8-1-17 Raise

anHOURover

I have underwear older than you so you are the rookie. I have 32 years, how about you? I also remember making $10 an hour. You are just a loudmouth with no imagination on how to get to the next level. No sense in talking to you since you have decided to strike no matter what. I hope you get what you want since I can just retire with no real loss. There was a company bigger than UPS right when I started that drove green trucks and had a bunch of guys like you. They all enjoyed looking for new jobs.
Hey brother
Just retire and enjoy the $500 a month Teamcare bill off the top. Not to mention your copays ! You know it used to be $50 a month for retirees with much better coverage.
It's members like you that give everything away and don't protect the work of those before you. You also wouldn't raise a voice to make conditions better for the unborn.
You should be working down south and opt out of paying dues slugger. I bet you hangout with your sup after work hours.
You disgust me. Fact

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What I'm saying is that when you ask for $1 an hour and the company says they will only give 90 cents, it is better to take a split of 50/50 than settle for the 90.
We get that, but what we don't get is why that door was ever opened?
Split raises were never a part of any contract until the past couple.
Now we fear they will be part of every contract going forward.
If UPS agreed to these split raises, they saved money in the end.

What's next, "bigger" raises every other year?

I'll say it again, UPS has shown no signs of having reached the apex in their market, why should we accept any concessions, of any type?

The last contract was a prefabricated backroom deal, sold on lies, nondisclosure, deception, and half-truths that backfired in historically epic proportions and was eventually imposed.
That word still stings.

While we hope for better days going forward, most of us are guarded in our expectations, with some exhibiting no trust at all.

Can you honestly blame us when all the same people will be sitting at the table, having only played musical chairs?

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Hey brother
Just retire and enjoy the $500 a month Teamcare bill off the top. Not to mention your copays ! You know it used to be $50 a month for retirees with much better coverage.
It's members like you that give everything away and don't protect the work of those before you. You also wouldn't raise a voice to make conditions better for the unborn.
You should be working down south and opt out of paying dues slugger. I bet you hangout with your sup after work hours.
You disgust me. Fact

Just shows how ignorant you are of real life. Almost no company has retiree benefits. You quit the other companies and you have to go looking for benefits elsewhere. Most people stay in a job they hate until at least medicare age so they have benefits in their elder years. You can leave at 52-55 with a full pension and pay a minimal amount for what are considered good benefits by the rest of the world. Even the government considers them "platinum" benefits. Then again, you are the loser that uses your VA benefits and has no idea what the UPS are so you are unable to comment intelligently.

Second point, It is members like me that fought for the good Contracts for many years while you were still trying to hump your mama's leg. I don't remember your loud mouth on the picket line in '97 but I was there. No one crossed here while guys like you were crying like a bunch of school girls.

Third, retiree benefits are new phenomenon. They haven't been around that long and how would you know how good they are when you only use VA benefits and have never been retired. Legally, the Union can't even negotiate these benefits for them. They have to be members of the Union in order to bargain for them(NLRB). The Union is merely(strongly) suggesting to the Company that they should take care of their ex employees. Look it up my illegit son that should have been drowned at birth.

Fourth, I would never work in a Union shop without paying dues. That is for lowlife bottom dwellers like yourself. As for hanging out with sup after work, I don't but would do that rather than spend any time with creton like you if given the choice.

542thruNthru

Just shows how ignorant you are of real life. Almost no company has retiree benefits. You quit the other companies and you have to go looking for benefits elsewhere. Most people stay in a job they hate until at least medicare age so they have benefits in their elder years. You can leave at 52-55 with a full pension and pay a minimal amount for what are considered good benefits by the rest of the world. Even the government considers them "platinum" benefits. Then again, you are the loser that uses your VA benefits and has no idea what the UPS are so you are unable to comment intelligently.

Second point, It is members like me that fought for the good Contracts for many years while you were still trying to hump your mama's leg. I don't remember your loud mouth on the picket line in '97 but I was there. No one crossed here while guys like you were crying like a bunch of school girls.

Third, retiree benefits are new phenomenon. They haven't been around that long and how would you know how good they are when you only use VA benefits and have never been retired. Legally, the Union can't even negotiate these benefits for them. They have to be members of the Union in order to bargain for them(NLRB). The Union is merely(strongly) suggesting to the Company that they should take care of their ex employees. Look it up my illegit son that should have been drowned at birth.

Fourth, I would never work in a Union shop without paying dues. That is for lowlife bottom dwellers like yourself. As for hanging out with sup after work, I don't but would do that rather than spend any time with creton like you if given the choice.

I'm guessing you're arguing with hour since I can't see who you are quoting. It's a waste of time man. We have all fallen into that trap before. Some are stuck in it. ;)

Just ignore him. No one with any sense is going to take what he says as fact. Those who do are so feeble minded that they will change their opinions multiple times before the contract is even voted on. :)

anHOURover

I'm guessing you're arguing with hour since I can't see who you are quoting. It's a waste of time man. We have all fallen into that trap before. Some are stuck in it. ;)

Just ignore him. No one with any sense is going to take what he says as fact. Those who do are so feeble minded that they will change their opinions multiple times before the contract is even voted on. :)
I got you on block too slugger.
I promise to hold up your concessions again brother. You can thank me later
FACT

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver

I should be used to dealing with "Johnny come lately" Union guys but they still get under my skin sometimes. How many companies has he helped organize or done anything else for a brother? Makes me sick. He thinks voting no on a contract where the proposals haven't even been collected is some sort of "I'm the only real teamster" moment. Makes me want to retire soon if he is an example of what is coming up though the Union.

Inthegame

Ohh I think he got all of that one...it's a Cinderella story, from outta nowhere to the Masters!

I didnt get one....but when I do....

Attachments

• diddybop.gif
    diddybop.gif
    702 KB · Views: 107

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We get that, but what we don't get is why that door was ever opened?
Split raises were never a part of any contract until the past couple.
Now we fear they will be part of every contract going forward.
If UPS agreed to these split raises, they saved money in the end.

What's next, "bigger" raises every other year?

I'll say it again, UPS has shown no signs of having reached the apex in their market, why should we accept any concessions, of any type?

The last contract was a prefabricated backroom deal, sold on lies, nondisclosure, deception, and half-truths that backfired in historically epic proportions and was eventually imposed.
That word still stings.

While we hope for better days going forward, most of us are guarded in our expectations, with some exhibiting no trust at all.

Can you honestly blame us when all the same people will be sitting at the table, having only played musical chairs?
the company is getting very ingenious with some of the contract language... maybe the union should become the same way... think outside the box....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I got you on block too slugger.
I promise to hold up your concessions again brother. You can thank me later
FACT
Good, my wife never knew about the last retro check and I'm hoping this next contract gets dragged on so I can sneak another nice check past the wife....you know what I'm saying big time....

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
the company is getting very ingenious with some of the contract language... maybe the union should become the same way... think outside the box....
The ink isn't even dry before the Company is scheming how they can circumvent the language they just negotiated "in good faith".

In my opinion, this union needs to adopt a more rigid stance in defense of "the intent" of the language.

Way too many head scratching decisions.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
in the glass half empty side at the X 2 1/2 hourly wage union dues formula that's a $1.25 more per month to the IBT. At my $25.05 PT rate I put the extra $10.00 in the Teamster 401K. Glass half full. I have $100K+ in the fund ,good health care for my wife and I plus the kids in past years and a pension. Unlike my fellow brother across the Delaware River I think the IBT has been pretty good to me.

anHOURover

in the glass half empty side at the X 2 1/2 hourly wage union dues formula that's a $1.25 more per month to the IBT. At my $25.05 PT rate I put the extra $10.00 in the Teamster 401K. Glass half full. I have $100K+ in the fund ,good health care for my wife and I plus the kids in past years and a pension. Unlike my fellow brother across the Delaware River I think the IBT has been pretty good to me.
Hey brother
Nice to hear from you again.
I must ask
HOW HAS THE IBT BEEN PRETTY GOOD TO YOU?
First of all you have a lousy pension from the COMPANY that's at about $60 a year.
Secondly did you already forgot the lies of the IBT last contract ?
My third ? Would be why did you turn down a full time job so many times in your career?
Is it because you can't handle ft at ups ?
I once was part time but I took advantage of an opportunity to get a real paycheck.
As you know I work 4 days
Get a real paycheck and
A real pension.

anHOURover

Good, my wife never knew about the last retro check and I'm hoping this next contract gets dragged on so I can sneak another nice check past the wife....you know what I'm saying big time....
Oh I promise you it will be dragged on.
You got my word on it slugger

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Hey brother
Nice to hear from you again.
I must ask
HOW HAS THE IBT BEEN PRETTY GOOD TO YOU?
First of all you have a lousy pension from the COMPANY that's at about $60 a year.
Secondly did you already forgot the lies of the IBT last contract ?
My third ? Would be why did you turn down a full time job so many times in your career?
Is it because you can't handle ft at ups ?
I once was part time but I took advantage of an opportunity to get a real paycheck.
As you know I work 4 days
Get a real paycheck and
A real pension.
The reason I have not gone full time is my full time job pays way more than a top feeder driver.Also a pension for a part time job is unheard of.I may have gone full time when I was young but my wife worked there first and the policy at that time was not to hire relatives.I started in my fourths for benefits and because of the money it is hard to leave.