license that includes qualification on a Boeing 777 and an IFR rating.

Which require easier to obtain?
*A driver's license.
*A pilot's license.

We could go on all day with this and I still don't think you'd get it.

Last edited:

59 Dano

I guess some aren't smart enough to assess exactly why you value your "contribution" as vital as you do.

I never thought it was that important or that difficult and there are plenty of people (not you) who are easily smart enough to do it and probably do it very well but will never take even the first step toward advancing their careers. Why they opt to duck and dodge opportunities for better positions and better paychecks is a mystery to me. I mean, I understand the appeal of sitting in the peanut gallery with no sense of responsibility and making snarky remarks about people who stepped up and took on more, but it seems like it would quickly get old and it doesn't pay well.

To each his own.

falcon back

Which is worse?

*One guy with an FAA license that includes qualification on a Boeing 777 and an IFR rating.

*A driver's license.
*A pilot's license.

[/QUOTE]

While I agree with much of your post, remember this. No packages get delivered without the hub or couriers. Plenty of packages get delivered without pilots flying them.

59 Dano

I've gotta read Ball Four again, by Jim Bouton.
He noted a player that liked to hit people with his billfold.

Can I get some help here, has anyone else read the book?

I read the book and I think it was Maris, who was making around $70k IIRC.

The sequel, I'm Glad You Didn't Take It Personally, is also decent.

floridays

Which is worse?

*A driver's license.
*A pilot's license.

Sure I do and you just proved it, you mentioned none of your daily duties.

The wheels falloff when any of the others the others don't show up in mass for just one segment of only one work day.

floridays

I never thought it was that important or that difficult and there are plenty of people (not you) who are easily smart enough to do it and probably do it very well but will never take even the first step toward advancing their careers. Why they opt to duck and dodge opportunities for better positions and better paychecks is a mystery to me. I mean, I understand the appeal of sitting in the peanut gallery with no sense of responsibility and making snarky remarks about people who stepped up and took on more, but it seems like it would quickly get old and it doesn't pay well.

To each his own.
You get upset when someone makes the same type of "snarky remarks" to you as you dish out.
My guess would be you dished out the initial "snarky remark" if only because you offer the minority view and would seem to be in the position to push back first.
Maybe it's just the silly way I look at things.

Now you're doing what you what you've picked at @vantexan for doing. We've heard a version of what you just posted numerous times.

Congratulations for seizing the day, it makes you a better man.

vantexan

You get upset when someone makes the same type of "snarky remarks" to you as you dish out.
My guess would be you dished out the initial "snarky remark" if only because you offer the minority view and would seem to be in the position to push back first.

Now you're doing what you what you've picked at @vantexan for doing. We've heard a version of what you just posted numerous times.

Congratulations for seizing the day, it makes you a better man.
Essentially this is Dano in a nutshell. If you bring up anything that he's not familiar with his first reaction is to totally discount it, often as the lunacy of a crackpot. Black helicopters and all that. Then if you explain further and it is legitimate after all he just ignores it. I've told him in the past he's arrogant. He's actually toned it down a bit but it sometimes comes out. How can a courier/whatever know more about something than he does? He's achieved so much more in life so is obviously superior. But if he can't explain the fallacy of our argument/belief/experience he just moves on. Can't be perceived as anything less than superior to the working stiffs.

59 Dano

You could be on to something.

59 Dano

Essentially this is Dano in a nutshell. If you bring up anything that he's not familiar with his first reaction is to totally discount it, often as the lunacy of a crackpot. Black helicopters and all that. Then if you explain further and it is legitimate after all he just ignores it.

That never happens.

I've told him in the past he's arrogant. He's actually toned it down a bit but it sometimes comes out. How can a courier/whatever know more about something than he does?

"I've never done that kind of work or had that kind of responsibility or had the obligation to consider things from that type of perspective or been required to produce those kinds of results or had to make those kinds of decisions under those kinds of constraints or any of that. I don't know why someone who comes from that world thinks he knows more about it than someone who didn't, like me."

vantexan

That never happens.

"I've never done that kind of work or had that kind of responsibility or had the obligation to consider things from that type of perspective or been required to produce those kinds of results or had to make those kinds of decisions under those kinds of constraints or any of that. I don't know why someone who comes from that world thinks he knows more about it than someone who didn't, like me."
I've never said you don't know your job. But you are a snob who thinks he automatically knows more than average Joe's about pretty much everything. You know it, don't deny it.