$75 million?????

jbrockins

you go on a good rant only to admit that, at the core of it, your PDS is totally incompetent

nothing works right if you have a dummy behind it, even a package car :)
somewhat true, however orion wants you to go across lakes, non-existent roads, and if in a urban area, drive by stops, only to deliver them later in the day.

jbrockins

you go on a good rant only to admit that, at the core of it, your PDS is totally incompetent

nothing works right if you have a dummy behind it, even a package car :)
somewhat true, however orion wants you to go across lakes, non-existent roads, and if in a
I wonder this too. Yesterday I had one that as the crow flies was right over the mountain but was about 4 miles to go around. I was supposed to drive by two stops on the same road to do it.
happens all the time. here is another good point. when you see orion on computer screen, it shows dispatch management system. meaning the only thing gained by it is allowing someone with no clue how deliveries work, plan your day. that being said, today, our center, which is small, should have run 8 routes, but ran 8. i noticed 6 stops along my route in a small town, population 108, that were on a separate driver. mentioned it to our part- time incompetent supervisor, only to be told, that even though our center would save 12 miles on that small change, we were not allowed to change anything in order to keep 9 routes. seems to me, that you need to follow the money, the more routes, the more money they make. before orion, or dispatch management system, people would have been fired for padding the numbers.

rod

Retired 22 years
Peanuts can be a terrible allergy. But every mom acts like their kid is gonna if one is in the room. My nephew has a peanut allergy.

Tons of research shows if they are exposed super early the chances of being allergic go way down.
Tim Allen on Last man Standing says if any country wants to take over the USA all they have to do is bombard us with Skippy peanut butter. That would get rid of half the population.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
that is not how it was designed, but it does require the map/road characteristics be accurate to get a good solution

Who exactly do we need to get with to set ORION up correctly? I've tried asking onroads, the AM dispatch person, center manager, and none of them could help me. When Orion was first being set up every route driver went with a person from the tech folks who were supposed to set up the parameters. Unfortunately my guy started having back pains right after we finished delivering the air so he had to be picked up. I never got another ride along and as a result I've got all kinds of messed up parameters resulting in ODO being totally useless. I just want to sit down with someone and get it all fixed so I can finally see ODO make some sense. As it is now I just completely ignore it.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
You're making their problem your problem.
Don't do that.
When they feel like fixing it they will.

Not really. I do my route the same way now as I did before ORION even existed. I don't know my ORION compliance percentage, don't care, and never been spoken to about it. The reason I want to get it fixed is sheer curiosity. I want to see if once the parameters are fixed, if it would actually come up with a decent plan to run the route.

As it is now if I followed ORION I'd have missed business all over the place. I know some folks would say 'hey you should follow ORION stop for stop and force management to fix the problem once you have a ton of missed'. I don't operate like that. I like my customers and like my job too much to screw up just to spite some ineffective new delivery program. I'd rather get it fixed amicably.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Who exactly do we need to get with to set ORION up correctly? I've tried asking onroads, the AM dispatch person, center manager, and none of them could help me. When Orion was first being set up every route driver went with a person from the tech folks who were supposed to set up the parameters. Unfortunately my guy started having back pains right after we finished delivering the air so he had to be picked up. I never got another ride along and as a result I've got all kinds of messed up parameters resulting in ODO being totally useless. I just want to sit down with someone and get it all fixed so I can finally see ODO make some sense. As it is now I just completely ignore it.
your pds can set parameters or fix your base EDD, or change your map characteristics at any time

all the ORION team did was fix the big glaring issues and set you at an optimal standard, nothing magical that your PDS couldn’t do

542thruNthru

your pds can set parameters or fix your base EDD, or change your map characteristics at any time

all the ORION team did was fix the big glaring issues and set you at an optimal standard, nothing magical that your PDS couldn’t do

Its funny. You make it sound so easy to fix. Yet it never happens.

If Drivers were so inept at their jobs as management/PDS seems to be with ORION we'd be fired.

So all I can think is you're wrong and it's not as easy as it sounds. If I'm wrong tell me why it never gets fixed? Going on almost 4 years in my building and still nothing has changed.

UPSER1987

Not true. If it were that easy it would be done. It takes an excessive amount of time to make EACH change and it has to be corrected in every plan. The pds has to do that plus be on the preload. Everyone thinks everything is so easy

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman

If Drivers were so inept at their jobs as management/PDS seems to be with ORION we'd be fired.

So all I can think is you're wrong and it's not as easy as it sounds. If I'm wrong tell me why it never gets fixed? Going on almost 4 years in my building and still nothing has changed.
it’s easy, it’s just a mammoth task for a whole center

a good pds would spend an hour a day slowly grinding away at known issues; that would add up big time over a year or two

most PDS i’ve met would rather spend that time taking a nap, grabbing a donut, or burning requests for days off

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Not true. If it were that easy it would be done. It takes an excessive amount of time to make EACH change and it has to be corrected in every plan. The pds has to do that plus be on the preload. Everyone thinks everything is so easy
yeah maybe in podunk centers in the middle of nowhere, but those places practically run themselves so they still have a lot of free time if they know how to stay organized

also someone’s never heard of baseplans jesus christ

542thruNthru

it’s easy, it’s just a mammoth task for a whole center

a good pds would spend an hour a day slowly grinding away at known issues; that would add up big time over a year or two

most PDS i’ve met would rather spend that time taking a nap, grabbing a donut, or burning requests for days off

I'm sorry I appreciate the honesty and the info but... lol... 1 to 2 years lol!

No one and I mean absolutely no one in operations is taking on a task that takes 1 to 2 years. So pretty much what you're telling me is it will never get fixed.

My PDS is good at what he does. I believe he's #2 in our district. Never seen him screwing off to be honest.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman

ALSO, many PDS are so poorly trained they either don’t realize they can do this stuff or they don’t have the balls to try it for themselves, so they just fear themselves into never changing anything

“i would but i don’t want to mess anything up”
can’t tell you how many times i’ve heard that bull:censored2: line, meanwhile their drivers are fuming every day at the :censored2: dispatch and it’s all super basic stuff to fix

it’s infuriating to watch