705 sells out members

cachmeifucan

Yeah because if you file it takes months IF you ever get paid. I can jus image the retaliation for. Who on here really thinks that if you file a grievance for 2 hours ups is going to pay 180 and that's at 30 a hour. I'm definitely going to file I highly doubt IL see 1$

cachmeifucan

I'm sure we will get retro. But do anyone really thinks If you make 11$ a hour your getting a retro check for 4$ for every hour you worked since August 1st your a fool. Not saying you but anyone. Probably all getting screwed somehow. Should know more Sunday

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Tony q. laguna and 542 are the establishment pushover liking your sorry opinion. What do you have against facts am I wrong
I don’t have anything against your facts just against your miserable negativity. Like I said it’s not healthy.. good thing we have good mental insurance coverage though, might want to go talk to someone.

cachmeifucan

So no catch up raises just like I predicted....
The way it reads leads me to believe that you will go to 15 but receive no retro. Not sure but it's ups expect the worst pray for the best. If you making 10.35 get bumped to 15 that's a difference of 4.65 a hour for approximately 25 hours. It will be over 20 weeks before it's settled that's over 2,000. And I been there 22 years I get a .70 raise for 40 hours that's 618 for 22 weeks.

cachmeifucan

I don’t have anything against your facts just against your miserable negativity. Like I said it’s not healthy.. good thing we have good mental insurance coverage though, might want to go talk to someone.
What am I saying that isn't true. And it's not my fault all I wanted was 5 dollars over 5 years no 22.4 better language for 9.5 and maybe 50 22.3. Jobs. Our pension is well funded.

Waldo

I think the bonuses will stop when the new pay rate goes into effect. That was my understanding when I was originally offered it. It was supposed to stop Aug 1st but keeps getting extended since no new contract. I could see it come back for next peak year depending on the job market.

cachmeifucan

Yeah if it ever discontinue then gets reinstated you won't get it an new hires will be making more than you.. are you also entitled to retro pay because the bonus doesn't have anything to do with base pay. That supposedly how they won in arbitration.

Waldo

Everyone I’ve asked has said I’d get a retro check. The only loophole I’m concerned about is I got hired in early July, but didn’t hit seniority until mid August. So since I was still on my 30-day probationary period on Aug 1st I could see ups saying I wasn’t an employee yet and deny any retro.

Say a new hire started today (Nov 16th). Would they get a retro check for the next few weeks until this is finalized?

542thruNthru

Everyone I’ve asked has said I’d get a retro check. The only loophole I’m concerned about is I got hired in early July, but didn’t hit seniority until mid August. So since I was still on my 30-day probationary period on Aug 1st I could see ups saying I wasn’t an employee yet and deny any retro.

Say a new hire started today (Nov 16th). Would they get a retro check for the next few weeks until this is finalized?

You should still get the retro pay as of Aug 1st

cachmeifucan

So if someone is at 10.35 a hour. You think ups will pay 4.65 a hour for every hour since August 1st. I hope they get it but hard to believe. .70 a hour raise×40 hours = 28. Now minus union dues go up, inflation is going up. Taxes in Illinois about to go way up. Vote nada

IGotARock

So if someone is at 10.35 a hour. You think ups will pay 4.65 a hour for every hour since August 1st. I hope they get it but hard to believe. .70 a hour raise×40 hours = 28. Now minus union dues go up, inflation is going up. Taxes in Illinois about to go way up. Vote nada
What argument would they have against retro pay? I know you're having a pity party, but the contract ended August 1st, and under past practices, we have been given retro checks. So yeah, it's going to cost them. But their wages have been extremely low for the Chicago area for a long time. It SHOULD cost them.