8-1-17 Raise

LeadBelly

Banned
in the glass half empty side at the X 2 1/2 hourly wage union dues formula that's a $1.25 more per month to the IBT. At my $25.05 PT rate I put the extra $10.00 in the Teamster 401K. Glass half full. I have $100K+ in the fund ,good health care for my wife and I plus the kids in past years and a pension. Unlike my fellow brother across the Delaware River I think the IBT has been pretty good to me.
You are obviously a reasonable person. I appreciate your perspectives and honesty.

LeadBelly

Banned
The reason I have not gone full time is my full time job pays way more than a top feeder driver.Also a pension for a part time job is unheard of.I may have gone full time when I was young but my wife worked there first and the policy at that time was not to hire relatives.I started in my fourths for benefits and because of the money it is hard to leave.
You don't have to explain. Your long history on this site is explanation enough as to your character and resolve. Over the years I've thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts. Even if we haven't always agreed. Your perspectives as a voice of the part timer are an asset to this forum, as well as your service as a steward to the Teamsters. Thank you.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
You don't have to explain. Your long history on this site is explanation enough as to your character and resolve. Over the years I've thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts. Even if we haven't always agreed. Your perspectives as a voice of the part timer are an asset to this forum, as well as your service as a steward to the Teamsters. Thank you.
Wow thank you very much I am humbled by your post.

The Milkman

How's that working out?

I have been retired almost 10 years now, but I still talk to those who are still working. they voted to put more of their raises towards the pension fund which is a bit underfunded last report I saw. It is in better shape than most locals, but still needs help, because it seems that those in local 177 want a bump in their monthly pension payment each contract,which in my opinion is mute because the agreed to pay more once retired for their medical benefits per month. So get a raise of $400, give it back for medical. It will be hard to keep raising pension benefits without more of their wages directed that way instead of in their weekly paycheck. There will come a point someday that the large pension increases will come to an end. My feeling is that you should just feel blessed that you have one that at least now is able to pay out benefits without drawing down the principal

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Just broken in properly and I'm cheap.
Mine are older than yours.
images

...and they hide my Depends well.