705 strike... whats it about?

705red

Browncafe Steward
Red,

I think you forgot to tell me how you raised the starting wage to 10:50. You remember that would have been a strike issue? You did raise the starting wage didn't you?

How bout that dollar an hour did you get that?

Did you get the 10 cents better then nma that 710 got? how could 710 get that without waving the gun around and peeing their pants?

keystone cops could have done better Red.
Tie this is a great contract minus the starting wages for ptimers. And truthfully theres a little voice in my head that would love to see the ptimers stand up and vote no so we could go back to the table and get more. I wouldnt take it personally its their right. Now its up to the members.
Where is this great contract that 705 got posted? I didn't see it on their website. They must have stopped informing the members. It doesn't sound like they have caught up with what other supplements have yet.

Why dont you post what you have in your supplement?

Then i can show you what we had prior to this contract and what we are walking away with. It might not be as good as yours, but i can promise we came farther in these talks then you did.

How would you know what we are doing or have done? Didnt you say in a post this wekend that you live across the street from your manager and you to hang out all the time? Remember its knit 1 than pearl 2.

705red

Browncafe Steward
If thats the case then you really dont even need to be a part of a Union. That "every man for himself", or in your case "every local for themselves", attitude is contradictory to the whole definition of a union. All you 705 strikers might as well opt out of the teamsters, cuz you dont have anything valuable to contribute to it.
You need to understand that you are being fueled by brain washed management. We never said we were better, we never said we wanted more money, we did however say that we were going to protect our current ftime jobs that you in the national did not. We did say that we were going to stop subcontracting and we have.

All do respect if you read what we have gained and im stressing this point without giving up anything, you would realize that you didnt have to settle for less.

You do know that tie, bloody and drewed are sups not teamsters. And truthfully their a little embarassed that little chicago stood up and earned a decent contract and were not steamrolled by ups.

Bloodybrown

You need to understand that you are being fueled by brain washed management. We never said we were better, we never said we wanted more money, we did however say that we were going to protect our current ftime jobs that you in the national did not. We did say that we were going to stop subcontracting and we have.

All do respect if you read what we have gained and im stressing this point without giving up anything, you would realize that you didnt have to settle for less.

You do know that tie, bloody and drewed are sups not teamsters. And truthfully their a little embarassed that little chicago stood up and earned a decent contract and were not steamrolled by ups.

Red, quit smokin that stuff your non thinking clearly!!

tieguy

Banned
Tie this is a great contract minus the starting wages for ptimers. And truthfully theres a little voice in my head that would love to see the ptimers stand up and vote no so we could go back to the table and get more. I wouldnt take it personally its their right. Now its up to the members.

Why dont you post what you have in your supplement?

Then i can show you what we had prior to this contract and what we are walking away with. It might not be as good as yours, but i can promise we came farther in these talks then you did.

How would you know what we are doing or have done? Didnt you say in a post this wekend that you live across the street from your manager and you to hang out all the time? Remember its knit 1 than pearl 2.

you are so insecure. If you feel you have a great contract then there really is no need for you to respond is there?

tieguy

Banned

We were embarrassed at the sight of 705 officials wetting their pants and panicking at the first sight of negotiations. We really thought your people would hold up better instead of peeing all over the hotels furniture.

paidslave

We were embarrassed at the sight of 705 officials wetting their pants and panicking at the first sight of negotiations. We really thought your people would hold up better instead of peeing all over the hotels furniture.

HA HA HA! Okay TIE! I have to admit, You made me laugh with this post........

Funny post but the 705 officials know how the membership felt with a strike vote behind them. Peeing all over or not we did come out better!

:peaceful:

moreluck

golden ticket member
The new 705 Contract.......partial.......

New Company Policies
> Dress Code:
> - You are advised to come to work dressed according to your salary.
> - If we see you wearing Prada shoes and carrying a Gucci bag, we will
> assume you are doing well financially and therefore do not need a
> raise.
> - If you dress poorly, you need to learn to manage your money better,
> so that you may buy nicer clothes, and therefore you do not need a
> raise.
> - If you dress just right, you are right where you need to be and
> therefore you do not need a raise.
>
> Sick Days:
> We will no longer accept a doctor's statement as proof of sickness. If
> you are able to go to the doctor; you are able to come to work.
>
> Personal Days:
> Each employee will receive 104 personal days a year. They are called
> Saturdays & Sundays.
>
> Bereavement Leave:
> This is no excuse for missing work. There is nothing you can do for
> dead friends, relatives or co-workers. Every effort should be made to
> have non-employees attend the funeral arrangements. In rare cases
> where employee involvement is necessary, the funeral should be
> scheduled in the late afternoon. We will be glad to allow you to work
> through your lunch hour and subsequently leave one hour early.
>
> Bathroom Breaks:
> Entirely too much time is being spent in the toilet. There is now a
> strict three-minute time limit in the stalls. At the end of three
> minutes, an alarm will sound, the toilet paper roll will retract, the
> stall door will open, and a picture will be taken. After your second
> offense, your picture will be posted on the company bulletin board
> under the 'Chronic Offenders' category. Anyone caught smiling in the
> picture will be sanctioned under the company's mental health policy.
>
> Lunch Break:
> - Skinny people get 30 minutes for lunch, as they need to eat more, so
> that they can look healthy.
> - Normal size people get 15 minutes for lunch to get a balanced meal
> to maintain their average figure.
>
> - Chubby people get 5 minutes for lunch, because that's all the time
> needed to drink a Slim-Fast.
>
> Thank you for your loyalty to our company. We are here to provide a
> positive employment experience. Therefore, all questions, comments,
> concerns, complaints, frustrations, irritations, aggravations,
> insinuations, allegations, accusations, contemplations, consternation
> and input should be directed elsewhere.
>

tieguy

Banned
HA HA HA! Okay TIE! I have to admit, You made me laugh with this post........

Funny post but the 705 officials know how the membership felt with a strike vote behind them. Peeing all over or not we did come out better!

:peaceful:

I'm thinking this child may be the president of 705

BigBrownSanta

The new 705 Contract.......partial.......

New Company Policies
> Dress Code:
> - You are advised to come to work dressed according to your salary.
> - If we see you wearing Prada shoes and carrying a Gucci bag, we will
> assume you are doing well financially and therefore do not need a
> raise.
> - If you dress poorly, you need to learn to manage your money better,
> so that you may buy nicer clothes, and therefore you do not need a
> raise.
> - If you dress just right, you are right where you need to be and
> therefore you do not need a raise.
>
> Sick Days:
> We will no longer accept a doctor's statement as proof of sickness. If
> you are able to go to the doctor; you are able to come to work.
>
> Personal Days:
> Each employee will receive 104 personal days a year. They are called
> Saturdays & Sundays.
>
> Bereavement Leave:
> This is no excuse for missing work. There is nothing you can do for
> dead friends, relatives or co-workers. Every effort should be made to
> have non-employees attend the funeral arrangements. In rare cases
> where employee involvement is necessary, the funeral should be
> scheduled in the late afternoon. We will be glad to allow you to work
> through your lunch hour and subsequently leave one hour early.
>
> Bathroom Breaks:
> Entirely too much time is being spent in the toilet. There is now a
> strict three-minute time limit in the stalls. At the end of three
> minutes, an alarm will sound, the toilet paper roll will retract, the
> stall door will open, and a picture will be taken. After your second
> offense, your picture will be posted on the company bulletin board
> under the 'Chronic Offenders' category. Anyone caught smiling in the
> picture will be sanctioned under the company's mental health policy.
>
> Lunch Break:
> - Skinny people get 30 minutes for lunch, as they need to eat more, so
> that they can look healthy.
> - Normal size people get 15 minutes for lunch to get a balanced meal
> to maintain their average figure.
>
> - Chubby people get 5 minutes for lunch, because that's all the time
> needed to drink a Slim-Fast.
>
> Thank you for your loyalty to our company. We are here to provide a
> positive employment experience. Therefore, all questions, comments,
> concerns, complaints, frustrations, irritations, aggravations,
> insinuations, allegations, accusations, contemplations, consternation
> and input should be directed elsewhere.
>

Looks like moreluck found that UPS management book that UPS Lifer said didn't exist.

tieguy

Banned
I see service failures because of this, as you and cach mentioned before most people live 45 mins to 1.5 hrs away from Cach; if belts die, systems fail to make all the phone calls and get people in lets say it takes an hr, how many trailors is that? how many packages? how long can that throw off the rest of the country?

I would imagine this is really a cosmetic issue. I would think panels would agree with the companys rights to make service during acts of god. A panel has to rule on contractual interpretation and original intent. One of your basic intents would be the company thriving in its core business pursuits as long as all other options to work union employees were exhausted. I'll be interested to see the wording if 705 ever decides to post the contract.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I would imagine this is really a cosmetic issue. I would think panels would agree with the companys rights to make service during acts of god. A panel has to rule on contractual interpretation and original intent. One of your basic intents would be the company thriving in its core business pursuits as long as all other options to work union employees were exhausted. I'll be interested to see the wording if 705 ever decides to post the contract.
The contract is now currently available online.
http://www.teamsterslocal705.org/ups_tentative_agreement.htm