8-1-17 Raise

LeadBelly

Banned
The upper management will receive their. Hundreds of thousands of dollars per year of salary and bonuses I think we deserve our .50 cents an hour!!!!
I don't know what I said that led you to this post, but will leave you with this retort. We all had our chance to be in management and try to go up to the level of upper management. I chose to be an hourly Teamster. Then I chose to fight against the money changers by flipping the tables when I could. This is the path I chose. I did not second guess it. The buck I'm gonna get this year now n two increments is fine by me. I'd rather have that over the course of my career than 80 cents at first.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I don't know what I said that led you to this post, but will leave you with this retort. We all had our chance to be in management and try to go up to the level of upper management. I chose to be an hourly Teamster. Then I chose to fight against the money changers by flipping the tables when I could. This is the path I chose. I did not second guess it. The buck I'm gonna get this year now n two increments is fine by me. I'd rather have that over the course of my career than 80 cents at first.
I agree!!!!

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Spoken like a true concession yielding company man !
Fact

What kind of world do you live in that more money over a long period is worse? Do thoughts in your head ever spend time in there long enough to be discussed by your other personalities? $5 over 5 years is better for the members than $4.50. Simple math. If the majority want it all at one time, I'm on board. If they want the maximum money available over the same period, then split is okay with me.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
$5 over 5 years is better for the members than $4.50. Simple math. If the majority want it all at one time, I'm on board. If they want the maximum money available over the same period, then split is okay with me.
So, are you saying we have been getting short changed in the previous contracts, prior to the recent inception of split raises?
Could we have received bigger raises if that had been the practice all along?

I think not.
It's for sure a concession, not as bad as signing bonuses, but a $1000+ concession none the less.

That being said, my hourly rate has never been a bone of contention for me, as top scale has now doubled since I qualified.
The continual watering down of other facets of the Master and my supplements are my main concern going forward.

anHOURover

What kind of world do you live in that more money over a long period is worse? Do thoughts in your head ever spend time in there long enough to be discussed by your other personalities? $5 over 5 years is better for the members than $4.50. Simple math. If the majority want it all at one time, I'm on board. If they want the maximum money available over the same period, then split is okay with me.
Instead of fighting the concession you just accept it. It's a simple question .
Is $1.00 now better then $.50 now and .50 later ? Simple math brother ! FACT
THE COMPANY HAS THE MONEY
FACT

BrownMonk

So, are you saying we have been getting short changed in the previous contracts, prior to the recent inception of split raises?
Could we have received bigger raises if that had been the practice all along?

I think not.
It's for sure a concession, not as bad as signing bonuses, but a $1000+ concession none the less.

That being said, my hourly rate has never been a bone of contention for me, as top scale has now doubled since I qualified.
The continual watering down of other facets of the Master and my supplements are my main concern going forward.

What I'm saying is that when you ask for $1 an hour and the company says they will only give 90 cents, it is better to take a split of 50/50 than settle for the 90.

BrownMonk

Instead of fighting the concession you just accept it. It's a simple question .
Is $1.00 now better then $.50 now and .50 later ? Simple math brother ! FACT
THE COMPANY HAS THE MONEY
FACT

That's only if there is a dollar to start and you agree to split it equally. You are so busy running your mouth that you don't read the detail.It is more of a benefit to except more if it is split than a whole lesser amount.

anHOURover

That's only if there is a dollar to start and you agree to split it equally. You are so busy running your mouth that you don't read the detail.It is more of a benefit to except more if it is split than a whole lesser amount.
Split raises are a concession PERIOD rookie.
Anyone with any seniority knows the days when they didn't exist !
ITS A CONCESSION SLUGGER !
FACT

BrownMonk

Split raises are a concession PERIOD rookie.
Anyone with any seniority knows the days when they didn't exist !
ITS A CONCESSION SLUGGER !
FACT

I have underwear older than you so you are the rookie. I have 32 years, how about you? I also remember making $10 an hour. You are just a loudmouth with no imagination on how to get to the next level. No sense in talking to you since you have decided to strike no matter what. I hope you get what you want since I can just retire with no real loss. There was a company bigger than UPS right when I started that drove green trucks and had a bunch of guys like you. They all enjoyed looking for new jobs.