705 strike... whats it about?

D

deodorant

Sometimes when these huge topics come up its hard to sift through all the info and figure out whats going on. I find this potential strike to be interesting news, but i through all my reading i can't find why its happening? So I'll just throw the question out there..... What is perpetuating this strike? Is there a huge labor issue in question here?

worldwide

"What is perpetuating this strike?"

Great question. Can we get simple answers?

What is wrong with the national agreement and the agreement that 710 signed? What SPECIFICALLY in those agreements does 710 object to?

What does 710 want different that what is in the national agreement and the 710 agreement?

Why should 705 and 710 be treated any different than the rest of the UPS Temsters?

Thanks

After you put in 30, you should have the rest of your life to vacate.
Enjoy your week, then back to work, slave.

Believe it or not we can`t get get some guys to leave. Number 1 on our board has 41 years and counting. I on the other hand will run screaming when I get to 25 friend.t.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Believe it or not we can`t get get some guys to leave. Number 1 on our board has 41 years and counting. I on the other hand will run screaming when I get to 25 friend.t.

Perhaps 41 and counting has not taken the time to get his financial ducks in a row and thus has to work. (Maybe his wife is a :censored2: and he would rather work than be at home with her.) I hope that you have your stuff together and will be able to run screaming at 25.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Not really just making up for the sick days and personal holidays others get.
We dont want ptime package drivers thus we withdrew our sick day proposal.

But when people are working 8.5 hours on their 8 hour day we will be working 8 hours.

We also dont have to sign up for 9.5 we just grieve it and get triple time.

When a sup works they cant say it as an emergency or an act of god.

Nice try to spin things tie, you know i have lost some respect for you now.

I know you take it more than your share because you are outspoken and a sup on here, but usually you could argue and debate facts to prove your points. Not in these threads however.

Perhaps 41 and counting has not taken the time to get his financial ducks in a row and thus has to work. (Maybe his wife is a :censored2: and he would rather work than be at home with her.) I hope that you have your stuff together and will be able to run screaming at 25.
Actually #1 has a lot of real estate in OK and is set but he has this "legacy" mentality of being able to leave as much as he can to his children. You are right though,we have guys on their third wife and umpteenth kid,who are scratching for every dime.
As far as my stuff I was smart(she says lucky) enough to marry someone who makes little money into big money for a living so I`m all set. I`m just staying till 25 friend.t. for the free cake.