705 and 710 forced to accept contract.

Maplewood

Serious question. If we vote no and we reach all thresholds. Then what kind of power does national have. Not interested in opinions just the facts
Everone is forced to continue on with the "staus quo" until an agreement, strike, or lockout happens. Both sides are legally bound to abide by the rule of NLRB. That means old contract doesnt expire.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
clearly benefits UPS and takes away any pressure on the company brought by a potential no vote...also lets UPS hang onto money that would be paid out in this year and lets them pay it out next year...etc.

You have some interesting view points.

But.... I'm guessing this is your first contract vote ?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
clearly benefits UPS and takes away any pressure on the company brought by a potential no vote...also lets UPS hang onto money that would be paid out in this year and lets them pay it out next year...etc.
You have some interesting view points.

But.... I'm guessing this is your first contract vote ?
Perhaps he was watching closely and derived his conclusions from how the IBT left UPS Freight out to dry when the IBT "ratified" a series of rejected small package contract initiatives. including the National Master?

....all predicated our General President "interpreting" the IBT Constitution completely differently than he did five years prior???

UPS Freight was left out on a limb, by their selves, after being sold a bill of goods that we were "in this together".

What a shame....

~Bbbl~™

2Down2Many2Go

it says, in red letters:
IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE YOUR PACKET BY DECEMBER 19, 2018, CALL THE HALL IMMEDIATELY TO BE RE-CREDENTIALED AND HAVE A NEW PACKET SENT TO YOU.

710 UPS Package Members: Get Ready to VOTE!

Right on their website.

And yes, the votes won't be counted till next month. The ballots went out Friday.

And no, the teamsters aren't a shipping company...they just happen to be associated with one. I'll bet they could even work out a reduced rate!
My bad I thought you were talking about 705, carry on .

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Okay.

So quick update on the absent ballots.

Local steward called into the union hall, and apparently there is some sort of glitch. (710).
They are apparently going to send them out next week, and said we should have till about January 19th to actually vote on the stuff.

Can't actually confirm that the union guy said that, but assuming my steward is being honest.

So directly after being told we get the ballots next week, I get my ballot... :rolleyes:

If I can find my scanner over the weekend, I'll upload it here, so y'all who don't yet have it.

@BigUnionGuy you always defend the union, why can't they just upload the darn thing so that everyone can read it for themselves???

Anyhow. And to edit my statement about the vote deadline, it is January 11th at noon.

zimbomb

I'm voting no. There is contract language about bonus pay being offered to all. 22.4 is the reason I'm voting no, part-time seniority will be worthless with full time combo on shift.

Attachments

• IMG_20181221_083507.jpg
    IMG_20181221_083507.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 134

Blackbeauty7123

So directly after being told we get the ballots next week, I get my ballot... :rolleyes:

If I can find my scanner over the weekend, I'll upload it here, so y'all who don't yet have it.

@BigUnionGuy you always defend the union, why can't they just upload the darn thing so that everyone can read it for themselves???

Anyhow. And to edit my statement about the vote deadline, it is January 11th at noon.

Can you upload yours please? Still waiting for mine to show up. No need to dig out your old school scanner just download an app on your phone called Tiny Scanner...

UPSjedi41

The biggest change from the Master for drivers is RPCD guaranteed 8 hours x5 for Mon-Fri. There is no “when work is available” clause. 22.4 don’t appear to have 9.5 protections but are eligible for 8 hour requests after 6 months.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
The biggest change from the Master for drivers is RPCD guaranteed 8 hours x5 for Mon-Fri. There is no “when work is available” clause. 22.4 don’t appear to have 9.5 protections but are eligible for 8 hour requests after 6 months.

As per my BA, here in 710, the combo drivers will have 9.5 protections. Supposedly we have some sort of letter from the company stating that, but didn't have it put in the contract because everyone else didn't get it.

I'm guessing for all intents and purposes, that can be considered a "verbal agreement", and just about as enforceable.

cachmeifucan

That is what he is telling you so you vote yes. Vote no send them back to the table. If there isn't enough work on Monday layoffs. No 22.4 won't work Mondays they will be working Tuesday through Saturday.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
As per my BA, here in 710, the combo drivers will have 9.5 protections. Supposedly we have some sort of letter from the company stating that, but didn't have it put in the contract because everyone else didn't get it.

I'm guessing for all intents and purposes, that can be considered a "verbal agreement", and just about as enforceable.

You were not born yesterday were you?

Memorandum of understanding

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
That is what he is telling you so you vote yes. Vote no send them back to the table. If there isn't enough work on Monday layoffs. No 22.4 won't work Mondays they will be working Tuesday through Saturday.

Oh, I know. I already voted though, so he was wasting his time.

You were not born yesterday were you?

Closer to yesterday than most of you old fogeys. ;) But I trust my BA about as far as I could throw him.

cachmeifucan

Everyone else contract is almost settled and believe me if it's not in contract it not true

cachmeifucan

Just sent my vote no ballot. I bet it doesn't pass in 705. Just hope we hit the thresholds although we never took a strike vote should be interesting. About 3 weeks away. Talked to a couple 710 drivers they all voting no.