710 in Trusteeship

jpf75

can they force the contract on us!!! Im calling the hall today. I was told on Monday that they was sending the last contract that we voted on out to vote and then I hear this something smells fishy.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I skimmed through the IRB report last night. The ST of 710 and possibly even some of the e-board aren't just facing lifetime bans from the IBT, but will liklely see jail time.

Unreported/authorized loans from pension and health & welfare funds, embezzlement, perjury, misrepresenting the finances to the membership and more. The IRB report reads like some old school Jackie Presser :censored2:.

It's pretty bad when a guy raking in something like $350k/year in salary feels the need to turn his local into a personal piggy bank. Almost all of the local agents/officers and above (IBT trade reps, international VPs, etc.) are essentially working/on-call 24/7 and deserve to be taken care of financially. But how the hell can you represent the interests of someone making $25k a year when you're making almost 15 times what they do?

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
If the majority of Part-timers make $15,000 they are putting some serious hours in. But the majority of part-timers don't even come close to making $1,000 per month.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Junior part-timers working roughly 4-5 hours a day can expect to clear $15,000 - $18,000/year. I'm a senior PT'er and I gross about $24-25k/year at UPS. This includes working as many hours as I can during my regular sort, doubles nearly every day during peak and the few that fall to me during the rest of the year.

Not trying to get into a numbers debate, the point remains the same.

jpf75

I asked my ba if they were going to force the contract on us. he said he didn't know..i think ups new the whole time, that's why they were done!!! the last time I remember the union works for us we don't work for them. everybody in 710 should be calling the hall every day voicing there opinion!! but u have members that will sit around and bitch about it, but they wont do anything about it!!!

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/710-705.356982/page-5#ixzz39BwUcozo