$8 to pick a package up at the center????

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
It doesn't just magically appear up at the counter, they have to pay employees to retrieve the package, pay another to be yard certified to bring it to the counter and pay someone to give the package at the counter.
Stop crying
Oh, so you're paid by the piece? There isn't some excessive hourly rate while you're sitting on your ass waiting for the next person to come in that covers that?

sailfish

Did you pay for shipping?
If you did you got it at a discount, you want preferential treatment for you package you have to pay for that Karan
So it costs less to run trucks with $4/gallon gas and endless insurance, vehicle wear, and liability costs all all the way out to me than it does for me to actually get off my ass and get it myself. Gotcha.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Oh, so you're paid by the piece? There isn't some excessive hourly rate while you're sitting on your ass waiting for the next person to come in that covers that?
That time is spent correcting address, finding maps for new streets for delivery dispatch, and dealing with former employees/ customers who "know" what its like because they worked there

Turdferguson

Just a turd
So it costs less to run trucks with $4/gallon gas and endless insurance, vehicle wear, and liability costs all all the way out to me than it does for me to actually get off my ass and get it myself. Gotcha.
Do you think the drivers go out with one package each day? Are you the only person who gets a UPS delivery in your neighborhood?

sailfish

Do you think the drivers go out with one package each day? Are you the only person who gets a UPS delivery in your neighborhood?
I'm kinda out of the way. So yes. Delivering to places like mine can't possibly be cost-effective.

sailfish

Point that out to them next time you you place a will call on a package, I'm sure it will make them see the error of charging you...
Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll permanently will-call me then I won't have to pay $8 just to retrieve my :censored2:.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll permanently will-call me then I won't have to pay $8 just to retrieve my :censored2:.
giphy.gif