9.5 is a joke

Over 70

I've only been in the game a year In my early 30s but after doing 160 stops with 350 pieces in town during peak and now on a 80 stop less than 150 piece rural route, I can feel the difference physically.

I go rural anyday regardless of weather...

Ecw21411

Ran into this problem big time on July 3rd. They planned us to not have enough guys to cover all the pickups, never mind deliver everything. Screamed about it for 6 weeks. Never heard a peep. Said screw it and put in extra cars, wasn't taking the missed.

Average paid day was still 10.1. Everybody else had huge missed and late numbers. We got screamed at on the AM call on the 3rd and looking liked geniuses on the 5th. Go figure.
I'm assuming you are management and no one knows who you are, so you can be sorta upfront. To a limit of course.
Back about 20-30 years ago, we really did have to make an attempt on everything. Even when we were sheeting (writing) our stops. Better get those 2nd days off too! Don't miss the 2nd days! I was audited a couple of times upon return to bldg.
Then I hear from drivers in package, they are told occasionally to bring stuff back. I have had expected deliveries, that didn't make it to me. They were on the wrong car.
In feeder (1996-2000), we catered to feeder accounts like they were ALL Amazon.
Maybe 5-6 years ago, we were leaving FULL trailers at pick up accounts. Not once, twice or three times - but whenever we were just too busy. Not a second thought! This was mainly at peak.
Short question to you. Is this/was this okay now? What happened?? I just assumed bringing stuff back was accepted now. What can you tell me? thanks in advance.

I'm told that I can't be over 9/5 and that I'm not to scan what's left on my truck and to give it to the clerk so it can be futured .

Ecw21411

Ran into this problem big time on July 3rd. They planned us to not have enough guys to cover all the pickups, never mind deliver everything. Screamed about it for 6 weeks. Never heard a peep. Said screw it and put in extra cars, wasn't taking the missed.

Average paid day was still 10.1. Everybody else had huge missed and late numbers. We got screamed at on the AM call on the 3rd and looking liked geniuses on the 5th. Go figure.
I'm assuming you are management and no one knows who you are, so you can be sorta upfront. To a limit of course.
Back about 20-30 years ago, we really did have to make an attempt on everything. Even when we were sheeting (writing) our stops. Better get those 2nd days off too! Don't miss the 2nd days! I was audited a couple of times upon return to bldg.
Then I hear from drivers in package, they are told occasionally to bring stuff back. I have had expected deliveries, that didn't make it to me. They were on the wrong car.
In feeder (1996-2000), we catered to feeder accounts like they were ALL Amazon.
Maybe 5-6 years ago, we were leaving FULL trailers at pick up accounts. Not once, twice or three times - but whenever we were just too busy. Not a second thought! This was mainly at peak.
Short question to you. Is this/was this okay now? What happened?? I just assumed bringing stuff back was accepted now. What can you tell me? thanks in advance.
I'm told that I can't be over 9/5 and that I'm not to scan what's left on my truck and to give it to the clerk so it can be futured .
That's ridiculous

Yes it's bull:censored2: and what's sad is ups doesn't care if our customers get their stuff on time!

Ecw21411

It was told to all of us that was on the 9/5 list after the pcm,at first they said to miss and when I called in with missed I was told to be under and bring back what I can't deliver and not to scan it.
Was this statement made by a supervisor and witnessed by other hourly, union employees?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It was told to all of us that was on the 9/5 list after the pcm,at first they said to miss and when I called in with missed I was told to be under and bring back what I can't deliver and not to scan it.

Have'em send that in a diad message

Take a picture of it

WAD

Ecw21411

I hope you document this crap. It just takes one complaint and you are fired for falsifying records. We had that happen in our building and mgmt denied everything. Take pics of diad messages if you know what is good for you.
I have and have witnesses and our ba is aware of everything