$75 million?????

UPSER1987

yeah maybe in podunk centers in the middle of nowhere, but those places practically run themselves so they still have a lot of free time if they know how to stay organized

also someone’s never heard of baseplans jesus christ

You must be retired and have zero idea. Not talking podunk , talking about a building of 300 plus drivers and a preload that is a smile* show everyday. The pds has to pick his/her poison...

The only people that know of baseplans are the ones that have never done the job

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
No one and I mean absolutely no one in operations is taking on a task that takes 1 to 2 years. So pretty much what you're telling me is it will never get fixed
and that’s what i’m saying

it’s literally their job to improve the dispatch; so what if they can’t fix everything in 1 day with the push of a button? persistent effort would have fixed it by now if even a couple PDS had broken that cycle in any given center

there’s a lot of :censored2: in IE that needs fixing, doesn’t mean i get to sit back and say YEAH THATS MESSED UP OH WELL ::SIIIP:: NOT MY JOB TO FIX

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
You must be retired and have zero idea. Not talking podunk , talking about a building of 300 plus drivers and a preload that is a smile* show everyday. The pds has to pick his/her poison...

The only people that know of baseplans are the ones that have never done the job
you have a completely :censored2:ed up building then if they don’t even know what a base plan is

542thruNthru

it’s literally their job to improve the dispatch; so what if they can’t fix everything in 1 day with the push of a button? persistent effort would have fixed it by now if even a couple PDS had broken that cycle in any given center

there’s a lot of :censored2: in IE that needs fixing, doesn’t mean i get to sit back and say YEAH THATS MESSED UP OH WELL ::SIIIP:: NOT MY JOB TO FIX

Ok, I can't understand that. You just always come across like it's some easy fix PDS can do. Now I understand why it's not happening.

Again I think my PDS is a hard worker but I dont see him dealing with a 1 year project until he's forced too.

Probably why we are not held to any ORION numbers.

UPSER1987

That’s a load of bs. Cut routes...add routes...not enough preload/drivers...pkgs up to the ceiling...when does the pds fix anything? But I do see the ie guys getting a drink of water in groups of 4 and 5

UPSER1987

you have a completely :censored2:ed up building then if they don’t even know what a base plan is

That went right right over your head...oh well.
And yeah the building is fd up...so how does the pds go about this methodical process that so easy, that no one can show him/her how to do it?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
That went right right over your head...oh well.
And yeah the building is fd up...so how does the pds go about this methodical process that so easy, that no one can show him/her how to do it?
you listen to drivers complaints and track down the root cause where the tech isn’t doing something logical:
parameters first, then the map, then the DOL; rinse and repeat

UPSER1987

you listen to drivers complaints and track down the root cause where the tech isn’t doing something logical:
parameters first, then the map, then the DOL; rinse and repeat

Ok I’ll pass that along...everything is so easy.

I’m thinking you’re only familiar with podunk centers...

35years

Gravy route
Then you just know it on paper... not in an actual operation
He is a part timer to IE promotion.
No real experience on how actual routes run. Perhaps a few months.

My ORION team (and several after) tried to "fix" how ORION works on my route.

None of the solutions worked if all the relevant info was imputed. We are talking a year and a half of attempts by the lead IE guys. Try imputing 50 scattered businesses, many having early closing times, over a huge geographical area. ORION solutions yielded outcomes that added 20-60 miles a day. They tried everything. It would work 1 or 2 days a week if stops were light, cutting 2 miles a day then costing 20+ miles a day 3 days a week.

Eventually they removed the closing times to yield solutions that were close to what I normally ran. The problem is that I still had to get to the commercial stops before they closed. So I would either run ORION (breaking off to avoid missed stops) and add many miles, or ignore ORION and cut miles and time.

They eventually begged me to stop running ORION.

Here is how a day could go (same stops, same day)....
My way .............................................................200 miles
ORION projection with close times programmed in....230 miles
ORION projection with no close times ....................170 miles

Now the 170 is unobtainable without missed stops. So if I ran ORION, and broke off for missed, I would put on 220 miles on a 170 projection.

So they have bounced around the plans, sometimes mirroring RDO, sometimes completely letting ORION run wild with no AM/PM stops named.

A complete disaster.

Last edited:

UPSER1987

What looks good on paper just doesn’t translate to real life. You’re looking at things best case scenario and that’s never the case. You are either really new and doing what you are told with no life experience or really old and not in the game of day to day operations and have lost perspective.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
What looks good on paper just doesn’t translate to real life. You’re looking at things best case scenario and that’s never the case. You are either really new and doing what you are told with no life experience or really old and not in the game of day to day operations and have lost perspective.
you’re wrong

i’ve explained it as best i can without putting you in front of DPS for a week sorry

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
He is a part timer to IE promotion.
No real experience on how actual routes run. Perhaps a few months.

My ORION team (and several after) tried to "fix" how ORION works on my route.

None of the solutions worked if all the relevant info was imputed. We are talking a year and a half of attempts by the lead IE guys. Try imputing 50 scattered businesses, many having early closing times, over a huge geographical area. ORION solutions yielded outcomes that added 20-60 miles a day. They tried everything. It would work 1 or 2 days a week if stops were light, cutting 2 miles a day then costing 20+ miles a day 3 days a week.

Eventually they removed the closing times to yield solutions that were close to what I normally ran. The problem is that I still had to get to the commercial stops before they closed. So I would either run ORION (breaking off to avoid missed stops) and add many miles, or ignore ORION and cut miles and time.

They eventually begged me to stop running ORION.

Here is how a day could go (same stops, same day)....
My way .............................................................200 miles
ORION projection with close times programmed in....230 miles
ORION projection with no close times ....................170 miles

Now the 170 is unobtainable without missed stops. So if I ran ORION, and broke off for missed, I would put on 220 miles on a 170 projection.

So they have bounced around the plans, sometimes mirroring RDO, sometimes completely letting ORION run wild with no AM/PM stops named.

A complete disaster.

This is my exact experience as well with ORION. On some days, it basically mirrors the old RDO and life is easy. Then on other days, it's all over the place, telling me to do pickups and dropoffs at the same time in the morning despite pickups not being ready till 4pm. Telling me to do business deliveries after pickups end at 5pm. Telling me to go to a single place three different times, one for NDA, one for NDA savers, and the final time for the ground. Oh not to mention a lot of those places are pickups so that makes four times. Just a bunch of nonsense.