8 hour dispatch coming soon

barnyard

KTM rider
I am ready to start asking for 8 hour days on Mondays again. 5 minutes short of 9/5 today, 10 hours last week and the week before on Monday. 9 hour days the rest of the week, with a good shot for a 10 hour day on Friday too.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I am ready to start asking for 8 hour days on Mondays again. 5 minutes short of 9/5 today, 10 hours last week and the week before on Monday. 9 hour days the rest of the week, with a good shot for a 10 hour day on Friday too.
There's a group of guys in a loop at our center who alternate 8 hour requests every Monday and Friday so dispatch doesn't cut one of the routes in that loop. It's worked well for them so far.

barnyard

KTM rider
We did that last year. Got to the point where one of the guys told that bosses that if they did not put another cut car in, he was going on the 9/5 list. He was working 11-12 hour days for weeks. My ORS asked me if I thought the guy was gong to seriously go on the list, I said that he seemed like he was not bluffing. Things got way, way, way better after that.

We had a cut car in the area late enough in the afternoon to do the bulkiest pickups too. Made for a very nice start to the weekend.

Rack em

Made the Podium
We did that last year. Got to the point where one of the guys told that bosses that if they did not put another cut car in, he was going on the 9/5 list. He was working 11-12 hour days for weeks. My ORS asked me if I thought the guy was gong to seriously go on the list, I said that he seemed like he was not bluffing. Things got way, way, way better after that.

We had a cut car in the area late enough in the afternoon to do the bulkiest pickups too. Made for a very nice start to the weekend.
Honestly, I hate guys who just threaten to go on the list. If they are over dispatching you then get on the list asap! If you just threaten them then they may be reasonable for a week or two, but then it's right back the same old BS. That way when they over dispatch you, you get paid for it. When people threaten to go on the list management knows they are weak in a sense because if they were serious they would just get on the list!

barnyard

KTM rider
He likes 10 hour days. He says that a 50 hour paycheck is what he likes to see. I would imagine that if he put his name on the list, he would remove it in less than a month.

Rack em

Made the Podium
He likes 10 hour days. He says that a 50 hour paycheck is what he likes to see. I would imagine that if he put his name on the list, he would remove it in less than a month.
Have to remain on the list for 5 months (until the new contract is implemented of course).

Bob11B

We don’t even have a list at our center, everyone is under 9.5. I am guessing Bc Amazon delivers here so it’s easier to keep it under 9.5

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
We don’t even have a list at our center, everyone is under 9.5. I am guessing Bc Amazon delivers here so it’s easier to keep it under 9.5
Well this ain't everywhere. I've never so much hellofresh come in all at once. Combine that with people who liberally call-out on every holiday and the preload was bombed out pretty good.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Well this ain't everywhere. I've never so much hellofresh come in all at once. Combine that with people who liberally call-out on every holiday and the preload was bombed out pretty good.
I thought hello fresh switched over to fedex express? We used to get a crap ton of hello fresh and now we don't get any.

WTFm8

I need to see if there’s language that’d allow me and the 5 covers above to get on a 9.5 list.

Last year was my first full year, I barely worked Jan/Feb, but I still had 2,300 hours for the year because of all the overtime.

They misclassify us as Temp Cover Drivers but we’re doing 2,200-2,500hr a year. That’s not ‘Temp’ and that’s not Part Time. They’re screwing us/union on pension contributions.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Center Manager made a big announcement a few weeks ago regarding 8 hour days just beyond the horizon. Management is patting themselves on the back saying how the 9.5 push was such a big success that they will now plan to make 8 hour days the norm soon. Thoughts???
Big deal. Their 8 hour days takes us 9.25 hours.

WTFm8

As a cover driver I couldn't be happier. I'll finally get some hours instead of being laid off from January to April.

As the 2nd lowest seniority cover driver in my building, I’ve had off 10 days this year but still have just over 50hr/wk average for the year.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
As the 2nd lowest seniority cover driver in my building, I’ve had off 10 days this year but still have just over 50hr/wk average for the year.

I'm in a rural center so the volume swings wildly. We've got drivers on our local sort sweeping floors and changing the microfiber towels in the mechanic's bay.