9.5 is a joke

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I remember when they would do that. Often came from up above. Up in the tower. I know my manager didn't want to do that to me. I am that guy who doesn't say a word. Everything is said the following day on that payroll.
When they dissolve a route, it just hurts everyone too much. Everyone's running at 130%, and then they try and stuff a bit more? I remember thinking: are you sure you wanna do this? LOL! Funny looking back. I feel for you guys going through this now.
a0f66d166d004be58fef202d8a2ceaec.jpg
We have guys missing stuff because they eliminate too many routes. Great work IE.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Yes. I wish I could count the times being in grievance meetings, only hear the
Labor Manager say; Well, that's not the way we see it". As I look at it thinking;
well that's the way it reads!!
Both sides like that gray area there for obvious reasons - but of course it makes some things difficult at times. that's why I asked about about the clarity/subjective of "excessive OT". I'm just asking

My thoughts on this are

If my start time is 8:30 I'am late if I punch in at 8:31

If nda is delivered at 10:31 it's late

If a 2nd day a.m. Is deliverd after 12:00 it's late

You see where Iam going with this

It seems as though UPS wants it both ways

Imo this should have been dealt with along time ago

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My thoughts on this are

If my start time is 8:30 I'am late if I punch in at 8:31

If nda is delivered at 10:31 it's late

If a 2nd day a.m. Is deliverd after 12:00 it's late

You see where Iam going with this

It seems as though UPS wants it both ways

Imo this should have been dealt with along time ago
Ummm 2 day am has the same commit time as nda. You old retired irrelevant POS

If it's a commercial stop

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We have guys missing stuff because they eliminate too many routes. Great work IE.
Ran into this problem big time on July 3rd. They planned us to not have enough guys to cover all the pickups, never mind deliver everything. Screamed about it for 6 weeks. Never heard a peep. Said screw it and put in extra cars, wasn't taking the missed.

Average paid day was still 10.1. Everybody else had huge missed and late numbers. We got screamed at on the AM call on the 3rd and looking liked geniuses on the 5th. Go figure.

twoweeled

Ran into this problem big time on July 3rd. They planned us to not have enough guys to cover all the pickups, never mind deliver everything. Screamed about it for 6 weeks. Never heard a peep. Said screw it and put in extra cars, wasn't taking the missed.

Average paid day was still 10.1. Everybody else had huge missed and late numbers. We got screamed at on the AM call on the 3rd and looking liked geniuses on the 5th. Go figure.
I'm assuming you are management and no one knows who you are, so you can be sorta upfront. To a limit of course.
Back about 20-30 years ago, we really did have to make an attempt on everything. Even when we were sheeting (writing) our stops. Better get those 2nd days off too! Don't miss the 2nd days! I was audited a couple of times upon return to bldg.
Then I hear from drivers in package, they are told occasionally to bring stuff back. I have had expected deliveries, that didn't make it to me. They were on the wrong car.
In feeder (1996-2000), we catered to feeder accounts like they were ALL Amazon.
Maybe 5-6 years ago, we were leaving FULL trailers at pick up accounts. Not once, twice or three times - but whenever we were just too busy. Not a second thought! This was mainly at peak.
Short question to you. Is this/was this okay now? What happened?? I just assumed bringing stuff back was accepted now. What can you tell me? thanks in advance.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Short question to you. Is this/was this okay now? What happened?? I just assumed bringing stuff back was accepted now. What can you tell me? thanks in advance.
Bringing stuff back shouldn't be acceptable anywhere. Unfortunately IE puts us in a position sometimes where you have to risk it happening.

twoweeled

Bringing stuff back shouldn't be acceptable anywhere. Unfortunately IE puts us in a position sometimes where you have to risk it happening.
Yes, but it wasn't accepted before and it was extremely rare when it happened. It happened plenty within the last few years, but I understand.

upsgrunt

What's it take to lose your job in IE?
I mean, it seems they screw up a LOT, but they just keep doing the same crap. Who monitors their performance, and who do they answer to?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Thanks for getting my daughter's college dorm wastebasket to my house, Target free shipping on a $4 item. I left the light on tomorrow for the desk lamp.
IMG_3687.jpg

And no, I know the driver who delivered it, it wasn't the post office.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Since when, did sheeting a and delivering a package at 10:30 diad timestamp become on-time? Is that new? I've had that happen more than once and they were late.

twoweeled

What's it take to lose your job in IE?
I mean, it seems they screw up a LOT, but they just keep doing the same crap. Who monitors their performance, and who do they answer to?
I'm not sure if upper management views them as screwing up. I remember many drivers concerning themselves with time study numbers. Why, I don't know. But "possibly" if IE lowers a rating and over a period of time drivers try to pick it up to get out of the hole and away from harassment. Point being, even if more drivers go in the hole, but they've squeezed out more SPORH - that may be considered a success. Unless you're of the belief that IE is trying to be fair? Then disregard everything I wrote.
IE does nothing more than rationalize fictitious improvements in efficiency.

twoweeled

Heaven forbid I might have a 7.9 day. But we can cut some routes and have the safety guy play with his weiner for 8 hours.
Ahh yes. The safety guy. He's not playing with his own wiener. Doesn't he have his own chair underneath the boss's desk? No shame. It's usually a newer guy. Doesn't know any better?

ManInBrown

Since when, did sheeting a and delivering a package at 10:30 diad timestamp become on-time? Is that new? I've had that happen more than once and they were late.
Wrong. 10:30 is not late. As long as the package is sheeted while the DIAD still says 10:30 it is not late. If you have 25 packages for one stop. The first one is sheeted at 10:30 and the other 24 take 30 minutes to find and you stop complete at 11am it's not late. But don't move that truck before you stop complete.