70 HOS exemption for vehicles under 10k LBS

vantexan

I never thought it was that important or that difficult and there are plenty of people (not you) who are easily smart enough to do it and probably do it very well but will never take even the first step toward advancing their careers. Why they opt to duck and dodge opportunities for better positions and better paychecks is a mystery to me. I mean, I understand the appeal of sitting in the peanut gallery with no sense of responsibility and making snarky remarks about people who stepped up and took on more, but it seems like it would quickly get old and it doesn't pay well.

To each his own.
I don't know, maybe they don't want to lie to their employees for a living.

AB831

I never thought it was that important or that difficult and there are plenty of people (not you) who are easily smart enough to do it and probably do it very well but will never take even the first step toward advancing their careers. Why they opt to duck and dodge opportunities for better positions and better paychecks is a mystery to me. I mean, I understand the appeal of sitting in the peanut gallery with no sense of responsibility and making snarky remarks about people who stepped up and took on more, but it seems like it would quickly get old and it doesn't pay well.

To each his own.
LOL “stepped up and took on more”

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I don't know, maybe they don't want to lie to their employees for a living.

Most people would say that it's too stressful, they like their hourly jobs, they like being able to punch-in and punch-out, etc. and everyone would understand. Then there are those who come up with a dumb excuse like that.

AB831

Most people would say that it's too stressful, they like their hourly jobs, they like being able to punch-in and punch-out, etc. and everyone would understand. Then there are those who come up with a dumb excuse like that.
No, I think most people just have better things to do than spending 50+ hours a week justifying their existence, peddling BS from their superiors, and pretending to be important. FedEx ops managers aren’t viewed as successful by anyone other than FedEx ops managers

falcon back

No, I think most people just have better things to do than spending 50+ hours a week justifying their existence, peddling BS from their superiors, and pretending to be important. FedEx ops managers aren’t viewed as successful by anyone other than FedEx ops managers
I like that you say managers work 50+ hrs a week and others complain that their manager works half days and is never at work. Even the complainers can't agree on how many hrs managers work. Why do you care if anyone is viewed as successful? Is what others think of you important? A manager with some seniority makes a very good living, what others think of them shouldn't matter. Some look down on couriers but a topped out couriers also makes a nice living. I couldn't care less what others think of my career choice. There are as many broke people that make upper six figures as there are that make $70k a year.

vantexan

I like that you say managers work 50+ hrs a week and others complain that their manager works half days and is never at work. Even the complainers can't agree on how many hrs managers work. Why do you care if anyone is viewed as successful? Is what others think of you important? A manager with some seniority makes a very good living, what others think of them shouldn't matter. Some look down on couriers but a topped out couriers also makes a nice living. I couldn't care less what others think of my career choice. There are as many broke people that make upper six figures as there are that make $70k a year.
I'm getting by on $22k.

falcon back

I'm getting by on $22k.
Who wants to "get by"? Certainly not me. Retirement is for spoiling yourself with the ability to do what you want and not having to "count pesos" to do it. If I only had 22k to retire on, I would be very disappointed in my life choices. You have lower standards and that is your right.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Who wants to "get by"? Certainly not me. Retirement is for spoiling yourself with the ability to do what you want and not having to "count pesos" to do it. If I only had 22k to retire on, I would be very disappointed in my life choices. You have lower standards and that is your right.
Yet you claimed you only worked 3 FO shifts per week with your supposed "sweet deal." Let's see.... a 12 hour per week paycheck, wow you must have been contributing nothing but chicken feed to your family. I suppose you made your wife work full time plus overtime and a second job on weekends too.

vantexan

But I am doing what I want. Explored the Black Hills of South Dakota yesterday. Is it my fault you can't manage money?

AB831

But I am doing what I want. Explored the Black Hills of South Dakota yesterday. Is it my fault you can't manage money?
You're out enjoying some of the most beautiful scenery in America while he's on the internet gloating about how much better he supposedly has it than you. Who sounds like the winner and who sounds like the loser here? I know it's completely on the other side of the state, but Sioux Falls is a very pretty prairie town with a beautiful waterfall right in the middle of the city square. If you're heading east, I'd definitely recommend going I-90 to go see it.

vantexan

You're out enjoying some of the most beautiful scenery in America while he's on the internet gloating about how much better he supposedly has it than you. Who sounds like the winner and who sounds like the loser here? I know it's completely on the other side of the state, but Sioux Falls is a very pretty prairie town with a beautiful waterfall right in the middle of the city square. If you're heading east, I'd definitely recommend going I-90 to go see it.
I've been there twice. Definitely a great town. From here think I'm heading to Bismarck, ND by way of the Badlands and Pierre, SD. Have always wanted to see Pierre. And the way I'm living on $22k. Sleeping in my Element and showering at Planet Fitness. Next year will have an apartment in Argentina but for now I sleep pretty well with the cool nights they have up this way.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

It sounds so familiar.