9.5 is a joke

wornoutupser

I have filed to be on the 9.5 list.

I am still working almost as much since I filed. My workweek barely has a dent in it. I have gone from 56-58 hours a week to 54-55.

My question is this: since I want less hours, what is next to force UPS to honor my request? I am filing for the penalty pay but they do not seem to care. Any great strategies out there?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
They are testing you to see if your going to file or not. If you keep filing they will adjust your hours.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Everybody needs to get on the list and file grievances. They will load me up two days and try to keep me down the rest of the week. If you aren't on the list, you will probably get more stops from somebody who is. At a certain point, they will put in more routes if the penalty pay is costing the company more. It kills me with some thirty-year drivers in my Center who complain about the overtime but are too scared to stand up for themselves.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Everybody needs to get on the list and file grievances. They will load me up two days and try to keep me down the rest of the week. If you aren't on the list, you will probably get more stops from somebody who is. At a certain point, they will put in more routes if the penalty pay is costing the company more. It kills me with some thirty-year drivers in my Center who complain about the overtime but are too scared to stand up for themselves.
You know you can file on them loading you up those two days. Just because 9.5 regards only two days going over for them to fix it, doesn't mean they can friend you Monday and Tuesday. It should be consistent all week. Look it up.

And on a side note. I work out of the same building as the shooting that took place and allegedly he was disgruntled about excessive OT. You think that would change things around here but it's only gotten worse. Don't expect anything from these greedy garbage people. File and stick up for yourself. They can't fire you for grieving

Johney

Y

You better have a 8 hour request if you do that or you won't have to worry about 9/5 anymore you won't have a job. We have no quit delivering in 8 hours in the central region or any region I know of
Nor do we and if I remember you have to work over 8.5 to get double time for any hours over 8.