705 and 710 forced to accept contract.

DOK

babboo25

Banned
“Defined protections for 25.13 Combination Drivers and Regular Package Car Drivers as a result of the new classification”

How this isn’t in every supplement or the National Master is beyond me.
Yea I’m curious to hear what all is included in that.

F

Frankie's Friend

Again you’re either against “two-tier” or you’re for it?!?! They both fit the definition of what you call “two-tier”! Same job, less pay.
It's not the same job. Come on. Theyd call the new job 22.3 as well.
Not only that, never mind. This is such a worn out dirge.

babboo25

Banned
E0720DC2-61AA-4C01-A1E8-A1A330674DAF.png
What is 25.13?
This was in last contract, 25.13 is the new hybrid position, 25.11 is original combo

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
What do you mean "final offers" or not?

Yes, subsection b) is for offers and subsection d) is for final offers.

Black and white.

The issue is whether it was a final offer or not.

Section d is for strike votes. Section a states an offer must be considered final before being put to a vote. Section b outlines procedures for renegotiating after a final offer is voted down. If a final offer is renegotiated, it is no longer a final offer, hence the "final offer or not" statement.

Section d outlines the procedure for a strike authorization vote. If a separate vote is not conducted, the members can authorize a strike by voting down a final offer in accordance with the 50% - 2/3 rule. Without a strike authorization, the negotiators have little leverage in getting the company back to the table, so they would then be required to accept the offer as is, or with whatever changes they can get the company to agree to. We authorized a strike, so we either renegotiate in accordance with section b, or we strike. The negotiating committee had no authority to impose the contract. That's my stance on it, and it is supported by the language in the Article XII of the constitution in its entirety, not from just cherry picking the sections that fit any particular agenda.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Once upon a time, we never had part-time workers either????
Now it's 65%...

We should be very concerned with maintaining and expanding the 22.3 worker ranks at UPS.
After all, we all know many co-workers who were able to use these positions to make it to retirement.

Who knows, the next one could be you....or me???

I agree that we need to at least maintain and possibly expand.

One of the problems is that in most areas, this full-time job may be a split shift. Morning preload and evening reload.

My point still stands. Some of these part-timers that say they want a full-time job but don't want to drive.

Most of them, if any of them, wouldn't get any of these 22.3 jobs anyway.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I agree that we need to at least maintain and possibly expand.

One of the problems is that in most areas, this full-time job may be a split shift. Morning preload and evening reload.

My point still stands. Some of these part-timers that say they want a full-time job but don't want to drive.

Most of them, if any of them, wouldn't get any of these 22.3 jobs anyway.
You want a full time job or u don’t. These guys that are 2 scared to go driving piss me off. Yeah it’s not easy. But you want big boy pay, take the big boy job. Period.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Section d is for strike votes. Section a states an offer must be considered final before being put to a vote. Section b outlines procedures for renegotiating after a final offer is voted down. If a final offer is renegotiated, it is no longer a final offer, hence the "final offer or not" statement.

Section d outlines the procedure for a strike authorization vote. If a separate vote is not conducted, the members can authorize a strike by voting down a final offer in accordance with the 50% - 2/3 rule. Without a strike authorization, the negotiators have little leverage in getting the company back to the table, so they would then be required to accept the offer as is, or with whatever changes they can get the company to agree to. We authorized a strike, so we either renegotiate in accordance with section b, or we strike. The negotiating committee had no authority to impose the contract. That's my stance on it, and it is supported by the language in the Article XII of the constitution in its entirety, not from just cherry picking the sections that fit any particular agenda.

You are inferring what you thing the Constitution says.

It says nothing about Section d) only implying to strike votes.

While it does apply to strike votes, it also applies to agreement ratification votes, hence the word "and"

to conduct agreement ratification votes and strike votes