8.2 hr dispatch stategy likely to drag down performance for UPS

F

Frankie's Friend

No shuttle drivers if all the packages fit in the PC everyday. All the pickup volume gets back early, probably improves efficiency there too. Having blown out trucks everyday causes alot of other problems and maybe higher UPS noticed that finally? I'm pretty skeptical and it will probably change right after peak and go back to how it was or 10x worse
If the stock starts diving....

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
22.4's better not be fed more hours than RPCD's who are looking for more hours. If UPS thinks that these lower paid drivers are going to get more hours than regular drivers wanting more in an effort to save a ton of money, there's going to be a problem.
Yeah uhhh good luck with that. That's exactly what they're for.

Brownslave688

And I’m happy about. List,you can opt off the 9.5 list and get the hours if you want them. This was top priority drivers went to the union with, it is getting fixed and people still complaining. Smh.
Even if you opt off the list I don't see anyone getting a ton of hours. 22.4 will get the extra hours.

F

Frankie's Friend

the company is desperate to improve service and reduce attrition

look at everything through those lenses and it makes more sense

Thankful nothing drives me quite as insane as Orion drives you
giphy-8.gif

MrWinston

I'm still very new, just qualified a couple of weeks ago. They're still running me on the route I trained on. Last week everybody was very heavy Tuesday & Wednesday. I was out 12 hrs each day & I was told it's a taste of what peak is like. Rest of the week was a bit more manageable.

Yesterday everybody was heavy again. They had somebody take some stops from me & it was still about 11 hrs. I could hardly move through the car most of the day. I find when I can't move, can't sort, can't find anything without digging and digging the ":censored2: it" attitude comes out. I'm thinking "I'll take however long it takes. Want to load me like this then this is what happens."

Today at PCM they said they got the loads better under control. My car was 40 stops lower. I got some bulk off and I could walk through the car. I was amazed, I could move, I could sort, and I just worked at a nice steady quick pace. Things just flowed and I didn't feel rushed, didn't feel like I was perpetually behind. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not going to slow down, I was in a better mood and just doing my best at the job.

Also, yesterday and today I beat the Orion miles because I don't run Orion most of the day.

JL 0513

Even if you opt off the list I don't see anyone getting a ton of hours. 22.4 will get the extra hours.

While they may continue dispatching these lighter days, do you believe UPS will give 22.4's generous OT and regulars with many years of seniority won't have any right to get more if desired? This is what the union passed? Isn't this the very definition of selling out our labor?

Brownslave688

While they may continue dispatching these lighter days, do you believe UPS will give 22.4's generous OT and regulars with many years of seniority won't have any right to get more if desired? This is what the union passed? Isn't this the very definition of selling out our labor?
That's exactly what they agreed to. Hell it was their idea. Why do you think 22.4 don't have 9.5 protection?

Grey

We’ve been heavier than ever but again our center hasn’t cared about 9.5 since I started driving. They have machine that print money for our weekly grievances.

Brownslave688

How is this different from a company moving some production to Mexico?
Well they are still union members getting healthcare and pension monies put in on their behalf. So that's a bit of a stretch.

Also I'm not arguing with you per say just letting you know the facts.

JL 0513

We’ve been heavier than ever but again our center hasn’t cared about 9.5 since I started driving. They have machine that print money for our weekly grievances.

I like how this is supposed to me a national campaign, but not really. Typical UPS fragmentation.

JL 0513

Well they are still union members getting healthcare and pension monies put in on their behalf. So that's a bit of a stretch.

Also I'm not arguing with you per say just letting you know the facts.

I know it's not a precise analogy, but the theory is the same. Replace the high paid workers with lower paid workers, plain and simple. We aren't losing our jobs but a lot of our work is being moved to second class drivers. I'm not saying I want a ton of OT, but the idea of all this is infuriating if we have no recourse against a lower class of driver when it comes to work.

Brownslave688

I like how this is supposed to me a national campaign, but not really. Typical UPS fragmentation.
Yep. Been here about for weeks on here and just started at my center this week. And nowhere near the 7.5 hour days some of you are talking about. More like 9.3